Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
duolc wrote:
I can't believe so many are accusing of account sharing, just because someone plays for a few hours without a break.
40+ hours of consecutive gameplay is not "few hours without a break"

Like i said, I hope the devs run a ip check vs all the top 10 accounts to verify all these account sharing accusations and put them to rest
Last edited by xpose on Dec 30, 2012, 4:06:29 PM
"
duolc wrote:
I can't believe so many are accusing of account sharing, just because someone plays for a few hours without a break.

People are just looking at the stats and thinking how can he possibly be keeping up the pace after many hours of no sleep.

Staying awake for 30-40 hours is hard enough so yeah people are questioning it.

It's the interwebs.

This event certainly has drawn alot of interest though..things are looking good for the GGG guys and gals.
"
xpose wrote:
"
duolc wrote:

Like i said, I hope the devs run a ip check vs all the top 10 accounts to verify all these account sharing accusations and put them to rest

What's to stop someone from just having a lan party with a bunch of mates and all sharing the PC ? doing an IP scan isn't going to do shit for that so just chill.
"
xpose wrote:
"
duolc wrote:

But who cares... even if someone's been playing for 160 hours straight. It's not against the rules. You have 168 hours to get as much xp as possible for a given character, don't die.
"
Rhazer wrote:
"
duolc wrote:

People are just looking at the stats and thinking how can he possibly be keeping up the pace after many hours of no sleep.

Staying awake for 30-40 hours is hard enough so yeah people are questioning it.

It's the interwebs.

This event certainly has drawn alot of interest though..things are looking good for the GGG guys and gals.

True but not so good for ppl who didn't sleep for 30+ hours. Its really not healthy and imo health > game : )
First of let's stop just accusing people of cheating, when there is no proof.
The difference in average playtime between the top two isn't that big, I should note that a guy from kripp's team has a higher playtime than Dominion, zoldysucks if I'm not mystaken, and even nugi, that has streamed the whole time has a higher play time too. It is well within feasable to do these times as a single person.

With that said, I'm going to bring a healthier dose of discussion to the table.
Who do you guys feel like is the most skilled (probably more about the build quality than mechanical skill, but hey) player going for the top spots?
I would have to put my money on dime, he is one of only 2 guys that played less than half the week in the top 10. Saddly you can't really compare the average XP because you gain way more XP on later levels, so people with higher playtime + level are bound to have a better average.
Add that to all of the top places this guy raked at closed beta, he clearly is one of the top players out there right now.

"
Rhazer wrote:
"
xpose wrote:
"
duolc wrote:

What's to stop someone from just having a lan party with a bunch of mates and all sharing the PC ? doing an IP scan isn't going to do shit for that so just chill.
if hes doing that then good for him, but I doubt he has a "lan party" going on for the past week.
dime has no dps at all I'm not sure you can really gauge his skill since his build fulfills a very specific role in the group. I've seen many maps where all he does is decoy totem and run around looking for loose mobs. I do really enjoy his stream and interaction with chat however, and he obviously knows the game very well and is a terrific racer.
"
Flab wrote:
"
xpose wrote:
"
duolc wrote:

But who cares... even if someone's been playing for 160 hours straight. It's not against the rules. You have 168 hours to get as much xp as possible for a given character, don't die.
accoutn sharing is against the tos...
Account sharing is fine, just don't pretend it isn't a group effort.

Congrats to TEAM Dominion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info