Dec 24: One-week HC Race

Don't cry that races need limits cause you can't keep up.
You want 1-3hr limit race? Those get run all the time.
Why am I even posting this, why do I even read race threads, deja vu every time.
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
"
sewerside wrote:

Why am I even posting this, why do I even read race threads, deja vu every time.

propably because you have too much spare time.
"
Edxild wrote:
"
sewerside wrote:

propably because you have too much spare time.

Unfortunately not enough to win a demigod for this 1weeker.
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
Everyone should stop B*tching and enjoy the game :D
WHELPS MANY WHELPS
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
WHELPS MANY WHELPS

NOW! HANDLE IT!
Code. Frag. | gplus.to/mystrdat | twitch.tv/mystrdat
"
There shouldn't be any time limits in these races. You say that 5h would be fair to everyone, well it wouldn't for example be fair to me. I'm a gamer, but I also work 8h a day and can afford to play maybe 2-3h a day.

I demand a limit to be 2h per day of play time. See how absurd this is? Races aren't for everyone, and it's completely ok. I will play HC normal and participate in races that run for couple of hours, but won't compete in ones like this.

There could be races fair for you too for example:
2 weeks solo timelimit 28h.

Timelimits without trading would be excellent for solo 3h races too.
The starting times can't be perfect for everybody so why not create a 18h 3h limit race?
The only disadvantage is that there should be an IP lock on short races since several people will use multiple accounts and get 6 good characters in 18h.

"
jeez, this isnt an rts guys. it's an action rpg, it's always luck dependent who gets #1, in d2 in anything.

Using a game that mainly had bots running for 2003 isn't the best example.
Also in 1.08 and 1.09 nobody cared who gets first since it was slightly harder to reach level 99 than level 60 in D3.

PoE progression on maps is based on luck and Party size. You can easily see it on Gem levels.
For example in HC Ladder most level 81 characters got level 20 gems, while my Templar has only level 19 gems since I grinded level 61 map max till level 73 before I worked down stacks of higher maps and then I had only level 65+ maps, so I did far less map than lower ranked players but I simply had far more luck.

Edit:quoted the wrong guy sorry....
"
Someone today on Nugiyen's stream chat pointed out, that a limited time per day wouldn't realy limit people who play 15+ hours a day - they'd just make another account and level another character for farming maps and gear with. You could always say "oh, then limit it on an IP base too". The realy dedicated players would just use a proxy. "Oh, then blacklist every open/known proxies" - they could get a dynamic IP address or heck, even pay another line (mobile internet).

It won't be that easy since resetting IP will still link you to the same region.
Paying VPNs will result in slower connection and also link to the same server region.
And even somebody does his best to evade such mechanisms he will certainly be caught when he transfers prices or currency to the main/best account in more than one race.

The main problem is that there aren't enough different race modes.
1h Race being the most interesting for now(farming coves or risk a2 is an interesting choice) and even there the same builds are the most successful ones.
That's why there are players with "30+ demis" because they invested much time to know map layouts and perfected amount of monsters they kill before they go to the lower prison.
Not to mention how many 3h demigods come from abusing a completely unbalanced Groundslam that finally got balanced mid ladder Race.
The rest depends on itemdrops(I had races I had to kill merveil with a tribal maul or a short bow because I couldn't buy a long bow or mallet and it didn't drop)

3h turbo still end up in grinding Western Forest(it's questionable if WC level 2 is better) since on a 3h Turbo race we did really good but sadly Pam died in fidelitas so we lost much time towards the leading party and ended up grinding WC level 2 for the last hour and yet several players that were 3 levels behind us and grinded Western forest got past us)
3h normal will always end in ledge farming on cruel.
4h turbo will end in ledge and 4h normal will end up in Western forest or fellshrine cruel.
2h normal = Western forest.

Imo short timed races must have Cut Throat added that would heavily affect grinding certain spots.
There are enough players/parties that are good at rushing but haven't perfected it so they arrive minutes later possibly with a level that gives no experience in the area(I already had a race I ended level 19 in ancient pyramid) and being able to knock Top10 players out of a race will heavily affect builds and grind spots.
Either you will be forced to progress(or fight followers at some point) or you must find dangerous grind spots.
For example grind ancient pyramid or chamber of sins.
Not to mention many pvp gems will be taken such as whirling blades, viper strike etc.

Or what about a character wipe race that starts with level 49 in merciless difficulties you get orbs to buy items and may visit lower difficulties to obtain leveled skill gems.
Or how about a race that starts at maps already?

Especially short races that don't start at act 1 normal would remove the need of time limits.
There could even be a map race, where you are already level 70, got orbs to buy equipment/reroll maze map and only shadow of vaal will drop maps, or the time to finish maze will be recorded.

Such races would put time investment on a lower level and put skill and luck on a higher level.
Last edited by Hilbert on Dec 29, 2012, 7:11:54 PM
I want to win the 100 meters olympic game but some jamaican guys can train for 16 hours /day... I can't do that. It's not fair.

We have to put some limits to theirs daily training duration.

old casuals vs hardcore prob....
Last edited by Beloresin on Dec 29, 2012, 6:32:06 PM
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
There are long races, there are short races, everyone can participate in what he wants. If someone has problem playing 10+hours a day, he can play the short ones. Limiting is pointless, obviously those long races are made for people which have a lot free time and for fun (even with only few hours/day you can achieve the currency item prizes.

It won't be that easy since resetting IP will still link you to the same region.
Paying VPNs will result in slower connection and also link to the same server region.
And even somebody does his best to evade such mechanisms he will certainly be caught when he transfers prices or currency to the main/best account in more than one race.
Are you even reading what you quote? He isnt saying anything that could be associated with IP's since he disagrees with limiting playtime (and rightly so). Perhaps you took an extract of his post, but you took away the name so we dont know who posted it, can you please stop doing this? (without the name I cant look at the full post)

I agree that there should be more race types, but adding cut-throat mechanics to non cut-throat leagues isnt a good idea at all.

EDIT: So after re-reading your post like 12 times I finally understood what you were talking about, but the bits of text you quoted arent even mentioned, it seems to serve no purpose in your post since you dont even talk about it (other than to present a better argument than your post does). This whole 'limiting' thing is silly (which is what that other guy is saying), more race event types would be helpful since people could just play the races that suit them.
Last edited by Metronomy on Dec 29, 2012, 6:53:27 PM
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
There are long races, there are short races, everyone can participate in what he wants. If someone has problem playing 10+hours a day, he can play the short ones. Limiting is pointless, obviously those long races are made for people which have a lot free time and for fun (even with only few hours/day you can achieve the currency item prizes.

Are you even reading what you quote? He isnt saying anything that could be associated with IP's since he disagrees with limiting playtime (and rightly so). Perhaps you took an extract of his post, but you took away the name so we dont know who posted it, can you please stop doing this? (without the name I cant look at the full post)

I agree that there should be more race types, but adding cut-throat mechanics to non cut-throat leagues isnt a good idea at all.

that is the full post... i dont know why hes on about IPs either...
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info