Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
Visuv wrote:
Really fantastic.

Died @lvl 48 to vaal ruthless. 1750 hp 50% armor 75fire resistence. Saw his smash coming, charged away. Was safe, but suddenly the game decided that i died. Bam.

Know why? Desync that **** once more! No fire explosion nothing. That's so lame. Really killing the fun of.

Couldn't have been more tanky with this char, really frustrating death during a race. For the third time now.

Desync seems to become worse, not better, over the last months.

IMO this remains PoE's biggest limiting factor...and it's what will keep me away from Hardcore races once OB starts. Hopefully the new server boost will help.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
Most of his viewers dont really mind wich game he's playing

Then make him play Tetris and Global won't make players wish to have a word filter that ignores all messages containing Kripp/stream etc. ;D
I ignored like 5 idiots who have no idea about game but spam chat about Kripp, after that my global chat was quite clean and polite. I don't care about Kripp much but I don't mind him either. He and his viewers are not a problem. There will always be some idiots spamming global chat, if not about this streamer maybe about another or something completely different to seek attention. If you don't like talking about Kripp then don't come to forums complaining about others talking about him etc. This is the kind of discussion that makes everything look like spam about the streamer (and I apologize that I just joined this discussion :P quite hipocritical; I hope you won't answer me and I won't continue this topic whether you do or not).
GoGo Kripp we gonna WIN !
Was two of the same post. Sorry.
Last edited by Fanalol on Dec 28, 2012, 9:41:20 AM
What will happen with our stashes from this race?
"
Visuv wrote:
Really fantastic.

Died @lvl 48 to vaal ruthless. 1750 hp 50% armor 75fire resistence. Saw his smash coming, charged away. Was safe, but suddenly the game decided that i died. Bam.

Know why? Desync that **** once more! No fire explosion nothing. That's so lame. Really killing the fun of.

Couldn't have been more tanky with this char, really frustrating death during a race. For the third time now.

Desync seems to become worse, not better, over the last months.

The desync sucks, but there are ways to avoid that slam besides dodging it when you seem him start it.

Only attack in melee range when he starts spewing minions, falling rocks, or ice patches. Only take a couple of swings (you can take a few more if you have a high attack speed), and get out of there quick after your first couple of attacks. This prevents him from being able to use the melee attack. He'll ponder his next move, start executing it, and when he does, you jump in and hit him a few more times. It can make the fight a bit tedious if your dps is low, but as long as he doesn't constantly spawn minions, you'll barely get scratched.

This is something I've seen devmoon do on his stream repeatedly.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Close ass race!!! LightSpire is really going for it! Man hasnt slept in like 2 days
"
Lachis wrote:
What will happen with our stashes from this race?
Stash tabs get moved to hardcore in "remove only" tabs. The character(s) will get moved there as well, assuming you survive until the end.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
overpowdered wrote:
"
Baatar wrote:
Is this Hilbert the best PoE player atm?

Not close.

Winning those 1 week races isn't about skill. It's about the time you are able to invest and teamwork.

Hilbert like Morsexier are players with lots of spare time that's why they are good in this races.
That in itself wouldn't be a problem but it becomes annoying when they use their time to do other things like continuing their battles here in this thread.

I laughed. You make this point as if this wasn't my exact point all along. Notice I'm level 30 something in this race because of Christmas.

You can make some sort of point about anything anyone does.

1. He would never win a 1 week+ race (except he has all this free time).
2. He would never win those party races (except he has a party).
3. He would never win those solo races without getting lucky (hillock MS boots).
4. X Steamer wouldn't still be in the race (viewers donating stuff).

Among the components of what annoyed me so much is certain people's blatant idiocy in regards to #1. In regards to the skill comment, knowledge of maps, builds and reaction time in dangerous situations or maps all combine to make you a faster\better\safer leveler. As for the rest, well I think the results speak for themselves.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."

"
Stash tabs get moved to hardcore in "remove only" tabs. The character(s) will get moved there as well, assuming you survive until the end.

i dont have hardcore-characters, neither is it my intention to play hardcore (at least until im a little more expirienced).
yet still im participating in this event (mostly just for a challenge).
Now i´ve come across the possibility to get eventually some rewards/prices (currency).
is it possible to transfer those into default-league?
and whats with the stash? any chances on that too?

PS.: i dont mind the character, i got one in default & can level another anytime ^^

thanks & good luck to all of you!
Last edited by ZoGGGyyyy on Dec 28, 2012, 11:49:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info