Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
XxDragon wrote:
... For every gray name, you just know there was some highly pissed off person somewhere in the world, which is just priceless.

If someone dies and still makes the Top 10,,,that'd be incredibly impressive, sorry. Levels are levels. Having a character be dead forever is a bad enough disadvantage as one can have really.

I'm not disagreeing with you about having some recognition for the dead, just as long as it's not at the expense of the living (e.g. dead shouldn't take numbered spots ahead of alive players).

"

Why punish [dead high level characters] even more via removing any recognition for the work they had put into their characters?

Because it makes the risk/reward of aggressive levelling even more poignant.

consider this analogy: if someone takes financial risks in life, they have a chance of ending up broke. No one (except close friends/family) cares how much money they once had or could have had if their plan had worked. All that people see is the pauper in front of them now.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
Last edited by obadonke on Dec 25, 2012, 8:01:19 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

U wanna play 48 hours straight? Well, now u dead.
hellboar died? Guess so. 48 hour marathon on Christmas eve / day no less.
Last edited by Lionguild on Dec 25, 2012, 10:24:01 PM
Either/or.

Whether they gray-out the names of the deceased instead of removing, or making a new list from them entirely are both fine ideas. However, someone "losing" due to others' dead characters simply means that they lost to someone who has died...which is bad on their part. The ladder should reward winners, and not eliminate credit where credit is due just because someone in 201st place is jealous/upset.
Krip and Cybrix drama.... now we have a race!
My internet really REALLY didn't want me to do good this race :(
"
davep1 wrote:
Krip and Cybrix drama.... now we have a race!

Nah not really. Cybrix will be dead within the next day or two. He plays way to reckless to survive a week of maps. I'll be suprised if he lasts the week anyway. Either way, that little bit of drama was well worth watching. It was only a matter of time. Kripp, Simon, and Cybrix where all getting stressed. Hell even Kripp yelled a bit earlier about how they where completeing maps.
"
Hilbert wrote:

Fayded was played by 2 players for example, other top rushers in old races were more than one person sooo.

I know fayded, he was one guy. I was on vent with him a lot of the times, I know him from way back and trust me, it was him alone on that grind, Him and panda i believed tied it at first and they both are each their own person
If you guys think templars are dominant here (and I've repeatedly said they're underrated), you guys should wait for some populated turbo races.
that was fun, even if all you think im a 2 person chinese bot
srdy
Last edited by hellboar on Dec 26, 2012, 2:19:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info