Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
hellboar wrote:
that was fun, even if all you think im a 2 person chinese bot
haha hellboar. haters gonna hate. how did you die anyways?
fidelas / lothar or whtaever his name is 1 shot me with lightning strike.
srdy
That was first event for me... picked Witch and went up to 40 (considering I cant play a lot and have to afk all the time - damn good i think)! And then died horribly to that rogue bandit boss on Cruel :D.

Oh well it was fun. I`ll see how far I will get this time :D.
"
XxDragon wrote:
Either/or.

Whether they gray-out the names of the deceased instead of removing, or making a new list from them entirely are both fine ideas. However, someone "losing" due to others' dead characters simply means that they lost to someone who has died...which is bad on their part.

I'm still not sure we're disagreeing here. you talk of "credit" and "winning", sometimes in the same sentence but only loosely connected.

Do you want dead players to be able to win or take places away from lower ranks that were more cautious and survived? Is that what you want? If so, we have a disagreement.

Do you want dead players to get some credit? Yeah, me too. However, to win (or finish 201st) in this league you have to stay alive and that very fact adds more kudos to those that take huge risks and live to claim the prizes.

"
The ladder should reward winners, and not eliminate credit where credit is due just because someone in 201st place is jealous/upset.

Dead characters don't win.

I've experienced plenty of death in these leagues and guess what: I'm more jealous/upset when my toon dies (i.e. the "injustice" of getting no credit for my hard work) than when my toon is alive.

All the same, I've come to terms with the way this league works and I like it. I'll still be devastated if my timidly-leveled Marauder meets his untimely death before I hit level 50. I'm already quaking at the stories coming in now of level 27+ toons that died to a couple of hits from seemingly innocent foe. However, for me, that fear of losing everything is part of the fun!
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
Last edited by obadonke on Dec 26, 2012, 5:06:22 AM
Yes, hardcore leagues place the highest value on 'living', if you die that means you have failed. I think there should be a 'Deaths' ladder (and there is on PoE statistics for events), but that is the full extent of benefits for the dead. I dont think people that have failed to survive deserve a prize from this league. At the very most maybe a nominal 'consolation' prize could be given to losers (much lower than the final prizes), maybe 1 free random orb if you are over level 60 and die.

EDIT: Link to deaths if you cant find it
http://poestatistics.com/events/dec-24-one-week-hc-race/deaths/top/
Last edited by Metronomy on Dec 26, 2012, 7:09:17 AM
"
Metronomy wrote:
Yes, hardcore leagues place the highest value on 'living', if you die that means you have failed. I think there should be a 'Deaths' ladder (and there is on PoE statistics for events), but that is the full extent of benefits for the dead. I dont think people that have failed to survive deserve a prize from this league. At the very most maybe a nominal 'consolation' prize could be given to losers (much lower than the final prizes), maybe 1 free random orb if you are over level 60 and die.

Second this.
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
"
Fayded was on path of exile's mumble when he was playing
unless these 2 players have the same voice, I think you'll have to come with better ground if you start calling names

I haven't played in every race nor with all top10 players, but each one I got the chance to party with felt like one person
unlike you who spent the turbo race flaming people in general chat then decides to confide in me to complain about how bad your team for races is
hmm, that being said you're probably talking trash behind everyone's back to everybody[/quote]

Yeah certainly one kid who uses the N word 10 times a minutes, starts raging quiet fast and a more mature player.
2 Players don't necessarily mean that they play 50% each and I heard it from different people.

"

I haven't played in every race nor with all top10 players, but each one I got the chance to party with felt like one person
unlike you who spent the turbo race flaming people in general chat.

Yes common "flaming" such as linking a random rare and make fun of random items with level 50-62 spamming long lists of junks they want to sell for Chaos,Alchemy or GCP to make them stop.
Or just saying "That's junk".
There are players who link every rare they find in global chat in 1h-4h races and in long timed races and that "flaming" makes most of them stop.
Only problem is that since there is no trade tab there are several individuals who spam maxed out junk lists and their click speed in stash is incredible you have to scroll up.
Other than that there were only 2-3 flames like linking a map and saying "Sorry mouze" towards the end and my global chat was closed most of the time.

And several of the high ranked players don't even type one word when doing maps, hard to say that's one player.

"
then decides to confide in me to complain about how bad your team for races is hmm, that being said you're probably talking trash behind everyone's back to everybody

Yes it is indeed trash talking behind somebody, if they get to hear "WTF were you doing?!Such a stupid mistake again, taking 3 vaal lasers at once -_-
Also you should learn to read. I said "I need good rush players and the friends being online aren't good rush players" because my usual racer friends aren't active till OB and in those races we did good beside rips and unplanned splitting, which resulted in 3 level differences. Those friends are usually don't even participate in short timed races (with party at best)
They know it themselves or they say it's their PC/connection what's reasonable reason not to rush.

"
If you guys think templars are dominant here (and I've repeatedly said they're underrated), you guys should wait for some populated turbo races.

I still think that Templars are the best tanks with Armor/ES.
Besides Prozon(lost since I never could get summons up between 6 Icespears and 3 FP and Penetration is a bit too OVP) my Tanksummon(pure summon) Templar had only draws.
I think that I will remove anger and wrath in another variaton and try a 4 linked Iron Will spell.
Armor/ES isn't affected that much by heavy hits(rhoa, goats, explosive arrow stacks) or Status ailments like CI.

Shadows and witches might be the classes which will exp faster but they will die more easily since CI has got many disadvantages.

The next person that responds deserves to be shot!
I'm BACK :)
"
Coldet wrote:
The next person that responds deserves to be shot!

"
Hilbert wrote:

Sorry for having a job, a girlfriend and paying taxes so some unemployed losers get wellfare and can play some game all day.

"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
"
obadonke wrote:
"
XxDragon wrote:
Either/or.

Whether they gray-out the names of the deceased instead of removing, or making a new list from them entirely are both fine ideas. However, someone "losing" due to others' dead characters simply means that they lost to someone who has died...which is bad on their part.

I'm still not sure we're disagreeing here. you talk of "credit" and "winning", sometimes in the same sentence but only loosely connected.

Do you want dead players to be able to win or take places away from lower ranks that were more cautious and survived? Is that what you want? If so, we have a disagreement.

Do you want dead players to get some credit? Yeah, me too. However, to win (or finish 201st) in this league you have to stay alive and that very fact adds more kudos to those that take huge risks and live to claim the prizes.

"
The ladder should reward winners, and not eliminate credit where credit is due just because someone in 201st place is jealous/upset.

Dead characters don't win.

I've experienced plenty of death in these leagues and guess what: I'm more jealous/upset when my toon dies (i.e. the "injustice" of getting no credit for my hard work) than when my toon is alive.

All the same, I've come to terms with the way this league works and I like it. I'll still be devastated if my timidly-leveled Marauder meets his untimely death before I hit level 50. I'm already quaking at the stories coming in now of level 27+ toons that died to a couple of hits from seemingly innocent foe. However, for me, that fear of losing everything is part of the fun!

I read the first part and felt I should say that you should go fuck yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info