Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
Haderach99 wrote:
blabla

I guess you are aiming that whine at me when you comment the "welfare" thing. I never told GGG to change their game, I just stated my opinion at the end, on how awesome I think it would have been if there were races that had limited gameplay, nowhere did I demand GGG to change their game. And yeah, I stand by my opinion on people living on welfare. They cruise through life without working a single day in thelr life, how is this right? If they are indeed unable to work because of health issues, then sure, I understand, but I personally know people who dont work just because they dont want to work. People like that drain money from the state and ruin stuff for other people who actually is unable to work. This is a known issue where I live, if you dont think this is an issue, you are ignorant.

Also, its fairly common to envy people that has stuff you dont, or can do stuff you cant, and I dont deny that I envy people who can play more than I can. Its a part of life. What is wrong with having leagues that limit gameplay somehow, to promote game knowledge and efficiency rather than 24/7 play. I know that its completly and utterly impossible to create a league where everyone will be able to attend with equal amount of time and so on, but does it hurt to have more variance?

Any way, I am happy that PoE exists. I dont really need to do the races, I am fine with the default league too, I just thought I'd state my opinion on this issue, but obviously some people cant refrain from bashing other people's opinions and putting themselves higher than others.

Peace.
Everyone can play the race to a full extent, the game should never limit the time you play, its about your limitations, if your limited then someone else has to win.
That's how it is, in races whoever finishes first wins, doesn't matter what happens or the effort they made, its all about who finishes first, if they play 24/7 all you have to do is play at double their efficiency and there you go. :P
Even though i understand your post that's just how races work.
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
Haderach99 wrote:
blabla

blah blah blah wahh wahh wahh I'm going to insult more people.

More insults calling people ignorant and saying you are better than other people. And continuing to make the connection between people playing PoE 24/7 and people on welfare.

You really need to get proper perspective.

But I doubt you will. Keep going with the jealousy, insulting, and innuendos, kid.

And for your information, people have played 8 hours a day and made top ten in the 2 week races. It's all about organization, efficiency and methodology and it doens't hurt to make friends to share high level maps with. But I imagine you have great difficulty with the last part so I can see why you give up before even trying.

Cheers
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
Last edited by Haderach99 on Dec 23, 2012, 10:05:22 AM
Come on guys, seriously. The race hasn't even started yet and this is already happening? This is a festive period and this race is meant to add an extra element of fun to it. Just calm down, play and have fun. At the end of the day, this is still a game and even though i'm sure we all appreciate this sneak preview of what the OB community will be like, let's stop it here ;)

Also, the beauty of HC is such that the amount of time you spend doesn't necessarily equate to a higher chance of winning. If you're not experienced enough in this game, more time spent playing = more dying. Also, the more you sacrifice sleep, the sleepier you become and the more careless you become in game and the higher the chances of a rare bear coming in to one hit-KO you. (it has happened before in past one/two-week races).

Even though this is meant to be a competitive race, let's keep it friendly and keep the insults away from the forums. It only ends up reflecting poorly on your own character, and no one likes to party up in game with a player with an attitude problem, so you're only going to heap misery on yourself.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:
Come on guys, seriously. The race hasn't even started yet and this is already happening? This is a festive period and this race is meant to add an extra element of fun to it. Just calm down, play and have fun. At the end of the day, this is still a game and even though i'm sure we all appreciate this sneak preview of what the OB community will be like, let's stop it here ;)

Also, the beauty of HC is such that the amount of time you spend doesn't necessarily equate to a higher chance of winning. If you're not experienced enough in this game, more time spent playing = more dying. Also, the more you sacrifice sleep, the sleepier you become and the more careless you become in game and the higher the chances of a rare bear coming in to one hit-KO you. (it has happened before in past one/two-week races).

Even though this is meant to be a competitive race, let's keep it friendly and keep the insults away from the forums. It only ends up reflecting poorly on your own character, and no one likes to party up in game with a player with an attitude problem, so you're only going to heap misery on yourself.

You are correct and I apologize to all for any disruption. I don't ever start the rants, but I respond to them too easily (sigh me for the "counter rages" in Dota, etc., but never raging out of the blue).

I think you have it right, though. People are misinformed about who wins these races and how.

The people who win are the ones who have the skill, knowledge, and organization (how to go about things and setting up groups, etc.). They'd place top ten without even playing close to 24/7. Now combine the above and add in the fact that they WILL have extra time, and there is no chance to beat them.

Most of the people who play close to 24/7 are going to be like me. I don't have that level of skill, knowledge and organization yet, so I try to make up for it by playing more than usual. It is more risk, because at some point I will risk losing concentration and either walk up to a room I should have been wary about, or not notice that I put myself in a bad situation and die before being able to react. Most people like me will die before the end.

Good luck all.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
Last edited by Haderach99 on Dec 23, 2012, 10:38:02 AM
I look at it this way. There will always be someone with more time than me. There will always be someone with more skill than me. And of course, there will always be people willing to cheat, unlike me. So whats that mean? Odds are I will never win a race and I'm cool with that. Since I am a competative person I tend to try and use races to try and better my gameplay and not worry about what others are doing. I mean hell, its a week long race. If you manage to finish in the top 50 or so you know you are pretty damn skilled and should be proud. The top 20 or so are reserved for thoes players with skill AND lots of spare time. Thats just the nature of the beast and complaining only stresses you out, it doesnt change anything.
Guess I'll give this a go as well, although I'd be surprised if I even make it to Merciless. I've only beat Vaal once in normal on default so far and I think I died like 5 times, hehe. I probably spent more time looking at the skill tree than playing the game so far since I got it though (which is not really a bad thing imo, just means the game is gonna last). But maybe this race will push me to finally try and beat all the difficulties.

Anyone wanna suggest a safe build for someone that's not been beyond Vaal in normal? All life-nodes Marauder with frost spell totems and minions just to be super safe? xD

Good luck all! And happy holidays as well!
I haven't even made it to level 50 in normal mode in three weeks :( I have no clue how I'd make it to 50 in HC in one week.
"
TommiHelm wrote:
Guess I'll give this a go as well, although I'd be surprised if I even make it to Merciless. I've only beat Vaal once in normal on default so far and I think I died like 5 times, hehe. I probably spent more time looking at the skill tree than playing the game so far since I got it though (which is not really a bad thing imo, just means the game is gonna last). But maybe this race will push me to finally try and beat all the difficulties.

Anyone wanna suggest a safe build for someone that's not been beyond Vaal in normal? All life-nodes Marauder with frost spell totems and minions just to be super safe? xD

Good luck all! And happy holidays as well!

Im far from good at this game, but making sure you have max cold res for Merveil and have max lightning res for Vaal + moving all the time seems to do the trick. At least I have had no issue with those bosses doing that. I never took any resistance or hp nodes. I usually look for rings at vendors, looking for 30% res rings and then chance/alchemy them to get other nice stuff on them too.
Last minute request: Could we have phase run removed/quicksilver flask added ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info