Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
peachii wrote:
As far as the "no lifer", non christian or hating your family comments. It is absolutely none of anyone's business what religion someone is in game or what they do with their time, absolutely NONE. A lot of people will be off of work, school etc for the holidays and maybe have no family to celebrate with or do not get along with the family they do have or live to far away from them to get to spend time with them. Throwing out stupid needless idiot comments about how someone chooses to spend their time is just pointless.

The way i look at it, this gives someone who would have otherwise spent the holiday week alone and with nothing to do, something to focus their energy on and someone to spend time with. Maybe just maybe instead of someone getting depressed all alone over the holidays and committing suicide this race/game saves someone's life this holiday season.

Thanks for the race from someone with no family and nothing to do for the holidays. I hope you keep the Holiday races going for just the reasons i stated above, I know i appreciate it.

Happy Holidays GGG.

So Much THIS!!!!!!
"
peachii wrote:
As far as the "no lifer", non christian or hating your family comments. It is absolutely none of anyone's business what religion someone is in game or what they do with their time, absolutely NONE. A lot of people will be off of work, school etc for the holidays and maybe have no family to celebrate with or do not get along with the family they do have or live to far away from them to get to spend time with them. Throwing out stupid needless idiot comments about how someone chooses to spend their time is just pointless.

The way i look at it, this gives someone who would have otherwise spent the holiday week alone and with nothing to do, something to focus their energy on and someone to spend time with. Maybe just maybe instead of someone getting depressed all alone over the holidays and committing suicide this race/game saves someone's life this holiday season.

Thanks for the race from someone with no family and nothing to do for the holidays. I hope you keep the Holiday races going for just the reasons i stated above, I know i appreciate it.

Happy Holidays GGG.

Well said.
I'm sorry, for not reading all the repleas between page 1 and 10.

But i think i just want to share a little bit of my mind.

I've progressed threw very drifferent rpg games, and i always noted one thing:

It feels good to be strong, and powerfull.

It feels like shit, when all challanges are gone, and you come to the point of asking yourself:

Why? why am i doing this still!?

So, as noted i've seen a lot of different game builds, some ment to be cheatfree, some ment to

control players feelings and emotions on gaming.

- yes gaming is like a drug, and it can be allright if you know how much you do, but it can get unhealty too. just like coffee, or alcohol.

And of course i don't want anyone to be blocked out of his fun time, even if it seems crazy how much he put his time into the game.

So, in my early days, i played "tibia". and out of all my friends i was allways the most healthy in that game, becouse i knew about the cheats.

Now, knowing about it gives the opportunity to use or use not.

But be sure, there will always be people cheating, and in other games, such as wow, or diablo 3 it was seperated to a complete buisness, getting thousends of dollars moved from players to companys.

Now one of the main reasons for this game to potentually the best game on market:

The developers know all this facts. and they are doing it different.

So i want to asume the following system:

Character haves a pool, of gameplaytime. it's filled end emtyed by - Does he gain exp.
- Does he gain items.
So, going for a race, you would focus on exp over items anyways.

But, if there was a character just grinding for items, it would consume his pool faster.

Making the character be able to gain a total of 8 hours of exp farming, and 6 hours of item collecting cap.

In the end, most of players wouldn't be affected, becouse the don'T play that long.
The players, that play so long, are forced to swap towards a twink, becouse just the time of 1 char is empty.
By doing so you have great potentiual to get your main going very well, While having a test dummy always, just to check how things can go with other build / item spec.

The character with empty pool should be still acessable: still able to walk around in town, organize stuff and so on,
BUT: be unable to gain exp or collect items once the pool is finished.
Until reset, wich can be for example every 24 hours.

This is in fact a lot of work, to programm all the rules and modifiers.

So i'm pretty sure it's not gonna be added to the game fast.

But for the long run, if there comes a noticable amount of botted economy influence,
If there are gonna be tons of acc's played 24/7 etc,
It is a possible way to limit that.

however i hope we all are going to exirience a great gaming time, with less of this problems, and more of fun! :)

Best regards, RFD.
Awesome race GGG

Happy holidays everyone!
Last edited by Fathervic on Dec 23, 2012, 6:47:34 AM
There is any group to play this race¿
Last edited by Zaerion on Dec 23, 2012, 7:30:03 AM
Perfect way to test my initial OB plans... thanks
I have always been a no-lifer in the regard of how much time I am at my computer rather than doing stuff with family and friends etc. I stayed up for 5 days at a LAN once, the only sleep I got was when I fell asleep on my keyboard but got woken up by someone 2 minutes later. This didnt hurt me anything, I just slept for a day and a half after the LAN :p Anyway, that must have been 17 years ago or so. Nowadays I cant stay up for more 2 days maybe, if I really push myself. When I do, its like being drunk and it only hurts my play. Playing hardcore when you're drunk is never a smart thing to do. Lately, I've noticed that when I get really sleepy from playing a lot, it's usually enough with 3-4 hours of sleep instead of the normal 6+, that way I can play a lot but still stay "sober".

The last 15 years or so that I have been working 8 hours every day, and unable to compete in any game because there are people out there that doesnt work, they only play, so they get 8 hours of playtime more than me. I have always felt that its been unfair to me that games doesnt limit it somehow so that everyone has a chance. In my opinion, everyone should be working and everyone who isnt is kind of cheating in life as they live off of other people or whatever and just slacks off doing nothing all day. Sometimes im thinking, fuck this, im going to quit my job and just leech off of the state or whatever so that I can play and show these guys that I can beat them in x game, but I always managed to stay away from doing that :P

Anyway, this was just a little rant, cause im tired of having no chance in stuff like this race. I know there will be people doing nothing but play cause they dont work, and its a bit annoying tbh. This race is possible though, as its holidays and I dont work, but thats going to be rare. I would love for at least a few races to have limits somehow, so that you cant play 24/7, you have to take x amount of hours break every day, but dont do it with every race perhaps, let the real no-lifers have some races too.
Personally I don't celebrate Christmas, and this is a great opportunity to spend the holidays nolifing <3
hehe i wouldn't even try beat me on europe, i am going to stay up the whole week, yes thats right 24/7 playing.
Cutthroat + HC, Be ready to get heartbroken !
This is so funny that people are so annoyed and so angry that they can't play as much as they'd want to and, therefore, think they have no chance at doing well in the race.

Well, boohoo. Life isn't fair. But these rants and raves demanding that PoE be changed so that it will accommodate their lifes' schedules are out of control. The one guy who backhanded insulted people who can play 24/7 only because they are on government welfare made it so obvious that he's an immature adult who is angry he can't have it his way. Jealous much at the people who have a schedule that allows them to play the game the way you'd want?

I myself have a very odd work schedule that involves both long local office hours (sometimes 16 hour days) and travel time, but also with time off. This work schedule, for example, will make me miss the first 2 weeks of Open Beta because I will be travelling, but then I'll have maybe 2 weeks off with tons of free time. Should I rant and rave and scream at GGG to change PoE because it doesn't fit my schedule? Should I insult the people who are free to play PoE during that period? I should if I want to be just like "those" people.

This week long race happens to be the first one since about JULY that I will be able to race. I'm happy about being able to participate in this one, but I'm never angry at the one's I can't play.

Spend time with your family or not. Work then play PoE when you can or not. But don't insult people who can play and don't be so angry everything in the world and in PoE doesn't exactly fit what you do.

Peace.

edit: p.s. Oh btw, you don't have to play 24/7 to place well. People in the past have done the 2 week race, played 8-10 hours a day max and placed in the top 10. It's all about methodology, organizaton and efficiency. So these people making excuses before even trying make me so sad. This week is a little different. The Holidays separate people into 2 major categories: (a) People who are busy travelling, visiting family far away, work still etc. (b) People with 100% free time because they are off work/school and can have minimal family time if they choose. So ya, this particular race will have an unusal number of near 24/7 (let's be real. no one will stay up for 7 days straight) people in it. Maybe 3-5 hours of sleep of night on average people.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
Last edited by Haderach99 on Dec 23, 2012, 9:12:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info