Dec 24: One-week HC Race

I've decided to not partake in the race and it has nothing to do with having a life or being religious.

It has to do with the fact that I never get very far in HC.

I don't think I've ever defeated Vaal w/o dying at least once.

That makes getting to level 50 impossible in a HC race.

I've died 10 times with my current level 39 CLAW Marauder. 5 of those to Vaal, 3 due to stupidity and 2 due to whirling blade de-syncs.

Really wish someone good at the game would do a claw marauder. You do start Ground Slam and switch to Dual Strike once you get 2 claws.

Anyways. Good luck to those of you who can play HC. I will watch Kripp's party tonight until about 2AM. Wonder if Cybrix will have died by then???
Might as well post here to see if anyone is interested in finding others to group with for this race? A bit short notice maybe but I would rather run it with two/three people than just do it solo.

If interested then just drop me a message here or in game (Korgath_CW)
Last edited by Korgath on Dec 23, 2012, 7:18:40 PM
two hours starting.,... im playing witch. should be fun
"
cakezsensei wrote:
Good luck to all in the Event and i hope to see you all in there! Also Merry X-Mas to all!!! (Or what ever you celebrate during your Holidays.)

And a Merry Christmas to you too.
"
SouthernStar wrote:
I've decided to not partake in the race and it has nothing to do with having a life or being religious.

I've died 10 times with my current level 39 CLAW Marauder. 5 of those to Vaal, 3 due to stupidity and 2 due to whirling blade de-syncs.

Really wish someone good at the game would do a claw marauder. You do start Ground Slam and switch to Dual Strike once you get 2 claws.

Really? I always manage to get my 1 handed/shield shadow with double strike and freezing pulse to level 50 on hardcore... you just have to play a lot safer than normal and hit Vaal with a few extra levels on you (well not if you are one of the demigod winning types but you get where I'm coming from).

might try a claw marauder and see how it goes in this race If I get some time.
IGN: Amel, Ameladol, Spock, ILoveUniqueThings, AmelPVP
"
SouthernStar wrote:

Anyways. Good luck to those of you who can play HC. I will watch Kripp's party tonight until about 2AM. Wonder if Cybrix will have died by then???

You'll always miss 100% if you never take a shot. Even if you dont make it to the end, its always a stepping stone and a learning experience. I've only been in races for the past few weeks and have learned a lot. I died 5 mins in on my first turbo race to rhoas. Next race, i made it to the coves before dying. Next race, I survived and made it to lvl 16. The most recent race, i made it to lvl 24.

Give your self a chance to fail, learn and succeed. If nothing else, the journey itself is fun.
Running isn't freedom. You should know that.
ighnaz - Thanks for the beta key!!!!
I HAVE NO MORE BETA KEYS!!
When will the registration open?
"
Enzomatica wrote:
When will the registration open?

usually 30min prior to the start.

If this is your first 1week race and you plan on getting top10...
Seriously, stay hydrated, take breaks and stretch out before/after each session.
These races are brutal, don't let your concentration slip up and die when you get to maps, stay fresh!
GL HF all!
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
Last edited by tamtsu on Dec 23, 2012, 8:29:20 PM
Good luck all! Going Templar Summoner and Plan to use auras of auras to help my group/minions.
I can't wait to see how this turns out!
The Sexiest of Peppers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info