Devourer nerf?

Is that the Devourer that has 'Far shot' ?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
It has far shot indeed, but hugging him doesnt help much.
IGN: vaiNe_
done like 10 maps so far with no problems, died 5 times in a row against Orchard boss, I wasn't even able to damage him :/
Good god, this Tunneltrap is ridiculous.

Run away, I get 1-shotted by it.
Stay close, I get 1-shotted by it.
Circling around, I get 1-shotted by it.

How the hell does anyone kill this boss anyway?

Gonna stay away from Orchard from now on.
I face tank it. Pop a jade and a granite than smash him like a game of whack a mole.
If you are solo and face tank it, they don't tend to burrow. Their initial attack after burrowing is the problem and it is deadly in group play to the point where we simply skip the maps inhabited by them now because its not worth the risk of getting one shot by an invisible attack from off screen. This is not limited to Tunneltrap, as Island maps populated by Devourers, especially rare ones are far far more deadly than Tunneltrap.
Last edited by grunternz on Nov 16, 2013, 4:02:56 AM
Nemesis level 72 Marauder 4k life 6k armor charge up just get 1 shot... gear was arround 8ex quiet the game now for some month hope it will fixed anytime
Just did this boss for the first time. Took three tries. All you do is get him to pop then wait for the first ranged volley. You dodge it, run up and blast him for about a second, then bounce again.

I'm running CI with about 3500 ES, if you're getting one shot there is something wrong. He can probably two shot me, but I can tank one while dpsing him then run away waiting for me ES to recharge.

After two or three dances he dies.
It seems the deburrow damage area has a dead zone close to the devourers, like shock nova. The strategy I employ is to immediatelly stop moving away and go toward them, when the pack pops up and proceed to facetank them (apply enfeeble, pop granite).

Running around in circles and allowing them to burrow/deburrow, will get you killed.

Anyway, this boss is extremely hard for the map tier he is in.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 26, 2013, 6:47:46 AM
"
morbo wrote:
Running around in circles and allowing them to burrow/deburrow, will get you killed.

Yeah, permasurfaced D-s are much more manageable.

It seems 69 Shore has them as natural mobs tho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info