Devourer nerf?

Yeah right still fucking 1 shots me with 75 75 75 resist with 8k health what the fuck -.-

< Tunnel trap boss >

This chaos damage or what? I'm so confused.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 31, 2013, 12:01:55 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have no idea what's going on with devourers.

They need to fix the initial hit after a burrow - it shouldn't have unlimited range if it's a melee hit. Even if you run constantly with a 64% Quicksilver in a straight line; magic, rare and boss devourers can keep up with you and repeatedly hit with the initial attack after coming out of a burrow, despite being off screen at the time of the hit.
Last edited by grunternz on Nov 2, 2013, 1:15:39 AM
What map? I went to face him on orchard, while he hits hard, I didn't feel any worse than brutus in dungeon. The normal packs of them on a 73 maps were pushovers too. Just pissed I had to hunt them down as the map had like 40 of them which didn't pop up in my normal clear through of the map.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Last edited by Moosifer on Nov 2, 2013, 2:02:44 AM
first time i try this map using a lvl 65 sword and board roll 2 unique bosses meh why not
died instantly
go back with 84 max fire resist
get hit for 95% of my 2k life in 1 hit
how am i supposed to kill that boss
IGN: ggnecro
Get a gear :> 2k life is not quite enough for mapping imho.
If you don't farm to get at least 3~4k life, you're gonna die in maps.

I'm rebuilding a map pool from the start, so I've been doing many 66 - 67 maps those last days, and I have not seen a single devourer ( but Orchard's boss obv ) spawn, do they only come in higher level maps or what ? Oo
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 8, 2013, 6:03:44 PM
We ran a Strand today and I have to say, watching what those things did to us was pretty hilarious.

Pack of 6 basically followed us over the whole maps ending up emerging so perfectly that a friend of mine couldnt move anymore and was forced to log. I on the other hand felt save, standing in a corner. 3 seconds later they made it impossible for me to leave said corner.

The problem I have with them isnt the damage since their attack are pretty easy to avoid. Its that if you dont have access to high cold damage to freeze them its incredibly hard to controll them. They act way to good in a group and are way too organized which makes dealing with them in hard rolled maps (30% monster damage, frenzy charges, 100% added cold) pretty damn hard. I dont really get why but apparently I constantly walked over them and made them come out. The whole way from the maps boss area to the entrance. I honestly doubt that it was actually me activating them by now, that would simply have been way too unlucky.

Was kinda funny, yet scary but I sure as hell would instantly log if I saw them in a -max added elemental damage map because it has barely anything to do with proper gameplay. Unless youre block based they will always be a threat that seems nearly impossible to handle, especially when considering how prone the game is to desynch.
Last edited by nynyny on Nov 8, 2013, 7:59:04 PM
"
Moosifer wrote:
What map? I went to face him on orchard, while he hits hard, I didn't feel any worse than brutus in dungeon. The normal packs of them on a 73 maps were pushovers too. Just pissed I had to hunt them down as the map had like 40 of them which didn't pop up in my normal clear through of the map.

I'll have to disagree with you there.

I've been trying to level up my Scion into the 80s, and the one thing I've been noticing is that the Orchard boss does way more damage than Dungeon Brutus. I can tell the difference since all I've been doing are 66 maps, with plenty of Dungeons and the occasional Orchard. For added reference, I've done a phys reflect mod maps (no other damaging mod) for both Orchad and Dungeon, and I've left barely standing after fighting the Orchard Devourer (all 3 hp flasks used and most of my granite charges and end up with a 1/3 of my life or less) whereas Dungeon Brutus can barely get me under 2/3 of my life.

The difference is real for the boss. The normal devourers not so bad.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
I think the hitting you coming out of the ground from a half screen away thing is some sort ofglitch. It didn't happen to me the first few times I fought them, then, it did. WTF, was all I could think.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Yesterday i rolled a lvl67 thicket map, in the first corner like 10 rare devourers jumped on me, i left the place in 2 sec with like 200 hp from 5.1k 75% all res, and im lvl83 now.

GGG please stop racing with the difficulty, this is nonsense. You put in a boss that do 1k damage, i make a build with 2k hp, then you put in something that hits 2k i make a build that have 5k hp then you put a boss that hits up to 8k and so on...
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
feeling like they are too strong, did 66 map yesterday ( im lvl 90, 77allres, 5k hp) and i simply got 1shot while running in circles
IGN Keranka

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info