Chris_GGGs answers to Raptr Questions

"
Odoakar wrote:
I wish someone asked if we'll ever get Bandit quest respecs.

We know that we will but we don't know when.
I don't think it will be included in the Release Patch.

On the other hand it is so minor compared to all other announced features
that it maybe was just not worth mentioning for many.
"
Odoakar wrote:
I wish someone asked if we'll ever get Bandit quest respecs.

They did. He didn't answer that one.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
So Chris... once and for all: any news about desync? Seriously and honestly. I could even accept a "This is what desync is and always be like forever with no chance in hell of it to be improved:"

You do realize why people are so pissed about desync right? It's not because of itself but because is making a 9/10 game into a E.T. Atari 2600 one. Desync makes it totally and absolutely unplayable, and I'm not exaggerating. Loads of ppl are like "I can't play with this desync, call me when it's fixed." and yet you disrespect the people that paid, that contributed for YOU GGG to make this game by dodging the desync issue instead of giving a bloody sticky called "Desynk weekly update" but nope... no way. The game is ready, the microtransactions are flowing so why bother communicating. 36 minutes adn 24 seconds and not a single word on it.
What pisses me off beyond reckoning is this is not a piece of garbage like Diablo 3, if this happened in D3 I would be like "Eff it" but in this case it makes me steaming that I've never loved a game so much after D2LoD and the fact that is (let's face it) getting ruined by desync just makes my brain fall into a black hole.
To give you just a quick example I have a Duelist with Cyclone and an immense life gain on hit, so much that I'm unkillable unless 1shotted... or desynced. Anything it takes to nullify my whole work of items/spec/skills/gameplay is nothin else that desync. Honestly, if there wasn't desync I realy can't see how I could die with it.

Anyway, in the vain hope of any kind of reply (even a "go F yourself" would be something) I salute you sir.
I am Drakunia... and you are not! And I am also GFL (Gamer For Life)
"
Kiri2k wrote:
"
Chris_GGG wrote:

Yes, high level characters will be able to level up in any end-game content. You can farm docks to 100 if you want. This won't be any faster than it currently is (may be slower than the top tier of maps), but it's our goal to not *require* that you engage in the top tier of maps to be able to hit 100.

Can someone translate the mean of this post? What is gonna change if it won't be any faster than its now? -_- And maps will be always the faster way to get xp? (I'm actually greatly pissed off after reading the no changes to end game xp and mf issue so maybe im blind because the rage)

My guess is that area levels are going to be restructured. That is, with act 3x you will be completing normal at a higher level than you will currently. Same for cruel and merciless, this stretches out leveling more fully over non-map content. In short, merci docks will have a much higher area level and give more exp than it current does, but you will still need the same amount of exp to get to 100. Which should take roughly the same amount of time if you are running maps that are of equal area level to the new Act 3 levels.
IGN EntropicThunder
"
Kiri2k wrote:
"
Chris_GGG wrote:

Yes, high level characters will be able to level up in any end-game content. You can farm docks to 100 if you want. This won't be any faster than it currently is (may be slower than the top tier of maps), but it's our goal to not *require* that you engage in the top tier of maps to be able to hit 100.

Can someone translate the mean of this post? What is gonna change if it won't be any faster than its now? -_- And maps will be always the faster way to get xp? (I'm actually greatly pissed off after reading the no changes to end game xp and mf issue so maybe im blind because the rage)

I can clear this up.

Currently, the only way to earn measurable experience at all is in the highest level maps. The problem with that is, very very few players can keep playing high level maps one after another after another. This is artificially inflating the amount of time it normally would take to level up at all.

He's addressing the fact that you have to sustain a pool of maps designed by nature to not be permanently sustainable in order to progress in level. That's what he's talking about fixing.
I just want a way to get rid of the extra baby rhoas and organize my mtx tab.

I do not need to keep the entire brood of naked birds in there.
Last edited by therestless on Oct 10, 2013, 4:07:48 PM
"
Ishiga25 wrote:
"
Kiri2k wrote:
"
Chris_GGG wrote:

I can clear this up.

Currently, the only way to earn measurable experience at all is in the highest level maps. The problem with that is, very very few players can keep playing high level maps one after another after another. This is artificially inflating the amount of time it normally would take to level up at all.

He's addressing the fact that you have to sustain a pool of maps designed by nature to not be permanently sustainable in order to progress in level. That's what he's talking about fixing.

I´m happy Chris realized that, now my hope for higher levels increased. We surely need + 70 lvl stages. So the maps inflation could stop.
IGN: Fenix_de_fogo_e_gelo, Periguetescion, Ravvengar or Powerangger
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/379503

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info