Chris_GGGs answers to Raptr Questions

so disappointed...

IIR/IIQ - measly tweak not touching the core of the bullshit

bullshit uniques - economy-driven no-change

no SFL - economy driven no-change

Scion.. without middle-links. so why the fuck would anyone play anything but Scion? why gimp yourself? this is a huge nerf to CI (unless they put VP on the witch side) but.. who cares, just make a scion. it will be a fun sight - 30 blondes in town, just like beach-volleyball tournament

desync.. - no comment.. joke

it looks like a wall of excuses sadly
"
sidtherat wrote:
so disappointed...

Scion.. without middle-links. so why the fuck would anyone play anything but Scion? why gimp yourself? this is a huge nerf to CI (unless they put VP on the witch side) but.. who cares, just make a scion. it will be a fun sight - 30 blondes in town, just like beach-volleyball tournament

Looking at your post history, it seems that you don't like anything we do :(
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
i like this game and its immense potential. it is addictive and from time to time very rewarding

but i dont like avoiding issues and you are RECENTLY very good at this

desync, bullshit uniques/builds and economy-driven game - these things you AVOID for long long time

and what had started as an impressive game/concept where playing is importantnt and fun is now just as reliant on trading as d3. d3 that - to remind us all - just decided to drop that trading 'core'

i love your skill gem-system, i VERY much like your art-style/lore, i like that MT system (even tho stash tabs are pretty much necessary to play comfortably). i like map system i very much like the music. combat pace is also pretty fun (when geared) and extremely addictive

but i do not like 'economy is the most important part of this game' (sadly it is your quote)

i dislike that you take AGES to balance some obviously broken stuff - like kaoms or sporkers. and even if you do acknowledge these are 'not ok' they.. stay the same way! new leagues are fun and all but they FORCE players to trade because drops are tuned that way. ive tried that trading shit and dont find it fun, immersing and 'rush adrenaline creating'. it is simply scamming game.

and desync.. this is strategic issue that you are also unable to tackle. and if no perfect solution is available you refuse to include band-aids. just like in real life - band-aids save life and there is nothing bad in using them. im pretty sure that adding auto-resync would not kill your servers but made melee at least possible to play (without overgearing content - melee is very easy with kaoms and soul taker as you simply cant die.. try that playing with so-so gear and visit catacombs - narrow corridors+doors==desync)

oh: one recent gem that i HATE - legacy uniques.. this is really bad decision
Last edited by sidtherat on Oct 10, 2013, 1:34:42 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:

i dislike that you take AGES to balance some obviously broken stuff - like kaoms or sporkers.

Neither are broken.
- Sporkers become truly powerful once low life with Shav's. Tons of builds are that way. Introduce low life with Shav's to the mix and they go from normal to HULK SMASH mode.

- While you may think Kaom's is broken, it's not. Kaom's can only be used by a handful of builds in the first place, and even then it creates problems. No chest stats and forced into a 2H weapon means the rest of your gear is going to have to be damn near perfect or that extra health isn't going to help anyways.
Man_Mode
Theres always something to complain about, I can and do with plenty on this game.

But overall I am very happy with it and the devs. They show some much effort in putting out new and awesome content and they do it without requiring anyone to spend money.

I really can't ask for more than this.
Standard Forever
Thanks for the summary! Lots of good info in there
"
sidtherat wrote:
i do not like 'economy is the most important part of this game'

This quote, and the steadfast adherence to it, is the root of pretty much every issue I have with PoE. It's a great game that holds itself back in several ways due to trying to maintain that idea.
"
Thaelyn wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
i do not like 'economy is the most important part of this game'

This quote, and the steadfast adherence to it, is the root of pretty much every issue I have with PoE. It's a great game that holds itself back in several ways due to trying to maintain that idea.

I agree. Gameplay should always trump economy. Always.

Anyway thanks for all your answers Chris. Information about PoE is always welcome :-)
"
Chris wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
so disappointed...

Looking at your post history, it seems that you don't like anything we do :(

@Chris you know what is the fun part of his post, that despite saying that he will still play POE like a maniac :D. ^^ Trust me ! ;D

For example: People, that are married Also argue at time to time, they always find something to discuss about, this is the same situation and you should know that @Chris :). If they wouldn't be so in love, they would never argue, cause when you argue you show feelings that you care for other person and you want to improve some things on your side and demand sme form the person you love ;D. That Shoudl indicate to you that @sidtherat, loves POE in some part of his heart !
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Oct 10, 2013, 2:53:24 AM
""
Chris_GGG wrote:
We're trying to make sure that IIR isn't so overpowering that it becomes mandatory from an economic sense. There are changes to its diminishing returns to accomplish this. As an experiment, the new challenge leagues do not have IIQ as a magic/rare item property. The IIQ support gem is also disabled in these leagues. This is partly to see how MF builds will adapt to using pure IIR, but also because we're trying hard to reduce item spam in end-game situations. We're also probably changing the party per-player bonus to be less quantity, more rarity. These changes could easily change again in the future - we see the ongoing balance as a big experiment which will hopefully improve the whole MF system.

Yes, high level characters will be able to level up in any end-game content. You can farm docks to 100 if you want. This won't be any faster than it currently is (may be slower than the top tier of maps), but it's our goal to not *require* that you engage in the top tier of maps to be able to hit 100.

Map mods are currently being re-evaluated for release but changes to them may occur in ongoing content patches shortly after if we don't have time to test them fully by release itself. We do want to add more mods (perhaps Nemesis ones? :-)) to both add more variety to maps but also to replace some of the potentially problematic ones that we have currently (the Maze one didn't have the result we wanted).
"

Holy fcking shit, I may actually want to try the new temporary leagues due to this. Very interested to also seeing the exact formula of the adjusted "diminishing returns".
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info