Chris_GGGs answers to Raptr Questions

"
They either need to play Scions or to go around the long way. In order to not have this create millions of Scions, we're moving some passives around so that they're not necessarily on the wrong sides of the tree from each other.

BAH.

What next? An 8th class which starts on Top of EldrichtBattery and CI with epic nodes when CI+EB is enabled so other classes can't reach.

Now we have only an outer Highwaysystem with clusters.
That's just bad.
I'll be honest, I am judging the entire release of this game just based on how magic find was going to be handled. Yes, it is that make or break for me.

While the initial information is extremely disappointing, I am going to give it a whirl to see how it all plays out.

For me, handling magic find poorly overshadows every single bit of content they have for release. Again, ARPG's are loot grinding games, loot is the single most important aspect of any ARPG.

So yes, for me, how IIR is handled is going to have 100% of the say on whether or not I stick around, everything else the game offers is insignificant to me.

If it turns out better overall, I will be extremely happy. I won't make that judgement until I dive into the nitty gritty post release in the new leagues.
Last edited by GolbezFF4 on Oct 10, 2013, 7:32:18 AM
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
They either need to play Scions or to go around the long way. In order to not have this create millions of Scions, we're moving some passives around so that they're not necessarily on the wrong sides of the tree from each other.

BAH.

What next? An 8th class which starts on Top of EldrichtBattery and CI with epic nodes when CI+EB is enabled so other classes can't reach.

Now we have only an outer Highwaysystem with clusters.
That's just bad.

Honestly, they should give people option to keep legacy skill tree. Just like we can divine an item to get stats from "adjusted version", we can use full reset if we want to switch to the new tree. However, everyone else should be allowed to use legacy skill tree, just like we are allowed to use legacy items.

Of course, per definiton, the new leagues won't have access to neither legacy items nor legacy skill tree.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Oct 10, 2013, 7:35:30 AM
Q: after beating the game the first time in normal is there a way to create some cruel and merciless with some variation so that the 2nd and 3rd time of gameplaying are less boring ????

will there be maps that are higher than 77-80 :)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on Oct 10, 2013, 7:40:24 AM
"
Chris_GGG wrote:

Yes, high level characters will be able to level up in any end-game content. You can farm docks to 100 if you want. This won't be any faster than it currently is (may be slower than the top tier of maps), but it's our goal to not *require* that you engage in the top tier of maps to be able to hit 100.

Can someone translate the mean of this post? What is gonna change if it won't be any faster than its now? -_- And maps will be always the faster way to get xp? (I'm actually greatly pissed off after reading the no changes to end game xp and mf issue so maybe im blind because the rage)
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Last edited by Kiri2k on Oct 10, 2013, 10:15:41 AM
I understand that ther IS gona be a better way to exp after lunaris 3 for non-mappers grinders.
But , this won't be more effective xp wise than chaining the macimum allowed map level 77.
So they can set it to maybe 75 (now the cap for xp it's 68 maybe they're gona raise it to 75) wich would be cheaper , less equipment-driven more xp focused than mapping 75 - 76 - 77 maps.
I hope for something like this at least.

The better of all imo would be to have a 4th difficulty , all the acts same level, everything level 76, more difficult ofc but i can farm wherever i want inside the 3 acts.
I'm incredibly disappointed.

The MF issue isn't taken seriously at all and increasing the diminishing return effects doesn't attack the core problem (shitty design) of MF as an item stat at all.

Secondly people have been complaining about the HUGE difference of solo vs. party since CB,... but honestly I don't feel this issue has been approached at all. It's just talk about making solo / party equal with a slight edge to party.. but in reality nothing is happening.

Very sad.
Last edited by Asphael on Oct 10, 2013, 10:32:57 AM
"
Honestly, they should give people option to keep legacy skill tree. Just like we can divine an item to get stats from "adjusted version", we can use full reset if we want to switch to the new tree. However, everyone else should be allowed to use legacy skill tree, just like we are allowed to use legacy items.

Of course, per definiton, the new leagues won't have access to neither legacy items nor legacy skill tree.

They should finally put more effort into User Code Leagues.
Quarl and Neonspyder did so many horrible changes since OB, several were made out of a MMO perspective which greatly harmed the game.

I read somewhere above me that the player was going to give 1.0.0 a whirl and then make judgement. I am going to do the same thing.

While I am disappointed in Chris' stand against SFL (which eliminates RMT, which makes one wonder) I am excited for Scion, new gems, and balance changes. He dodged a few questions (he may not quite have the answers yet), answered some, and trolled a few (fishing anyone). I think he did the best he could and in 2 weeks we will be able to make our judgments.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
I wish someone asked if we'll ever get Bandit quest respecs.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info