0.9.11 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race

Your internet doesn't even need to go down, you could just constantly get desyncs. The amount of desyncing I experienced in the race was staggering. I only played on the first day and yesterday, desyncs almost killed me maybe a dozen to two dozen times, and it finally did kill me in the waterfall cave in ruthless. I dunno, I've died a few times to desyncs, my memory may be dodgy, but I don't seem to recall so many desyncs when I started playing the game (0.9.8).
Almost died to lag twice in about 10 minutes. I guess everyone is on and stressing the servers. Time to put my HC Ranger to bed and play some SC.

GN and GL to all playing tonight.

sorry to hear you died again boom :(

While were on deaths, RIP QuavisHCRacer, level 63 ranger. Died to rock + insta lazer of merci vaal :(

GL to all those still continuing this race! The top 10 is going to be something like 75+ which is crazy. You all rock!
Quavis, nooooooooooooooo!
Rip buddy :(
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
"
boomjoose wrote:
And the your internet goes down for a few and they get no data because you died while not even there and wasted your time.

Hardcore is about journey, seeing how far you can get this time and having an extra thrill while playing because you have only one life. If you got a mindset that on death you were just wasting your time, you should go back to default.
#81 Aug-19-2012HCLadderRushSolo.
#13 Aug-26-2012HCLadderRushSolo.
"
Kemichal wrote:
I have developed a small race tracker and I would be grateful if a few of you could help beta test it during this race.
It polls my server every 15 seconds and alerts you if you have gained/lost rank either globally or within your class. It's a great little app to have on a secondary monitor to track your progress.

Any suggestions for features, bug reports etc can be PMed to me on these forums.

To use it just enter the link below and edit out my charname for your own.
http://home.kemichal.com/poe/index.php?a=KemRacer

Also, kudos to Psyk for his efforts!

Thanks for this... it's sad to watch me gain like 10 spots without playing...
Signed: Geldric, scribe of Oriath
"
altarr wrote:
"
boomjoose wrote:
And the your internet goes down for a few and they get no data because you died while not even there and wasted your time.

Hardcore is about journey, seeing how far you can get this time and having an extra thrill while playing because you have only one life. If you got a mindset that on death you were just wasting your time, you should go back to default.

You are partly right. It is about the journey and I love the risk of death and that is why I don't play default. I'm saying given current desync problems and the fact that if your internet goes down and you saveexit you still die, it would be a better journey in a race setting if that didnt mean the journey ended due to factors outside the game. They want to see balance and build data right? How is it beneficial then if 50 high end characters dont do endgame cause they get wiped from non balance related issues?
"
Kemichal wrote:
I have developed a small race tracker

Would be awesome to know some stats
1. total numbers of how many accounts started a character over the period
2. Interesting to see how many characters in each class played
3. How many survived until the race ends.

Been really fun to play with a clean stash, this community is awesome the way it has pulled together to help those needing something. Not just trading but giving other players gear just because they needed it, great job guys - awesome to see.

Good luck to those racing to the top - hang in there you are on the home stretch now!
What happens to your stash when HC event is over?
"
"
Kemichal wrote:
I have developed a small race tracker

Would be awesome to know some stats
1. total numbers of how many accounts started a character over the period
2. Interesting to see how many characters in each class played
3. How many survived until the race ends.

I started making this tracker about 24 hours before the race started so I only had time to make the essentials. After this race is over I'll implement a lot of new features.
Stuff I have in mind is:
*Character death notifications
*Notification informs you if you gain rank because exp increase or char death.
*How many ranks you did gain/lost last time you ranked up/down
*Maybe a way to log in and see what have happened since you was online last time.
*Make the app look better

As I have said before, if you guys have some ideas just PM those to me. When I feel the app is a bit better I'll make an official thread for it.

For those that have missed it.
"
Kemichal wrote:
To use it just enter the link below and edit out my charname for your own.
http://home.kemichal.com/poe/index.php?a=KemRacer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info