0.9.11 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race

"
Metronomy wrote:
I like that there is lots of deaths, hopefully Vaal is hard enough to be feared or else he just ends up being a joke =P. He uses shocks which got buffed in a recent patch, but I like it this way

DDTiV... maybe it just wasnt meant to be? I guess you need some fine tuning in preparation for the next longer term race =P

Haha, yeah I just got another guy to level 66, died to a pack of Rhoas on a zone in.

Im coming back better and stronger =P
"
MrDDT wrote:
Im coming back better and stronger =P

Just a heads up, you might be insane :P
RIP Jondaarrrr

Made it to 52 which isn't too bad considering I hadn't played past cruel before. Just was not prepared for the amount of damage that can spike you.
The races are great fun, maybe I'll really compete in the next long one. I've reached level 50 (Witch, Ice) and level 40 (Marauder, Cleave) this time - no reason to go for the top because I only have time until this day.

My witch partied with D-Molisher of Clan DA most of the time. We used a rather unusual strategy, relying heavily on totems. Sadly his templar (level 49) was torn into pieces by one of these shaggies shortly before the ruthless pyramid - maybe it was simply too late for HC (around 3 am). But we had a lot of fun on the way.

Good luck to you all - may the toughest one win.
Adventure is a sign of incompetence (Vilhjalmur Stefansson).
"
Septile wrote:
I don't know if it's oversoul to be honest, I had no problems with him at all.

I know DDTiii didn't die to oversoul. But Vaal did take a lot of high levels down. It depends on what build you are. Any character that has a ranged attack should fair well vs Vaal. especialy with decoys or summos.

Melee is a lot harder. Pure tanks will take his hits. But anything less than a full tank will fear its boomstick
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Hardcore to the bone.
I was a mostly tank marauder, his slam dunk didn't do more than a quarter of my HP on ruthless when I did him at level 48.

I never got to do him on merciless because I died before that unfortunately, but I'm sure I would have fared just as well against him. Enfeeble helps a TON.

Not sure why but this race seems a shit ton harder than the 2 week race was, I've been ripping all over the damn place.

Number one issue is that I can never seem to find the resists I need, let alone cap all 3 of them at once so I don't constantly have to swap gear.

Ruthless Brutus - rip 1
Cruel exploding spawn - rip 2
Normal Kraitlyn + exploding arrow - rip 3
Cruel Kuduku + faster attack rare - rip 4

There may have been more but I'm to tired to care and I would wager you get the point. I do recall speed rhoa rape in there somewhere but I don't remember which difficulty.

Just not my time to shine. That said I am taking a break from the game for awhile waiting for the next build, been logging way to many hours lately.

GL to those still alive.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Aug 31, 2012, 10:31:08 AM
RIP again to me, good times. Died again fire resist at 22%, noob styles :D

I ran a Templar with the Searing Touch and done some mad DPS, over confident no doubt.

I think it's my best named character yet - SupportFire

See Gear:

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
This is one of the first events where I notice that you don't get a reward for the top players per class.

This has had its effect. There are only 2 shadows in the top 60. I'm the #3 shadow alive and I don't even make it in the top 60. I bet there would be more shadows if they would have had a class specific reward.

"
duolc wrote:
RIP again to me, good times. Died again fire resist at 22%, noob styles :D

Rip Doulc,

if you want to start over again I might sponsor you some starting gear. Just hit me up with a pm
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Hardcore to the bone.
Last edited by Hellskin on Aug 31, 2012, 11:03:11 AM
This is a bit late since I've spent the last couple days softly weeping in a corner but RIP Jid @ 66. I was slightly proud for never alt+f4'ing but in retrospect wish I would've done that. Died to bloody spiders, my poor glass cannon.

I have no idea how some of you have the courage to reroll, especially after getting a character high lvl, but respect to you guys.
IGN: Jid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info