0.9.11 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race

"
Hilbert wrote:

"
When I was the 4th 99 in the world(USEast) in the first Diablo 2 ladder reset, I played 40 hours straight, and something like 110 hours in that first week.

We all know real D2 play died with patch 1.10.
Let me guess itemshopped hammerdin that was botting after you reached level 80?

That was the begin of ladder seasons, I'm talking sbout the first reset, when the ladder went from 50 people to 1000 just after LOD was released and you could reach 99. I think that was 1.08?

In that reset there was no botting. As to how I did it, it called being 19 and in shape. I could never do it now.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
And OverSoal claims another victim. Sadly "SouthAfrica" Perished at the ripe old age of 50.

He was a kind soul, a little overweight with 1300Hp and a 400 Es Layer of fat around the waist. All his resistances were maxed so his heart should not have failed, But alas it seems Templar is just not meant to reign supreme.

Note to Self: Follow your own advise and rest when you are tired!

PS! No it was not lag or desync or what ever other excuse people love to use. It was sadly my fault and no one else's.

My Passive Tree at time of death.

Equipment:
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
I'm BACK :)
Last edited by Coldet on Aug 28, 2012, 6:54:01 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Looks like I missed quite the eventful day... So many 50+ deaths :(

Neon and Metro, don't think your off the hook so easily! It is too early to not be restarting, particularly with as fast as you both are! I should be on in a few more hours to harass you until you restart! :)

Psyk: Keep it up. I wish I could still pull off a 24 hour marathon session so mad props for getting it done. Even more so for doing it in HC and not dieing to mental lapse from being tired. Despite how much people are crying, you made a fantastic carrot for all of us to chase :)

Hilbert: Considering you are 52 and I know how many hours I've put in to get to 47 (and I'm not a slow racer), I'd warn you about rocks and glass houses...

As mentioned previously, tactics play just as much of a roll in races as anything else. Sure you could play the entire content of the game back to back repetitively the whole way skipping nothing, but that is not how races work.

To everyone still going: Keep it up! Its been a blast so far. Don't be discouraged at being behind, its a long race and you have plenty of time.
"
Vondum wrote:

Hilbert: Considering you are 52 and I know how many hours I've put in to get to 47 (and I'm not a slow racer), I'd warn you about rocks and glass houses...

Haha. Thanks for pointing that out, as I had no idea that the poor guy encumbered by real life was actually ahead of me in the ladder, not to mention time played.
Sigh...kinda didn't pay attention with my frost witch in cruel coves and got stuck on tar while 5 or so magic and very cold resistant tar zombies kept pummeling the little girl to an early grave.

RIP Alros_II

Alros_III enters the competition!

Psyk: just don't listen to the haters...pulling an allnighter in such an unforgiving format is quite the feat. I don't think I could pull that off without dying. Good job! :D
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
Morsexier wrote:

That was the begin of ladder seasons, I'm talking sbout the first reset, when the ladder went from 50 people to 1000 just after LOD was released and you could reach 99. I think that was 1.08?

In that reset there was no botting. As to how I did it, it called being 19 and in shape. I could never do it now.

Nice lies.
But D2 had over 100.000 players(~300-400k) before and after LoD Release.
Also if you played after LoD release you should know that you just could convert your classic character. That's why there are Pre-Lod items and SoJ was a currency to trade LoD items.
Reaching level 99 before 1.10 was a piece of cake, you could compare it to reach level 92 after 1.10.
You just cowed many times.

And even that time there were bots but mainly meph and pindlebots. That's why you got something called realm down after 1.09c and blizzard also banned players.

"

Partyplay dude. Our party is in the Top 20 and alive, also we take breaks and somebody gets the Waypoints.
For example I did most of the cruel/ruthless work while the others weren't there then I gave them the WP and while I was working one player was going to Vaal and once I came back we killed Vaal on Ruthless.

With killing you need ~5h for normal and 3h for other difficulties.
We did normal the first day and cruel and ruthless the second day.

Actually I wondered that I gained 1 position after I was away for such a long time.

Also our strategy allows it to kill huge mobs in a short time.

And iirc you were in front of me the first and most of the second day but you were either slowing down or doing some runs to get better equipment.
Once we hit Ruthless and played through we got to Page 2 and once we hit Merciless we got to Page 1 even there were like ~7 rips at Vaal or in maps.
Our builds simple started to work at Cruel Act2.

"
As mentioned previously, tactics play just as much of a roll in races as anything else. Sure you could play the entire content of the game back to back repetitively the whole way skipping nothing, but that is not how races work.

Oh yeah? I didn't know you were allowed to make shortcuts in racing sport......

"
Haha. Thanks for pointing that out, as I had no idea that the poor guy encumbered by real life was actually ahead of me in the ladder, not to mention time played.

Ok then tell the devs to create a 1 week race with restricted gametime and without skipping quests.
When the time is up you may reach the next wp but once you leave game or go town you can't use you character

How about a 2 week Ladder with 3h gameplay each day.
That's 42h total.
You will see that comeplete strangers will be on top of the ladder because fast rushing is not allowed.

"
And OverSoal claims another victim. Sadly "SouthAfrica" Perished at the ripe old age of 50.

Could it be that this was your second character already.
I remember somebody named AngryAfrican being on the Top10 the first day? But when I got back he was dead already.

come to the conclusion after 3 chars have died. im shit.
I have developed a small race tracker and I would be grateful if a few of you could help beta test it during this race.
It polls my server every 15 seconds and alerts you if you have gained/lost rank either globally or within your class. It's a great little app to have on a secondary monitor to track your progress.

Any suggestions for features, bug reports etc can be PMed to me on these forums.

To use it just enter the link below and edit out my charname for your own.
http://home.kemichal.com/poe/index.php?a=KemRacer

Also, kudos to Psyk for his efforts!
Nice idea but how about greying dead characters.

Today 5-7 of the Top 10 died either Vaal or a MapBoss killed them.
DDTi RIPed on Vaal @ level 60. (2300HP, 60% DR and died in 1 hit to meele attack) Bad mistake by me to get to close to melee range.

I can say Psyk AKA Fayded is 100% 1 person, Ive been on skype/mumble with him most of the time but the time I went to work and was sleeping.

DDTiii is coming soon, I should be in the top 10 tomorrow.

To the scrub that is crying about someone playing X amount of hours or what not. If you dont like the race rules dont play it, they have 1 hour races, 3 hours races, weekend races, 1 week races, 2 week races etc. Pick one and be good at it.

Looks like Psyk is good at 1 week races to me.

Thanks Psyk for all the help in game, I know you not only helped me a lot but other players.

@ the guy crying about only "duelists and marauders in top spots"
Odd because, Ive seen a Witches at 60+, Rangers 60+, Duelist 60+, Marauder 60+

Just missing the Shadow, and Templar by my count. All those Templar is in the top 10 right now. All those others I named were in the #2 spot. (Psyk held the lead the whole time so cant really push him out)
Stop trying to troll. I'm not going to say other classes cant be more balanced but saying those are the only classes that can do this is stupid. Heck if you just play normal and dont die you likely to be in the top 10.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info