Now that the diamond supporters have made a nice 1 handed axe....

"
Merowyn wrote:
"
Barry wrote:
Yes please make best in slot uniques for every character.

Who'd have thought that people donating thousands of dollars would be such a detriment to the game in the long run?

...? There are very very few BiS uniques, except for very specific builds. Shavs is only useful for Low Life CI, koams' good for the people who can get away with only running a 4L, or that run 2h. I personally can't run koams' on my main because I need at least a 5L unless I end up running bringer, which then I can't use armor either which would be a big detriment to me because I need the stats from the armor. Lioneye is argueably the closest to straight out BiS because any bow character can use it and do well, besides maybe a couple builds.

All the uniques for the most part are BiS for very specific builds. They're build enablers like GGG has said they wanted them to be.

Lioneye's Glare and now Soul Taker. The fact that these items exist in this game is a sign of things to come.
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
IGN: danknugsblazedopeswag
"
koticgood wrote:
Spoiler
"
Merowyn wrote:
"
Barry wrote:
Yes please make best in slot uniques for every character.

Who'd have thought that people donating thousands of dollars would be such a detriment to the game in the long run?

...? There are very very few BiS uniques, except for very specific builds. Shavs is only useful for Low Life CI, koams' good for the people who can get away with only running a 4L, or that run 2h. I personally can't run koams' on my main because I need at least a 5L unless I end up running bringer, which then I can't use armor either which would be a big detriment to me because I need the stats from the armor. Lioneye is argueably the closest to straight out BiS because any bow character can use it and do well, besides maybe a couple builds.

All the uniques for the most part are BiS for very specific builds. They're build enablers like GGG has said they wanted them to be.

You seem to be a bit confused as to what "build enabler" means.

To say that Kaom's and Shavronne's are "build enablers" when they are best-in-slot items for a plethora of builds is completely ridiculous. You can argue that Shavronne's is a "build enabler" because it wasn't really feasible to run ES-low life before that, but even then the argument is thin. The argument simply doesn't exist for Kaom's. And the new belt is even more egregious.

But saying something is BiS is saying that simply there is no reason to run any other item, which isn't true. I don't have a single character that would run kaom's or shav or the new belt. So...none of those are BiS. For specific builds yes, but are there better items? Yes. If there wasn't, then -literally- everyone would want to run at least one on -everyone- of their characters.
"
Merowyn wrote:
But saying something is BiS is saying that simply there is no reason to run any other item, which isn't true. I don't have a single character that would run kaom's or shav or the new belt. So...none of those are BiS. For specific builds yes, but are there better items? Yes. If there wasn't, then -literally- everyone would want to run at least one on -everyone- of their characters.

Before this turns into us all just flinging our shit at each other, it's obvious that we have different opinions on what "best in slot" means.

A unique axe should not have 350 physical dps. A unique bow should not have 350 physical dps. The items do not have drawbacks, they are not build-enabling, they are just plain better than 99.999% of rares that could do the exact same thing.

As far as Kaom's goes, sure you could call it build enabling. If you consider "life" to be a build in and of itself. With the drop rates on these items taken into consideration, these are build-disabling uniques.

There is so much bad design surrounding the uniques in this game, it is terrifying when a patch comes out and I read "4 more diamond supporter uniques added to the game".
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
Can someone post the new axe?
"
Merowyn wrote:

Personally, I think Kaom's Heart and the new Chain Belt are the only two items that go completely against GGG's philosophy. You are extremely confused about what "build-enabler" means, though. To enable a build is just that, to make a build viable that wasn't before. Kaom's and the new Chain Belt are simply the best item in the game for many builds. Just because you can't use Kaoms in YOUR builds doesn't make it not the best for many other builds. I don't really know what to tell you if you think their philosophy is simply that an item shouldn't be the best item in the game for literally every single build that exists ...
ign: aan_allein_daishan
"
Route1 wrote:

"
Qarl wrote:
"
Zotta wrote:
"
halfdead2 wrote:
imo we need a dev clarification on the "melee hits cant fail based on cost" thing.

Or somebody who has some common sense to test it out and clarify how it works, i'd also imagine the person who designed it knows how it works. To me it sounds like if you lack mana for casting a melee skill, it will succeed regardless.

Precicely this, you will still cast skills with it, even if you fail to meet the cost. (It will still use mana if it can)
"
square0 wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:

So glad I sold off my physical cleaver a few days back, the value of the weapons I was using just got shot to pieces. Feel bad for the guy that payed 25 ex for my sword.
I also remember when GGG said it would take a very long time to reach lvl 100 but it's been done. In cb I think the highest level anyone got was 86. Now people are reaching that level in a week. With that being said, yes the new unique are better than the ones in cb but at the the same time the game has changed, and items need to reflect it.

If you want to blame someone for the uniques, blame GGG for changing the fundamentals of the game and not the supporters.

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit - The Tick
dat axe....
"
Route1 wrote:
dat axe....

When I first saw it I thought, damn that's a pretty nice 2 hand axe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info