[1.1.1] Dual Dagger CI. Restored for 1.1 and viable even after Vaal Pact nerf.

post your gear and i might give some advices. i made a run to felshrine in act 2, leveled to 50 there and switched to CI, then just destroyed whole cruel.
Hello Xavyer!
Could you change your links to skill trees? Please change them from https:// to http:// so pictures could load without any issues.
"
Xavyer wrote:
post your gear and i might give some advices. i made a run to felshrine in act 2, leveled to 50 there and switched to CI, then just destroyed whole cruel.

I only bought the daggers so far.. I know my gear sucks lol (lvl 50 btw)

IGN: SoulCrasher_
With the gear you shown you should be raped hard and this is normal.
Every time ppl say they have probelms and show me gear i see that they completly igonore the fact that i say you need to use 4L from level 20. White 4L cost ONE FUSING. It's 8 alterations! Why ppl like to complicate thier life so much is beyond me.
First thing you need after 4L is new daggers. Then new chest - if you see a 350+ ES for your level get it, if not get some good armor chest for your level and continue as a HP based til merciles ledge.
And it might be tought to beleive in but there is one idea ppl do not realize about this build. After you transition to CI the only reason to work on your defence is to prevent oneshots. If you die for any reason exept oneshots you need more DPS. This build is not defensive, base idea - you do not get oneshot and you do oneshots yourself.
Last edited by Xavyer on Jun 27, 2013, 4:43:22 PM
Ok some kind of noobish question here

About preventing frozen:
Wouldn't Wanderlust be good enough instead of a very expensive Dream Fragments? I understand the advantages of Alpha's Howl, so i'm not discussing that. It's a very good item, expensive and worth its money.
But for me that ring is just a waste

What i mean is: couldn't i just run a cheapy Wanderlust to prevent frozen, and get back all the stats i'm missing from my boots (to some extent, even ES) with a medium to good ring? Dream Fragments gives a good bunch of mana and that's fine, but it gives absolutely nothing else. I don't think spending exalts on that ring is worth it, as i could spend a lot less and have a decent resist + es (even crit, or accuracy, or evasion) ring that would make up for the loss of stats from the boots.

And the day i could spare money for Alpha's Howl, replacing those boots won't surely be a problem xD

Is that a bad idea?

Thanks!
Bye
Last edited by ThePlash on Jun 27, 2013, 7:50:47 PM
Right now i am pretty low lvl at like 25. What do you do for the early level defence? am i suppose to take hp nodes that i respec later on or do i just power through it? Im doing fine right now but im sure ill hit a wall in few levels.

Im in anarchy btw
Last edited by zer031 on Jun 27, 2013, 11:54:49 PM
"
ThePlash wrote:

About preventing frozen:
Wouldn't Wanderlust be good enough instead of a very expensive Dream Fragments? I understand the advantages of Alpha's Howl, so i'm not discussing that. It's a very good item, expensive and worth its money.
But for me that ring is just a waste

As long as you can have resist cap and good es armor you can be perfectly fine with Wanderlust. Also with wanderlust you will miss one aura - both Alpha's Howl and Dream Fragments gives you additionlal aura (fragments give +20% mana, Alphas -8% mana reservation for each aura). Also don't miss out accuracy on your rings. It's the most important stat for this build. Saying just in case as many neglect it.

"
zer031 wrote:
Right now i am pretty low lvl at like 25. What do you do for the early level defence? am i suppose to take hp nodes that i respec later on or do i just power through it? Im doing fine right now but im sure ill hit a wall in few levels.

Im in anarchy btw

My leveling guide have some HP nodes, if you won't get yourself a 350+ es armor for lvl 50 you will need to level more in hp but before that you can follow my guide and be fine.
You need to buy white 4L gloves RIGHT NOW they cost 1 fusing/alchemy. Enchant them and use them til level 50. Put Dual Strike+Melee Splash(with quality if you can affor it)+Melee Damage+Life on Hit inside them. Use cheap uniqe daggers i shown in my leveling guide. Remeber offence is best defence with this build.
Last edited by Xavyer on Jun 28, 2013, 2:32:42 AM
Hi

Excuse me , I want to ask something about melee splash.

After the lastest patch, did melee splash be able to click on the ground or not.

I actually tried playing this build but I never thought I had to click right at the monster most of the time.

So the latest patch means that melee splash will work properly ? Does it mean that it will be able to click on the ground.

I really hate selecting the target :(
"
fygzpooz wrote:
Hi

Excuse me , I want to ask something about melee splash.

After the lastest patch, did melee splash be able to click on the ground or not.

I actually tried playing this build but I never thought I had to click right at the monster most of the time.

So the latest patch means that melee splash will work properly ? Does it mean that it will be able to click on the ground.

I really hate selecting the target :(

I don't know if last patch did something to melee splash, but it's advisable to click on an enemy when attacking, because 99% of the time your client game state will be slightly desynced and AOEing in an area that "looks" near the monster will most of the time result in you swinging at the air.

Clicking directly on a monster instead brings your character near it "server side", even if due to a desync that monster is not where you see it, but at least you are actually hitting something, until you "feel" the desync and hit your /oos macro

"
Xavyer wrote:
As long as you can have resist cap and good es armor you can be perfectly fine with Wanderlust. Also with wanderlust you will miss one aura - both Alpha's Howl and Dream Fragments gives you additionlal aura (fragments give +20% mana, Alphas -8% mana reservation for each aura). Also don't miss out accuracy on your rings. It's the most important stat for this build. Saying just in case as many neglect it.

Thanks for your answer. I was asking about Wanderlust / Dream Fragments because it's my "cheap" alternative to start mapping and I was wondering if anyone could suggest against it.

I know that Alpha's Howl is a very good helmet, that's out of doubt. It's something i'm planning on buying if I can get the money for it. But until then, i'll stick with Wanderlust ;)

Bye
Last edited by ThePlash on Jun 28, 2013, 3:30:37 AM
Thank you for answer.

I mean, I really like this style but since I used to play Freezing Pulse witch.

So basically, I just hold the click.

Since dual strike can't click on the floor, maybe I think cleaving is more suitable for me.

But i want to know if the damage would be a lot lower ?

Please give me suggestions. Thanks

( now i have FP shadow with dream fragment and le heup so maybe it's not as hard to share the item, i have some useful gems that the coming shadow of mine can use too )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info