[1.1.1] Dual Dagger CI. Restored for 1.1 and viable even after Vaal Pact nerf.

Friend, I am at level 40 and am experiencing great difficulty to level at the moment (especially not knowing what certain items), would have any tips on what gear to use, like weapons, armor and rest ... vlw
IGN: Kyoph
Shadow, lvl 44 - (Dual Dagger) - (not yet CI e-e)

...Never give up, no matter the difficulty... ;)
I read what @lunaticloser had to say so I re-watched your colonade video. You had at least 1 shock stack on when you took the Brutus hit and still survived the hit (with granite up). It looked like you lost at maximum 3100 ES both from his hits and the additional hits from the trash around him - assuming you'd cleared shock that'd be ~1800 ES which is definitely survivable by someone with ~2000 ES (and in the same range w/ EV & AR). A player less confident in their gear could easily clear out the trash around Brutus and kill him 1vs1.

I'm currently level 71 on Anarchy. There is definitely a challenge in getting geared up in a new league. One item that helped me early on before I transitioned to ES was a Gifts from Above ring (consecrated ground on crit gives you 5% regen). I've recently seen these rings sold for as low as 6 GCP - you can resell it when you're ready to go shopping for an ES chest. I personally kept mine because I like seeing the visual proof of my crits on the ground ;).

The other major issue for me was getting frozen multiple times in a row. Potions only help as long as you can keep them charged and bosses or rogue exiles that spam freeze skills definitely need to be approached carefully (unless you want to rack up 400+ /deaths like me!). I recently purchased an alpha's howl - I'm looking forward to some revenge once I get the sockets the right colours.

I'm looking forward to exploring the viability of this build in maps, both in parties and duo.
Anarchy - SiegeWorx [CI Phys Shield & Dagger Melee Support]
Anarchy - INeedMoneyz [Low-life Dual Spork IIQ/IIR]
Standard - tCanSol [Ele Cleave]
"
Verlique wrote:
Friend, I am at level 40 and am experiencing great difficulty to level at the moment (especially not knowing what certain items), would have any tips on what gear to use, like weapons, armor and rest ... vlw

At Level 40 just have some armour chest, life on gear, resists cap and 2 MightFlay unique daggers - they are being sell cheap in trade chat. be sure to have 4L somewhere and run Dual Strike+Melee damage+Melee Splash+Life On Hit. Invest into melee splash quality if you can - this helps greatly.
"
CanSol84 wrote:
I read what @lunaticloser had to say so I re-watched your colonade video.
You had at least 1 shock stack on when you took the Brutus hit and still survived the hit (with granite up). It looked like you lost at maximum 3100 ES both from his hits and the additional hits from the trash around him - assuming you'd cleared shock that'd be ~1800 ES which is definitely survivable by someone with ~2000 ES (and in the same range w/ EV & AR). A player less confident in their gear could easily clear out the trash around Brutus and kill him 1vs1.

Glad there are ppl that do use their eyes and mind to make a fair judgement. Tnx for your support.

"
CanSol84 wrote:

The other major issue for me was getting frozen multiple times in a row.

Make saving for Dream Fragmens / Alpha's Howl a priority. Freeze Immune will make a good portion of enemies neglectable and your life a lot easier.
Last edited by Xavyer on Jun 20, 2013, 6:08:23 PM
Well, I was trying to follow the best possible to build, but now I am finding great difficulty. Unfortunately I do not think any MighFlay to buy. My equipment is as follows:

Equiped

I have other guns I've ever used and found:

Stash

Any tips on what to use or what to buy to improve?
Thank you;)
IGN: Kyoph
Shadow, lvl 44 - (Dual Dagger) - (not yet CI e-e)

...Never give up, no matter the difficulty... ;)
"
Verlique wrote:
Well, I was trying to follow the best possible to build, but now I am finding great difficulty. Unfortunately I do not think any MighFlay to buy.
Thank you;)

You can get mightflays on anarchy (if that's what league youre on) for 2-3 chaos each. Definitely a worthy investment as theyre quite good daggers (albeit quite slow)

I used a single mightflay + a 150 ES shield I had and replaced dual strike with double strike for leveling a bit. I was able to reach level 53 and got IR which bumped me up to 2k armor w/o granite. I can survive a lot easier to white mobs though I still need a bit more tankiness before I'll feel safe (merci terraces)

I was also wondering what you (xavyer) might think about running this build on life. Retain vaal pact but run life. You can use armor and/or evasion equipment to help bolster defense:

I have this on another character:

And I think I might make the switch for the 5L + higher armor, at least for now.

the only issue I see in doing this is blood rage would then drain life. Instead of blood rage (5% leech) I was thinking I could use the 5th link for life leech gem (about 6%).

what is your opinion on this approach to the build?
I gotta say, pre-level 19 is quite difficult compared to the later levels. When the only skill you are running is Dual Strike + Life on Hit, big mobs and freeze mobs can easily kill you.
"
Verlique wrote:

Any tips on what to use or what to buy to improve?
Thank you;)

Well you are running without an aoe skill no wonder you being raped. Pls get yourself a 4L. DO THIS NOW!!!! Put there Cleave+Faster Attacks+Melee Damage+Life On Hit if you will be running swords for a while or Dual strike+ melee splash+ melee phys damage+ life on hit if you will switch to daggers.

"
Shaard wrote:

I was also wondering what you (xavyer) might think about running this build on life

This is a very bad idea:
1. You lose ability to retreat and restore to full health pool. ES regen itself, HP don't.
2. You lose chaos immunity - chaos will hit like a truck.
3. You lose Melee Damage on Full Life Gem. It gives enormos dps dogether with Melee Damage gem as they are both multiplicateve.
4. You lose 10% life leech from quality Blood Rage. Compensating it with a life leech gem you loose around 35% of your dps making your leech less effective and your threats survive longer and do more damage.
5. Your HP pool will be less then ES pool and your gear now will need to have both Life and Mana making it more rare and expensive.

For all this you'll gain more armor but the thing is armor have high dimishing returns so you will have like 55-60% phys reduce vs my 40%. This is a very bad tradeoff.
Last edited by Xavyer on Jun 21, 2013, 9:21:58 AM
Hi may I know how much this are worth in Anarchy, no clue at all!

Spoiler

and is it recommended to get it if im already lvl 55?
"
uverz911 wrote:
Hi may I know how much this are worth in Anarchy, no clue at all!

Spoiler

and is it recommended to get it if im already lvl 55?

I don't play Anarchy so can't tell you any prices there, ask ppl whoplay. But i do recomend getting this gear and transitioning to CI at 55.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info