[1.1.1] Dual Dagger CI. Restored for 1.1 and viable even after Vaal Pact nerf.

Someone from anarchy need to try it to say how big is +2 melee range from amulet gives. This is the only thing that may justifiy -50% ES
Dps wise i wouldn't change 50% ES to 60% damage, don't need more dps but more shield is always better for a relaxed play. Also i really don't like gear without rarity :)
Last edited by Xavyer on Jun 20, 2013, 6:39:38 AM
I've recently switched from my cyclone duelist to try this build out as I've always wanted to make a crit dagger build.

I leveled fine from 1-50 but now that I have hit 50 I'm hitting a roadblock (Anarchy).

The Mightflay daggers are dealing garbage damage now (slow + low damage) and there's maybe one decent dagger that is below level 65 that can compare to mightflay.

Running 3 granites has helped me out in surviveability now that I have CI but I still find that the 5% life leech from blood rage just isn't doing enough to regen the ES I lose even while in granite.

I'm not sure what kind of alternatives I can go with for now why I try to level/wait for good daggers to show up =(

Any tips for what seems like the "hell" levels of this fun build?
"
Shaard wrote:

The Mightflay daggers are dealing garbage damage now (slow + low damage) and there's maybe one decent dagger that is below level 65 that can compare to mightflay.

Why i see 5 lvl 50 daggers that are better that Mightflay here?
poe.xyz.is/search?league=Anarchy&type=Dagger&pdps_min=140&rlevel_max=50
Last edited by Xavyer on Jun 20, 2013, 6:39:56 AM
"
Xavyer wrote:
"
Shaard wrote:

Why i see 5 lvl 50 daggers that are better that Mightflay here?
poe.xyz.is/search?league=Anarchy&type=Dagger&pdps_min=140&rlevel_max=50

other than increased attack speed they're pretty much the same. When you mentioned around this level "Two good high dps daggers" I was thinking you meant something with like a 220 top end.

My crits only heal me for around 80~120 ES in merci terraces with Vaal pact so I was assuming I needed higher damage daggers to better pierce their armor.

Do you think this dagger is worth ~5 GCP for this build? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/428304/page/1/#p3773912

I was thinking about dropping money on it but if not I'd save my money for a higher ES chest (running 358 right now)
Last edited by Shaard on Jun 20, 2013, 6:49:07 AM
"
Shaard wrote:

When you mentioned around this level "Two good high dps daggers" I was thinking you meant something with like a 220 top end.
Do you think this dagger is worth ~5 GCP for this build? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/428304/page/1/#p3773912

Well anarchy is a new leauge so not many good high damage options there.
Mindflay is 120 DPS dagger for lvl 35. On lvl50 get 160-170. And Later on aim for 200 dps + 9 base crit chance.
The dagger you menioned is nice and worth 5 GCP.
Last edited by Xavyer on Jun 20, 2013, 8:16:36 AM
Hi there, i am currently trying this build on onslaught (almost 70 yey), the route is basicly the same just with life, and no CI yet. Going to respec later to CI when i get the gear, i know it will kill me some day, but this build is so much fun , or will be when i get there :P

The daggers you reccomended worked great, altho i advise anyone who does this to have another set of daggers handy, buy some ilvl 77+ ambushers and try and get something decent, i just alched mine and day turned out "okay" ish, lower high end dmg than the might flay but even without an attack speed roll it still outdid the mightflayers and it was VERY noticeable on the dps, because when i reached act 2 merci and was going to do felshrine, it was neigh impossible to do due to my dps (this again might be facilitated that i had to had some more life in the build so some of the dmg passives was taken later than sooner :p

A point in frenzy can be saved for later if you are doing it on onslaught and doing the same as me, since you wont be critting much due to the need for higher life , atleast in the early game, but as soon as you hit those two first daggers you speed rocket ahead. Up until then i advise to just use dual firetrap , traps are op. Also i leveled a spectre with minion life for the degen bear trick , for safty on bosses :P I was also so lucky to be in posession of an atziris wich helps ALOT in running an extra aura earlier , and mana regen,

all in all up until now i have alot of fun, dont reccomend starting on onslaught if you are new tho, since it can be frustrating, and a desync is bound to kill you one day :)
Last edited by Gooberish on Jun 20, 2013, 8:49:57 AM
Hello! I am really new to the game and I really like this build, its just what I was looking for :)

One question, when am I able to get Melee Splash?

Also, I'm glad you keep updating and answering, I will come here if I have more trouble :D

Thank you very much.
"
Doumeis wrote:

One question, when am I able to get Melee Splash?

Quest Rewards

Melee Splash is first obtained from Act II Sharp and Cruel (Normal) as Marauder, Duelist, Ranger, Templar, Shadow.
Currency: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/400203
For new comers: Ranger guide and 10 builds
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224/page/1
To crit or not to crit: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/466825/page/2
I REALY suggest investing into quality melee splash as a top priority.
Last edited by Xavyer on Jun 20, 2013, 11:15:16 AM
What are you currently Skill Tree? the topic because there are 2 to level 82 :/

Edit:

My Passives:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAA9sOSBEPES8RlhUgFr8c3B4aJDwnqSgqKk0s6TBUQ9JJUVptY0NvnnBSf8aH25MnmVeZmp2jpn-nNKdcsbO0DLVItvfAUeOE62PtQfPq_Kv_kw==

and

Better Unwavering Stance or Conduit?
IGN: Kyoph
Shadow, lvl 44 - (Dual Dagger) - (not yet CI e-e)

...Never give up, no matter the difficulty... ;)
Last edited by Verlique on Jun 20, 2013, 12:00:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info