Common Suggestions and Feedback (with Dev Responses)

"
DutchRudder wrote:
I've just been playing the Beta for the first time, the game looks great but I've got some suggestions, most of which have probably been raised before..

1. When you hover your cursor over a chest, barrel or portal the cursor stays the same.
From previous ARPG's I always liked that the cursor changed to a little hand or glove when hovering over active things like that, has anything been said about this?

2. I'm also finding some of the monsters hard to click on, maybe its because I'm using the ranger with a bow? But I have to resort to holding shift nearly all the time so I don't walk towards the monsters, the same thing goes for barrels and chests, they just seem hard to click on for some reason.

3. Right click to put items in the sell window would be awesome instead of shift click, just quicker that's all

4. When swapping gear I find it a bit tedious that when I swap something over I get the previously equipped item on my cursor instead of it defaulting to where the now equipped item came from in my stash, it just makes swapping gear feel a bit slow, has anything been said about this?

1. Ehh I never noticed this in this or any game. Works fine for me. Barrel kicking speed is getting increased, though!

2. Agreed, there are plans to make this better in the future but for now it is a pain in the butt for sure. I PMed Chris about it once and he said it's not just as easy as making the "hit boxes" bigger. They need to figure out the best, most acccurate way to address this issue. If it's any consolation, D3 isn't that much better as ranged.

3. Shift + Click is fine, but IMHO it should be uniform with stash items too, but there are reasons why this hasn't been implemented yet. Mainly, Shift + Click already can be used from within the stash to unstack items.

4. Super agree! Hope this is fixed one day. I saw one thread where they defended the way it is now, and I remember thinking "Oh, that makes sense", but honestly, when I play the game it's very tedious the way it is.

5. I feel like the items are visible enough as-is so long as you know how to hit the alt button.

To the other guy, sorry, but the system is random. Many people, in fact perhaps MOST people who get keys, haven't logged on in months because most people just create an account (or many accounts) hoping to get a key. This is taken into account in the system. If they gave keys only to people who regularly logged on and were likely to actually play, that'd translate to about 288 new players per day, which would mean that the servers, in their still vulnerable state, would be flooded and this would virtually become an open beta.
Last edited by teacherpeter on Jul 7, 2012, 11:56:04 PM
ad 4 - isn't it because if you want to swap the item there and back (keep switching them) to check up on some stats, you'd have to move that item over again and swap it? this way you can just keep clicking
Why not have a Horadric Cube-like box in which you can have your charms? The box could be only one square, then charms wouldn't have such an impact on your inventory space.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
I'm on vacation now and I have is an ipad. I'll make a big update when I get back.
Want the ability to buy game points without buying another beta key.

currently:

10 bucks gets you 100 points and 1 key.
15 bucks gets you 150 points and 1 key

so maybe a package where you can spend 10 bucks for 150 points(no key)?

for those of us who have already purchased a key package :)

a rep system

Now WAIT ... before everyone starts screaming and cussing me out. Listen first. :)

a rep system could encourage a more friendly community.

right now you can right click on a name in chat to invite,whisper etc. We can just add 'give positive reputation point' to menu.

Why mess with rep at all?

because people in chat get annoyed by hearing the same questions over and over again. They also tend to not want to help the 'n00b' beat Marveil or whatever.

Getting rep for helping people with information and quests would be encouraging 'nice' behavior. Making everyone's game better.

What's the point?

After people get a certain number of rep points they could receive some kind of bonus or benefit. After receiving rep bonus their rep would reset.

like maybe '15% XP bonus for a day.."

nothing that will turn rep into "pay2win" but something that will enhance game play and encourage people to not be rude or troll.

You could also put a limit on giving the same person rep over and over again. So people don't just get a group of friends to rep each other over and over again.

rep limits/benefits would be by full account so you can't just make a bunch of mules to rep yourself of whatever.

Nicer chat community will enhance game play and retaining of players, especially new players.

now you can commence the yelling and cussing. :D

Last edited by laz000 on Jul 10, 2012, 4:53:08 PM
Mouse hover comparison preview

Handy thing i've seen in other games is that we you hover your mouse or something in your stash or when buying is that you see that item AND A PREVIEW OF THE ITEM YOU CURRENTLY HAVE EQUIPPED.

It helps you compare the new item with the equipped one to easier decide which you like better.

Plz make it so that we could disable the wand ranged attack and have left mouse just for moving around.

this ranged attack thing is making me rage hard on my caster witch.
"
laz000 wrote:
Mouse hover comparison preview

Handy thing i've seen in other games is that we you hover your mouse or something in your stash or when buying is that you see that item AND A PREVIEW OF THE ITEM YOU CURRENTLY HAVE EQUIPPED.

It helps you compare the new item with the equipped one to easier decide which you like better.

+1

would be really nice to have this feature added
I'm on vacation, there is a big update to this thread planned for a week or two from now.

For now I'll just say this: To the people asking for item comparison, just hold ALT before you mouse over the item.

This either is or really should be on the list on page one. It's been addressed in TONS of threads and also the FAQ.

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info