[3.25] Chaos Zoomancer & Minion Army Necromancer League Starter (All content - Ubers, T17, Simu)

This build is supposed to be tanky but I feel like I'm missing something.
It was doing excellent before T13 but at T14 I started dying.
I'm not even talking about forged orb elemental (that thing killed my AG along with every single minion. Twice. Those ball lightning are nightmare).
But even generic things like regular monsters become rippy.
Do you have any general priority/advice for the defense? Because offense is more or less clear here
Thanks for the detailed build.
One thing that is a bit confusing to me is why purity of elements is still in all build versions. I get using it for leveling, but once I have even a little res gear it seems to be reduced only down to the ailment immunity which you can get elsewhere, and you could use the aura reservation for some other aura instead?
"
Ignalion wrote:
I'm not even talking about forged orb elemental (that thing killed my AG along with every single minion. Twice. Those ball lightning are nightmare).
Do you have any general priority/advice for the defense? Because offense is more or less clear here

Without you linking a Pobb.inn (generated from PoB on your character) I can not specifically say what is wrong.

I can make a list and guess.

1. You dont have Purity of elements or you are fighting the enemy by edging at the screen, if you do this your resistance auras will NOT reach your minions and they will die since they depend on them for resistances.

2. Your minion gems are not lvl 20+ from combined +1 skill levels after you made a gem swap?

3. You dont have summon phantasm linked with spectre & golem AND you are missing the medium cluster with "Life from death" notable AND you dont have the minion defensive mastery that increases maximum resistances to minions with +8.
If you do not have all of these three combined you are not following the guide.
I have done T17 & juiced T16 without my minions dying.

4. Make sure you use flesh and stone with SAND STANCE.

5. You yourself dont have capped elemental resistances and almost caped chaos res?

6. you dont have 5k+ life (Missing life on items?)

7. You have not done the last Lab to get minion leech and phys reduction?

8. Flasks? (NEVER DEPEND ON A FLASK TO CAP YOUR ELEMENTAL RESISTANCES!)
Unless you have mageblood or perma uptime on flasks ofc...

9. Missing a small cluster jewel with enduring composure?

10. You are running exarch or eater altars and taking very dangerous mods on them like -40% to a specific elemental resistance or -50% to physical damage reduction.

11. You have not over capped your elemental resistances with +15 to negate enemies that do elemental exposure.
Same issue with maps that have "Curse players with elemental weakness"
Last edited by Hoffen on Aug 1, 2024, 8:56:25 AM
"
Nabster wrote:
Thanks for the detailed build.
One thing that is a bit confusing to me is why purity of elements is still in all build versions. I get using it for leveling, but once I have even a little res gear it seems to be reduced only down to the ailment immunity which you can get elsewhere, and you could use the aura reservation for some other aura instead?

You want to get spell suppression & chaos resistance on Boots/gloves/helmet and shield later so you loose 4-8 suffix and life regeneration is nice to have as a suffix as well.
So to help with reaching max res with those modifiers you want to use purity of elements.
Ailment immune is massive as well because if you get scorched that can be up to -30 ele res.
You want to have over caped elemental resistances with around +15 extra to negate exposure as well.
Last edited by Hoffen on Aug 1, 2024, 8:04:35 AM
You have skill points, gems, and item rolls. What do you propose removing in order to get ailment immunity elsewhere, and then which aura would you add?

So you get +25% elemental resists AND immunity to 6 ailments for you and your minions. I'd work out how many gear rolls, jewels, etc. you would have to substitute for this specific gem. It's not that you couldn't, but those points have to come from somewhere.
Hey!
Cool Guide!

What spectres do you use?
"
PepeKnut wrote:
Hey!
Cool Guide!

What spectres do you use?

Hey, you can find this info in the guide on both the FAQs and progression tabs.
"
Hoffen wrote:
"
Ignalion wrote:

Without you linking a Pobb.inn (generated from PoB on your character) I can not specifically say what is wrong.

I can make a list and guess.

1. You dont have Purity of elements or you are fighting the enemy by edging at the screen, if you do this your resistance auras will NOT reach your minions and they will die since they depend on them for resistances.

2. Your minion gems are not lvl 20+ from combined +1 skill levels after you made a gem swap?

3. You dont have summon phantasm linked with spectre & golem AND you are missing the medium cluster with "Life from death" notable AND you dont have the minion defensive mastery that increases maximum resistances to minions with +8.
If you do not have all of these three combined you are not following the guide.
I have done T17 & juiced T16 without my minions dying.

4. Make sure you use flesh and stone with SAND STANCE.

5. You yourself dont have capped elemental resistances and almost caped chaos res?

6. you dont have 5k+ life (Missing life on items?)

7. You have not done the last Lab to get minion leech and phys reduction?

8. Flasks? (NEVER DEPEND ON A FLASK TO CAP YOUR ELEMENTAL RESISTANCES!)
Unless you have mageblood or perma uptime on flasks ofc...

9. Missing a small cluster jewel with enduring composure?

10. You are running exarch or eater altars and taking very dangerous mods on them like -40% to a specific elemental resistance or -50% to physical damage reduction.

11. You have not over capped your elemental resistances with +15 to negate enemies that do elemental exposure.
Same issue with maps that have "Curse players with elemental weakness"

That's the thing! I have almost every point of this checked.
Sorry for not sharing my PoB, here it is:
https://pobb.in/5wBrkKCuYsif

To be honest, the only thing that killed my minions is that Forged Orb Elemental pack with Always Crits mod, they spawn tons of lightning balls and yeah, maybe I'm running far from my minions.
"
mangr3n2 wrote:
You have skill points, gems, and item rolls. What do you propose removing in order to get ailment immunity elsewhere, and then which aura would you add?

So you get +25% elemental resists AND immunity to 6 ailments for you and your minions. I'd work out how many gear rolls, jewels, etc. you would have to substitute for this specific gem. It's not that you couldn't, but those points have to come from somewhere.

Why not just get a stormshroud and all you need is avoid to be shocked in your enthroned socketed jewels and boom instant ailment immmunity?
"
Nabster wrote:
"
mangr3n2 wrote:

Why not just get a stormshroud and all you need is avoid to be shocked in your enthroned socketed jewels and boom instant ailment immmunity?

You can look at the Mid and Late PoBs you barley have any items with any open suffixes to fit in more resistances and removing a jewel to fit stormshroud AND removing dmg suffixes for shock avoidance on other jewels will make you loose more damage than what Malevolence or haste would give you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info