Game still won't open on M1 Mac...

Also worked for me!
"
Autopsyzzz wrote:
OK I found a way :

- launch the game until you get the bin message
- clic on send to bin
- drag and drop from the bin the poe back inside Library/application support/path of exile
- rename the Redist folder (Old_Redist)
- option+right clic on poe you moved back from bin and clic open
- open anyway
- patch should be around 100+m
- game should launch normally, also it's a permanent fix and you can go back to using shortcut to launch.

After some try-outs, and some attempts of deleting all files I was near giving up.

With this workaround I have now the chance for a new installation- didn´t work before in no way- thank you!
Where would Redist File be at?
"
BakaToGod wrote:
Where would Redist File be at?

I also didn't see this but without this step (just adding .aap from bin to Path of Exile folder) was enough.
I didn't have to rename anything. Just moved the POE from trash to library/applications support/path of exile and left click "open", open anyway, and it launched

Thanks for the tip!
This isnt working for me, Im not getting the move to bin poppup.

What steps did you follow?
My Shop-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/280357
I'm on Intel (Imac) and I have the same failure mode - and I don't have a Library/application support/path of exile folder. Creating one didn't make a difference.
"
DaniZweig wrote:
I'm on Intel (Imac) and I have the same failure mode - and I don't have a Library/application support/path of exile folder. Creating one didn't make a difference.

open finder
clic "Go" on top
press "option" key on keyboard.
Library will appear, search from there.
Some computer have 2 libraries...
The workaround is awesome.
This doesn't seem to be working, i did a fresh install it downloaded a 40mb file, there is no open anyway when i do the open after the option click/open... just another move to trash the file thats in trash is 103mb...

Very confused wtf is happening game was working before it tried to update today.
Last edited by phantam on Jul 26, 2024, 11:54:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info