Things that Last Epoch does better than POE.

"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
plaguefear wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:

Okay so thats a disingenuous or uninformed take. POE is deeper more complex and more developed, with more stuff to do and more aspirational items. Its also better looking and sounding, has some of the best music in any game, and despite being from 2013 has better animation* also if you're a "screens have to explode or I can't get an erection" type POE is also much more of that. (just being thorough I am not one of those guys)

Not even close bud, more aspirational items?
You can take any unique in last epoch and make it a hybrid with rare roll mods on top, some of them with multiple, this is a lot harder to achieve on t0 rolls than finding a mageblood (which i found 3 of this league and 2 mirrors).
Hard disagree on better looking, and first thing i do when i install poe is turn the music off.

Okay so disingenuous it is then.
No, it may not occur to you with your [Removed by Support] but people may not always see things the same way as you.
Last epoch has better itemisation than poe in my opinion, and i have 15 thousand+ hours on poe and over a thousand on last epoch.
Poe is Super rich rmters creating top tier items and duping them for people who scrape and save for them, last epoch is players making their own god tier items through hard work and dedication.
One player controls the entire economy of poe, the same one who owned 92% of hinikoras locks at the end of hota league.
Last edited by Mousa_GGG on Feb 25, 2024, 4:37:13 PM
Does LE have 'fuck you' mechanics like reflect or corrupted blood, designed to completely destroy your character if you are using a 'wrong' build?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Does LE have 'fuck you' mechanics like reflect or corrupted blood, designed to completely destroy your character if you are using a 'wrong' build?
No.
"
roundishcap wrote:

I don't think you understood my point. But to be clear, I don't consider league mechanics as a map mod. Poe lets you choose stuff to add or remove, but it doesn't really change the rewards or difficulty in any meaningful way.
(+ the rest)

Oh I understood....and I think your comment has some head-sand-burying quality to it. You are willfully ignoring all the customizations you CAN do, and focusing on something that doesn't exist in ANY other game. This isn't a "sandbox" game, you will NEVER get to create your very own mod....unique to you...ever.

And you grossly over-simplify the control you have over loot. Want more uniques? Pop a scarab and run delirium. Want more currency? Pop harbingers, run a map with higher quant. Want more fractured rares? Run abyss and again, packsize.

You can't just "ignore" the customized league mechanics you can put into maps, because they then also get amplified by whatever you do to the map. They don't exist in a vacuum.

You talk about "monster customization". That's called....running a different map lol. You want to customize your monsters, don't keep running Beaches! PLUS you can get the map mods that change the inhabitants of the map too. Look at that....customizations!

There IS no randomness: when a map mod gets rolled that says "monsters deal x% physical damage as added lightning damage", that's EXACTLY what the mod does. We KNOW the pool of map mods that can happen, therefore we can SEEK whatever mods we like. The only randomness is in the rolling, but that is so minimal because, like you said, the pool of mods is finite and relatively small. We also effectively CAN force exactly what we want onto a map. I'm not sure what game you've been playing all these years but...that is the very essence of map rolling. Your build can't do no regen map? FORCE no-regen mod off of any map you run.

I'd love to hear of a SINGLE other rpg that lets you "customize" each and every endgame experience to the degree that PoE lets you do it...there isn't a single game that comes remotely close.
Customizations avaiable here:
1) League Mechanics via Atlas Tree: MASSIVE (and yet you IGNORE this for whatever reason in your argument about customizing the endgame???)
2) Map mods, from 0 to 8, completely rollable and choosable and customizable
3) Sextant mods
4) Watchstone difficulty mods
5) Map Tiers
6) Scarabs and other Frags
7) The map itself (go from running Beach to running...Silo)

I'm sure I'm even missing some ways there....

Plus, I'm not even taking you seriously on the whole "difficulty" thing because that is so far from reality that it isn't exactly worth discussing. Suffice to say: run a white t1 naked map with no atlas mods, and then run a corrupted rare 8-mod red tier map juiced with sextants and scarabs and delirium.....and tell me you can't adjust your difficulty in a "meaningful" way with correspondingly more "meaningful" loot.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 24, 2024, 8:52:22 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
roundishcap wrote:

I don't think you understood my point. But to be clear, I don't consider league mechanics as a map mod. Poe lets you choose stuff to add or remove, but it doesn't really change the rewards or difficulty in any meaningful way.
(+ the rest)

Oh I understood....and I think your comment has some head-sand-burying quality to it. You are willfully ignoring all the customizations you CAN do, and focusing on something that doesn't exist in ANY other game. This isn't a "sandbox" game, you will NEVER get to create your very own mod....unique to you...ever.

And you grossly over-simplify the control you have over loot. Want more uniques? Pop a scarab and run delirium. Want more currency? Pop harbingers, run a map with higher quant. Want more fractured rares? Run abyss and again, packsize.

You can't just "ignore" the customized league mechanics you can put into maps, because they then also get amplified by whatever you do to the map. They don't exist in a vacuum.

You talk about "monster customization". That's called....running a different map lol. You want to customize your monsters, don't keep running Beaches! PLUS you can get the map mods that change the inhabitants of the map too. Look at that....customizations!

There IS no randomness: when a map mod gets rolled that says "monsters deal x% physical damage as added lightning damage", that's EXACTLY what the mod does. We KNOW the pool of map mods that can happen, therefore we can SEEK whatever mods we like. The only randomness is in the rolling, but that is so minimal because, like you said, the pool of mods is finite and relatively small. We also effectively CAN force exactly what we want onto a map. I'm not sure what game you've been playing all these years but...that is the very essence of map rolling. Your build can't do no regen map? FORCE no-regen mod off of any map you run.

I'd love to hear of a SINGLE other rpg that lets you "customize" each and every endgame experience to the degree that PoE lets you do it...there isn't a single game that comes remotely close.
Customizations avaiable here:
1) League Mechanics via Atlas Tree: MASSIVE (and yet you IGNORE this for whatever reason in your argument about customizing the endgame???)
2) Map mods, from 0 to 8, completely rollable and choosable and customizable
3) Sextant mods
4) Watchstone difficulty mods
5) Map Tiers
6) Scarabs and other Frags
7) The map itself (go from running Beach to running...Silo)

I'm sure I'm even missing some ways there....

Plus, I'm not even taking you seriously on the whole "difficulty" thing because that is so far from reality that it isn't exactly worth discussing. Suffice to say: run a white t1 naked map with no atlas mods, and then run a corrupted rare 8-mod red tier map juiced with sextants and scarabs and delirium.....and tell me you can't adjust your difficulty in a "meaningful" way with correspondingly more "meaningful" loot.
This system is awful and defending it just makes you seem desperate.
^lol okay....thanks for the useless additional comment!

Terrible system....that you played for 15k+ hours

Disingenuous indeed
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 24, 2024, 9:07:57 PM
In zero of those 15k+ hours did i ever think that the map rerolling system was anything but garbage.
"
plaguefear wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
No.

Thanks. That, combined with the advantages listed in the top post, sounds enough for me to try it.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
plaguefear wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
No.

Thanks. That, combined with the advantages listed in the top post, sounds enough for me to try it.

but...LE doesn't have whispering ice...
"
plaguefear wrote:
In zero of those 15k+ hours did i ever think that the map rerolling system was anything but garbage.

If you TRULY think this....then you need some coaching in self awareness.

You would not spend 15k hours playing a game where you think that 99% of what you are doing for that time is garbage. It is absurd and impossible to even consider this a serious comment.

I mean....did you spend 15000 hours playing Acts 1 - 10, and then delving for all the rest of your time? Because if that is the case then maybe what you are saying would make some semblance of sense.

It really isn't worth my time discussing something like this with someone who appears to have no idea what they've been doing for the equivalent of years of uninterrupted time. Extreme hyperbole and a total lack of awareness doesn't make for a good starting point for meaningful discussion.

People simply do not put that level of time and energy into something they don't like doing. Unless they are getting paid. It just doesn't happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info