Things that Last Epoch does better than POE.

Short answer: well, basicly everything.

First and foremost. There is NO death penalty.
Yep, you actually get to enjoy the game without fear of losing up to 60% of experience in, like, 2 minutes. Experience that represents hours and hours of time invested and makes you want to ragequit the entire game just a few weeks into a league. None of that in Last Epoch. What a strange concept to actually let your players enjoy the game. Imagine that.

EVERYTHING is pre-identified.
You can hover over an item on the ground and immediately see its stats, and easily decide if you want to pick it up for sale or use. No need to pick up thousands and thousands of scrolls of wisdom, thousands of clicks to identify items that you are then not going to use after all.

Town Portal is a BUTTON.
How is that for a novel idea. You press the button onscreen or the key-bind and you get transported to the last town. No need to pick up thousands of portal scrolls, open inventory, click portal scroll, click portal. I wonder why GGG never thought of that.

Gold is picked up automatically by walking over it, and all crafting materials in the area are picked up by 1 click.

There is a built in and fully customizable loot filter.
YOU decide what shows up and what doesn’t.
No more loot explosions that literally obscure entire screens and that that actually follow you around if you dare to move away.

Crafting is very straightforward. You provide the materials and you get the result.
No need to be a rocket scientist like in POE in the first place, and no guarantees on crafting ANYTHING where everything is randomized so there is no telling what you get.

DOORS!
Doors can be destroyed or open automatically if you approach them. No need to click them, like in PoE and be instagibbed a fraction of a second later by the 10.000 mobs that await beyond.

Ground effects are actually visible, so you can actually move out of the way before you perish from some invisible stuff in POE.
Nothing like blight ravaged maps or breaches that are infested with a gazillion mobs, where you can’t see shit and that actually make my PC’s FPS drop to way below 1 and eventually just STOP and disconnect.

Feedback and bug reports on forums are actually read and responded to by the development team. something i have NEVER seen on the poe forums.

Boss Fights.
So far looking quite good.
POE has some of the most poorly designed boss fights with en even poorer loot table. Sirus, Maven, need I say more? Eater of worlds takes forever to grind to and he drops a 1c glove as reward. Well done GGG.

Sure there are issues in LE, it is after all still at 0.9.2 and endgame content is still a bit meagre, but I’m reasonably confident that tomorrow we will see a game that is gonna give POE a run for its money, perhaps not this week, but surely the months and years to come in a way that D3&4 never could.
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2024, 4:16:08 AM
Havent yet checked last epoch, buuuut.. white knights are incoming in 3.. 2.. 1.. 😀
hoho at least you posted in Feedback and Suggestions.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
billclinton48 wrote:

Glad you found the perfect game for you!

"
billclinton48 wrote:
Sure there are issues in LE, it is after all still at 0.9.2 and endgame content is still a bit meagre, but I’m reasonably confident that tomorrow we will see a game that is gonna give POE a run for its money, perhaps not this week, but surely the months and years to come in a way that D3&4 never could.

We shall see what you say after the honeymoon phase is over. I have about 800 hours in LE and it made me realise just how much I like PoE. I hope it can live up to your praises one day
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Feb 20, 2024, 9:08:23 AM
I love to moan about POE as much as the next guy, it's pretty much all I do on these forums, but you are literally lying. Just to go Bug Reports right now and you'll see GGG staff responding to some reports, why would you even say that? Why are LE shills so hostile? Do you honestly think that is going get people to play your game? This game been in development and early access for how many years now? Yet they are releasing an unfinished product and have the balls to charge money for it and shill it aggressively. Sad
"
billclinton48 wrote:

First and foremost. There is NO death penalty.

Stopped reading here. Thanks for saving me 30 bucks.
The big thing that will probably pull most fed-up POE players, is the hassle free trade system.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Marinxar wrote:
The big thing that will probably pull most fed-up POE players, is the hassle free trade system.

Either that or the ability to actually play without it while still having fun. The general issue with POE is Qol. Be it loot, crafting or trading all of it is designed to be outright obnoxious in POE.
The biggest difference is how trade and SSF leagues work over there.

In POE playing SSF is basically imposing a restriction on yourself without any reimbursement at all. You don't get better drops, more packsize, easier boss invitation access, you get big fat nothing. So it's an optional mode for masochists, nothing more and nothing less.

In Last Epoch there are 2 "guilds" which are basically SSF and trade.
And each league comes with their own drop rates, benefits and drawbacks.
You CAN migrate your characters between them but there is a safety measure against exploitative usage of this (e.g. you can't trade items you have farmed in SSF league with better drop rates)

For me to make SSF POE more attractive they would need to implement a similar thing. I wouldn't even mind leaving gear drop rates as they are, but they need to greatly increase availability of content such as sextants, scarabs, boss maps, boss keys yada yada. On trade league you buy them in bulk on TFT. In SSF you have to grind this which is the opposite of fun. This is exaggregated even more in Ruthless mode.

And because of this Ruthless is an utter failure with just 144 characters being level 90+ in current (Affliction SC) league. SSF is somewhat popular at 18k characters - due to extremely good drop rates from Wildwood many people actually tried this mode.
Some good ideas there (like pre-identifying items), but the one I'd disagree with is crafting. POE crafting doesn't need to be simplified. The fact that there are so many different currencies, all with their own uses is a big plus (IMO). Other games have one or two currencies (usually gold), you pick up the gold, you spend it at a couple of different shop-keepers, done and dusted (boring). Having a bunch of different currencies, all with their own unique uses opens up a plethora of different pathways to go down (much like POE's skill-tree. I'd argue it's that kind of possible customization which was one of the biggest appeals of POE to me originally).

...Also, just on Esubane's post, I'd argue SSF and ruthless were fantastic additions to POE, and definitely don't need more appeal. For those that find trade league too boring (buying the gear for a broken combo and blitzing the game from the get-go is pretty dull IMO), or that find having to use super strict loot filters in non-ruthless just to see the screen a little ludicrous, these options are the only way to go... Can't speak for others of course, but my play hours are only non-existent nowadays 'cause I haven't been able to stand the game since Arch Nemesis (I don't think I've bothered to get to maps in like 3 leagues now). If AN were to go though, I'd definitely be back to once again sinking mega hours in, and i'd only be playing SSF ruthless (no extra appeal needed).

...Just my two cents...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info