Things that Last Epoch does better than POE.

"
Dryxios1 wrote:

Last league my friend at level 99 got 1-shot 4 times by the same mob in 1 map.

"
Dryxios1 wrote:

Dying to your own mistakes is acceptable, dying to something you literally cannot perform any physical action against in the blink of an eye is another.

The initial death might have been BS and unfair but going in 3 more times surely is something that could have been avoided, wouldn't you say?
"
twostroketom wrote:
"
Dryxios1 wrote:

Last league my friend at level 99 got 1-shot 4 times by the same mob in 1 map.

"
Dryxios1 wrote:

Dying to your own mistakes is acceptable, dying to something you literally cannot perform any physical action against in the blink of an eye is another.

The initial death might have been BS and unfair but going in 3 more times surely is something that could have been avoided, wouldn't you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJfh6WzQhaw
Last edited by ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate on Feb 23, 2024, 8:39:48 AM
"

Very fitting lmao.

I find it difficult to understand why someone would complain about dying multiple times in a map when the simple thing would be to scale it down, run less dangerous mods and, most importantly, just open a new map. Jeez
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
I think one of the biggest sins that poe does it that it really doesn't let you customize the difficulty or reward when mapping.

we can choose league mechanics and optional hard nodes, but the map mod system is wildly random.

The most dangerous mods to my build could roll again and again, then I am left with basically nothing.

or Nothing dangerous rolls and I get a free pass.

Not to mention if one or two arch-nemesis mods one shot your character, then every rare has like a 1/25 to just insta-gib you before you can react. Some things just can't be budgeted defense wise on every build.

Honestly Poe's difficulty is wildly inconsistent, its why a t16 map with 6 mods can be less dangerous than a white t1 map, sometimes.

and at the end of the day the endgame in poe sucks. Do 28 maps, fight one boss, vendor (or hope someone buys your 5 chaos item) the loot because you didn't get the drop you want, repeat. it really isn't special. Although most arpgs do this to some extent.
"
roundishcap wrote:
I think one of the biggest sins that poe does it that it really doesn't let you customize the difficulty or reward when mapping.

I genuinely cannot tell anymore if you're pretending or not.
^ isn't their point that you can roll a corrupted 8mod that is pretty much identical to a white, or a corrupted 8 mod which has 400% extra ele, minus max, no suppress, no regen, extra proj/aoe etc and it'll have the same loot as the first one but as a complete ripfest.

You can obviously curate the difficulty to irrelevant everytime so if that's their point I don't get it, but I do get that there is very little reward for running extremely challenging maps when you can reroll the modifiers to just be far easier without any actual cost.
I have been kinda waiting for this thread tbh. After watching a few streamers play it I still do not find myself wanting to play it and I honestly do not know why. It is missing something and I am not sure what that something is. Although the ability to play offline is the most appealing, there just does not seem to be any gameplay tempting me to buy the game quite yet.
"
roundishcap wrote:

Are we pretending we cannot roll maps to our liking??
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
roundishcap wrote:

Are we pretending we cannot roll maps to our liking??

He likely forgot about it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
roundishcap wrote:

we can choose league mechanics and optional hard nodes, but the map mod system is wildly random.

The exact opposite of this statement is true.....pretty much ONLY in PoE can you customize the difficulty and reward to such a degree.

You have map tiers, map rarity, map mods, corrupting, scarabs, the "new" atlas tree, watchstones, etc. None of that is difficulty customization to you?

And with EACH of those different customizations comes additional or specific rewards. General rarity / quantity from mods (and quite a LOT I might add....), specific items from tree/scarab/sextant.

It's also NOT wildly random. There is a finite amount of mods you can roll, and each has a fairly narrow range of values. You know exactly what you are getting into based on what you roll: in fact, I would argue there is functionally NO randomness in map mods.

Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 23, 2024, 5:31:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info