🌬️⛵☁️[3.25] The dirty Scorpion-tail|CI Trickster CI|100M Herald of Agony Minion|Arachnophobia Allstars

I tried cyclone swap early.. its way too mana hungry at lvl 40. Will give it a shot higher level like you suggested.
The Allstars in [3.24] Necropolis

In the end of each league I try to summarize some aspects of the build and development of the league.

The HoApolis

League mechanics

Spoiler

All allflames were easy to juice.

With the corpsecrafts awesome HoA-weapons and helmets were done.

With the tattoos I he build is extreme flexible to max 100% spell suppression, more es and and poison chances.

3.24 news:

Spoiler

In [3.24] Hoapolis the returning tattoos will free up full geared around 8 passivepoints and the keystone on skin of the lords. Some spell suppression notes and chance to poison could be switched out. B.i.s. geared 11-14 passives were free to spend.

Nice new possibilities to choose were i.e. free to select the amulet-anoint.

The allstars stacked also around 20% more ehp with es on tattoos in the build.

With the new sapphire flask (+5-10 % increased max cold-resi) the synergies of aegis aurora and melding of the flesh became again much more valuable. 89% all max resis were fast reached.

The boot-slot will become flexible and can be switched out to 10% more damage or easy management with the rainbow stride-boots. In general some movementspeed will get in too.

Because the allstars travel much across int- and dex-notes and can get needed attributes easy on clustertransfers the build turns in 3.24 much more easy for all optimizations.

The necromancer get much substain with ghost reaver and es-leech when wanted.

The pathfinder get more easy 100% flask-uptime with some tattoos.

Capping attack block got possible too.

In rippy, not to scip, league-content and the new t17 map-mods the HoA-build defend with much more tanky defensive layers as other builds.

Poison HoA vs. other minion builds

Spoiler

Very fine and nice holy relics leaded the minion-meta. A great build and only in t17 a bit squishy.

HoA got buffed in movement, damage and qol and is b.i.s.-geared as strong as the mirror-priced bamas.

Improvements of the build

Spoiler

Tornados of elemental Turbulences, Ball lightnings of orbiting

Cyclone cwc is since 10 leagues again valuable until 100 HoA-virulences with tornados of elemental turbulences with ball lightning of orbiting.

The adorned was u bugged and is useable in clusterjewesockets. Belt and weapon are much more flexible with it and2 jewel slots are getting free.

The dark seer is buffing extreme flexible tankyness, es and Ehp 25%.

PoB

Spoiler

I cleaned up the PoB notes and improved many levelling trees.

I added a higher budget 259M damage PoB and improved the mageblood pob's.

The Guide

Spoiler

I streamlined the whole guide and improved the layout.

Almost each spoiler was reworked and improved.

Such an amount of improvements were not edited since a year.

The complete change log:

Waiting for docking of the patchnotes 3.25
Added some 3.25 news
Improved the "Tipps for beginning, levelling, gearing and leaguestart"
Added rare iron flask in mageblood-flask-set-up (+800 to +1000 es)
Corrected some rankings in "flasks"
Improved some spoilers in "crafts"

1.5M views in the guardian-ascendancy

***** The Champ arrives *****

Improved all pob's with the cheap 5-passives-voices (before only guided in the large-clusters spoiler)
Improved explanations in "tipps for levelling", "gear", "keystones", "faq"
Improved "checklist defences", "faq"
Improved the spoilers about flat dr / damageshiftings in "The Ubers"
Improved and streamlined many poe-tradelinks
Improved the layouts of some spoilers

Expanded, reworked and improved the guidings in the checklist damage / composition of agony for HoA-crit-scaling and full 100M-250M dps
Added in FAQ the spoiler "HoA-AI"
Added a spoiler "es and ehp" in "balancing & managing" (located before in checklist defences)
Reworked the spoilers "gear" and "HoA poison - The Adorned"
Minor changes to watcher's eye mod-ranking
Streamlined and improved many more spoilers details of the build

Changed default mapping-skillset until 90 HoA-virulences / 100 M damage to:

cyclone - awakened cast while channling - tornado of elemental turbulences - ball lightnings of orbiting

Added "overlord" as large cluster for fortify cyclone
Improved the spoiler "skills and trigger", "crafts", "gear", "jewels", "The crawler raises", "tl;dr", "countdown" and some more
Scaled the new meta-HoA-set-up to 260M with maata`s teaching, spirit offering, assasin's mark, vicious bites.

Added a new minmax-HoA-meta set-up: 176M damage, 20M ehp. Thanks to mrflamee!
Added and improved a new spoiler "recovery" in "balancing & managing" (it moved out from checklist defences / fire and other ailments)
Added plaguebringer + bone barrier-variation in the necro-spoiler "ascendancy"
(with good manamanagement +10% damage, +20% ehp, 700 es-leech/sec gained)
Improved "the composition of agony - checklist damage"
Improved Pro and Contra
Improved some poe-tradelinks
Improved and updated "the ubers"
Streamlined some build-details
Finally I did not forget to add my new personal b.i.s. spoiler "The details of the Ascendancies" next to "Faq" so that now the different ascendancies need less special updates

Published a new t-17 video

Improved the mageblood-section and mageblood-pob's
Added an Iron reflexes tree-variation
Added the spoiler "The b.i.s.-upgrades" in "endgame"
Added circle of ambition, thanks to max 1203!
Added arcane surge for castspeed and es-leech
Added cheap variation tides of time for mapping

2M

The next keystone of totally combined 2M arachnophobiatic views in united 4 arachnophil ascendancies-forums dropped on the 22.4.24 in [3.24] Necropolis.

Reworked the pob-notes
Reworked the"flasks", the "manamaster" and the "skillmanager"
Improved the layout of the build
Added The Adorned

PoB's improved.

Added tree/item/skill-tabs in pob for "HoA lvl 34 - ubers - damage" improving damage around 20% with darkness enthroned, +2 triggerwand/ +2 dark seer / +1 chaos-mastery "corruption" / +3 Cold iron point, + chaos golem of the maelstroem - feeding frenzy
Damage raised as Necro from 48M to 60M!
HoA's next tipping point lvl 34 reached.
Tanky edition damage raised from 37M to 42M!
CIP switched to +2 triggerwand / the dark seer +700 es.

Improved the vixens entrapement-gloves + anathema ring set-up-variation
Added large chaoscluster overwhelming malice and Touch of cruelty
Added in maps sin's rebirth stibnite flask as alternative for withers
Added the dark seer sceptre as variation (+700 es)
Improved the spoilers "skills & trigger", "HoA-supports", "ailments", "countdown", "alternative jewels", "large clusters", "interesting clusters", "composition of damage"

Updated the pob
Streamlined pob
Started a spoiler about tattoos
300k views necro

Gear

Spoiler

No major changes. I improved the explanations about skin of the lords and keystones, levelling gear and alternatives.

With cheap gear for 20 div I played the new champion from lvl 90 to 99 relaxed and tanky with 2 deaths.

Leaderboards and Leaguestart

Spoiler

Congrats to all Arachnophobiatics!

The dominant meta was ruled by DD and more.

Also when often jugg and champ were chosen, the top of the board was again dominated by CI-Arachnophilias!

I myself climbed rank 2 in the champion-ascendancy. Hehehehe X-)

With cheap gear for 20 div I played the new champion from lvl 90 to 99 relaxed and tanky with 2 deaths.

1x dot-ignite beam of over juiced allflames killed me in high juiced plateau and 1x I forgot to activate tempestshield after a cluster swap.

It was a beautiful leaderboard of Arachnophilia again! With some more very successful Arachnophobiatics!

Trading

Spoiler

With high inflation in the whole market and many pricefixers it was probably one of the most expensive leagues.

In example Ashes of the stars, clusters and the Adorned were cheap, but watchers eye with good mods and skin of the lords expensive.

3.25 will make it differently in currency-trading!

Popularity of the build

Spoiler

When I counted correct it was the most popular build in the official necro and guardian forum.

PlusOne Poe-podcast mentioned the build as most enjoyable minion-build in 3.24.

Poebuilds.cc recommended again the Arachnophobia and Arachnophilia Allstars in both the ascendancies guardian and necro and both as budgetstarter as well as higher budget in variations.

GhazzyTV again mentioned and adviced to the HoA-Allstars-builds in his streams. Thank you Ghazzy! Arachnophilia!

PoE-Veteran Luetjeminze tried out some bow-builds in leaguestart. But beeing not convinced in their tankyness and qol in endgame with an loud "Arachnophilia forever!" he continued again the Herald and maxed out the HoA build one more time again.

Overall in the dominating 85% relic-meta not many, but much more CI Arachnophilias as in former leagues stinged the woods.

Outlook: 3.25, Jugg and more

Spoiler

Perhaps I optimize the jugg next league for Herald of Agony. Probably without CI.

More

Are there plans beside for serious Titan Quest or Grim Dawn Expansion, a new Sacred or follower of Dungeon Siege 1/2 already leaked - hehehehe? And MMXI awaits us soooon? Yeaah!

After all again I am focussing on the news of PoE [3.24] - and am quite sure Poe II will be the upcoming meta for bitches, gourmets and maniacs like us in the whole Arpg-genre after PoE I.
"
StalinsGhost wrote:
Hello! I have read a lot of the guide and tested the build out a tiny bit (got to lvl 40 trickster just to see what HoA even did). I am thinking of league starting this build, it seems like it scales well into all late content and is relatively off-meta, so some items will be cheap to pick up. I have 2 questions:

1) Like the guy above me asked, when do you swap from Poison concoction? Up into level 40 while leveling it was 1 shotting waves of enemies, but you suggest buying a weapon at lvl 53, so at 53 is cyclone spam faster DPS than throwing the flasks? Also, if you are undergeared as you level cyclcone seems risky to spam once you hit maps, would one of the ranged spells be better to use? I was also trying out storm surge and that seemed super safe and offscreen.

2) If you have some PoE knowledge is this that bad a league start? It doesnt seem like you need any specific pieces to get into mapping, and when you are there, the advice seems to be "build tankier stats to get tanky OR get another jewel with more virulence for more DPS", I think buying those jewels with ONLY poison passives and no secondaries is probably cheap. I am thinking of starting trickster since all damage and tankiness is within 20% between ascendancies but I prefer a side of tankiness.

Edit, for me league start means what character am I playing this league, I only play 1 character and want to take them from start to the very end game, so that is how I pick my characters. I do not want to explode into maps and then have to farm and swap to something else.

1) Poisonous concoction deals nice damage until act 10 or early maps. Beyond I did not used it and changed over to faster HoA-virulences-generators. Until 60, 70 virulences many skill works. Of course the budget for alternate skillgems is decisive in leaguestart. Ordinary default storm burst is great until 100 HoA-virulences. The recommended cyclone set-up is best for movement and qol. Ball lightning of static was cheap traded for 2-5 chaos and is as almost good as ball lightning of orbiting channeled in maps.

2) Trickster is cheapest in leaguestart and can recover as CI good without aegis aurora and watchers eye and reach fastest 100% spell suppression.

Scaling the damage up is cheaper with HoA and medium clusters compared to many other builds. But circles of nostalgia, maxing 99% ailments avoidances and some CI recocery for juiced t16 is some chaos more expensive as specialized league starter life-builds using simply cheap lifeflasks. The HOA budget variations like sorrow of divine+life-flask, enduring cry, graven secret or temporal rift are a bit weaker. On the other hand I did trickster in t14 early on a few chaos on a 5-link without problems and it is so much qol to already loot while the herald clears the screen on range.
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 24, 2024, 3:24:30 PM
Its been asked a million times before but not seeing much in regards to it and 3.25

Pros and cons trickster vs guardian vs necro. I've read all 3 guides and cant really tell which has best defences vs offences vs budgets

Thanks! I'm league starting this in 5 hours, played hoag jugg quite heavily way back in the day so im looking forward to playing it again!

edit:
At this point trickster looks the best in POB but i know that doesnt always tell the whole story.
Last edited by AdamSanders on Jul 26, 2024, 10:58:59 AM
Is there a PoB for 3.25 already?
"
werewolfy wrote:
Is there a PoB for 3.25 already?

Hi werewolfy,

I am myself starting a bit delayed into league.

I hope saturday the updates will be ready.

Today still travelling without desktop-pc I start tomorrow after returning.

Please take the default pob until then.

In the following days I will do the tests about the new buffed blood and sand, perhaps replacing tempestshield, about armour-based-boots and more.

All planned new possibilities are already listed in "3.25 news" in the top of the build.

The build will be easy t-17 ready before with the default set-up.

Do not forget granite + basalt-flask and increased armour-flask-suffix and the defences are extremely tanky.
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 26, 2024, 12:14:44 PM
All pob`s are updated!

We lost only at first sight 3k armour and 0% evasion.
With the buffs 3.25 to spellblock we can easy compensate this completely 100% with only switching one large spellblockcluster to battle hardened for increased armour and evasion. So the build is not affected at all and is much more flexible with using auras and spellblock as in [3.24]! Cheers!

Let's settle! I wish a best new league to all Arachnophobiatics and will add minor improvements soon!
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 27, 2024, 1:30:13 PM
which one exactly is the PoB i should follow? i see like 4 pobs in the main topic
"
which one exactly is the PoB i should follow? i see like 4 pobs in the main topic

There is only one pob and one called "example for b.i.s. gear".

Take the default trickster:
https://pobb.in/F7YFEPD1
The prices of HoA-gear are really nice this league.

I got this ring in lvl 55 for 10 chaos and will probably bear it a long time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info