🌬️⛵☁️[3.25] The dirty Scorpion-tail|CI Trickster CI|150M Herald of Agony Minion|Arachnophobia Allstars

I have taken this build up to clearing T17, using cyclone 99% of the time. Is Ball Lightning of Orbiting really useful for the 4 link on the virulence stacking skill? As the guy above me mentioned, I also have mana issues with this build, I want to hold down cyclone forever until the whole map is dead, but without -3 mana cost to skills on ring you have to constantly stutter step. With the -3 on a ring, its almost perfect; However, I can see that after the initial round of cyclone -> tornado -> Ball Lightning x3, if you hold down cyclone it will prefer to cast ball lightning over tornado (since tornado is higher mana cost). leading to very few tornados after the initial cast of cyclone. Removing the Orbiting lets the Tornado activate nonstop as you recharge to 16 mana.

With the additional link, Ive experimented with increased chance to poison support; 40% more chance makes it easy to get passives back from poison on hit talents.

Also, I wish there was a way to tell how much wither helps. I had to use a Glorious Vanity to socket wither, which removes ghost dance from my passive tree, and I wonder how much the 25% chance to stack wither really matters; am I even stacking it to 15 often? Hard to say how much value this gives in practice.
Last edited by StalinsGhost on Aug 8, 2024, 12:24:20 PM
"
StalinsGhost wrote:
I have taken this build up to clearing T17, using cyclone 99% of the time. Is Ball Lightning of Orbiting really useful for the 4 link on the virulence stacking skill? As the guy above me mentioned, I also have mana issues with this build, I want to hold down cyclone forever until the whole map is dead, but without -3 mana cost to skills on ring you have to constantly stutter step. With the -3 on a ring, its almost perfect; However, I can see that after the initial round of cyclone -> tornado -> Ball Lightning x3, if you hold down cyclone it will prefer to cast ball lightning over tornado (since tornado is higher mana cost). leading to very few tornados after the initial cast of cyclone. Removing the Orbiting lets the Tornado activate nonstop as you recharge to 16 mana.

With the additional link, Ive experimented with increased chance to poison support; 40% more chance makes it easy to get passives back from poison on hit talents.

Also, I wish there was a way to tell how much wither helps. I had to use a Glorious Vanity to socket wither, which removes ghost dance from my passive tree, and I wonder how much the 25% chance to stack wither really matters; am I even stacking it to 15 often? Hard to say how much value this gives in practice.

Hi StalinsGhost,

you need "mystic bulwark" on the tree, this will add 35 manareg each second. There are some workarounds when you want to go without mystic bulwark, see "manamaster" in "checklist stats", but mystic bulwark is recommended.
In maps when you hit multiple targets also 1 passive of "clever thief" solves most mana-problems before.

Yes, ball lightning of orbiting is b.i.s. with enough mana.

In the end you need simple almost continuous maximal HoA-virulences against singletargets with the channeling skills. With 100% poisonchances some different or fewer skills this can work also.

There is no counter for withers, I miss a wither-counter too. You can calculate them manually of course, with your hitrates of your skills and your witherchances, x2 because they last 2 seconds, etc.
In "The composition of agony" I calculated the in average generated withers for the default set-ups manually.
Ghost Dance is very strong and not easy to replace. The Sin`s rebirth flask solely generates 15 withers within it's duration and withering steps generates instant 15 withers for 2 seconds too with ashes of stars.

Last edited by Chromino on Aug 9, 2024, 6:23:08 AM
"
sobotkaa wrote:
Hey i want to try this beast, what setup from pob can you recommend my current budget is ca.50 divs

I recommend the "lethe shade" tree in the pob when you like it tanky, it adds relaxing reaction-times in exchange against a bit damage. You need a 80% manamultipier helmet for that set-up, i.e. I sniped mine for 2 div today.

Last edited by Chromino on Aug 8, 2024, 3:54:00 PM
Hey, thanks for the build! Why do you se Cult Leader/Pure Agony jewels, but Cult Leader is never allocated?
Last edited by Corvete on Aug 9, 2024, 2:56:59 PM
"
Chromino wrote:

Hi StalinsGhost,

you need "mystic bulwark" on the tree, this will add 35 manareg each second. There are some workarounds when you want to go without mystic bulwark, see "manamaster" in "checklist stats", but mystic bulwark is recommended.
In maps when you hit multiple targets also 1 passive of "clever thief" solves most mana-problems before.

In the end you need simple almost continuous maximal HoA-virulences against singletargets with the channeling skills. With 100% poisonchances some different or fewer skills this can work also.

There is no counter for withers, I miss a wither-counter too. You can calculate them manually of course, with your hitrates of your skills and your witherchances, x2 because they last 2 seconds, etc.
In "The composition of agony" I calculated the in average generated withers for the default set-ups manually.
Ghost Dance is very strong and not easy to replace. The Sin`s rebirth flask solely generates 15 withers within it's duration and withering steps generates instant 15 withers for 2 seconds too with ashes of stars.

For me mystic bulwark isn't enough. I've tried unsocketing tornado (or ball lightning) as well but it seems to just dump all my mana leaving me without enough to cast CWDT or cast on stun effects. Strange enough PoB seems to say I should have enough regen for the mana cost per second of cyclone + ball lightning but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. If it was correct just cycloning in hideout with only that skill linked shouldn't cause mana to drain much.

Only the 1 point to Life & Mana on Hit seems to work if there are enough mobs to get back. Leveling I used Theif's Torment which worked nice for a while also at lower levels, but now with real rings it feels like something else is still needed for mana management to be ideal.

No regen maps or mana drain runes can also pose problems and make an occasional enduring mana flask needed to just power through it.

Other than the above mana issues, the build feels very strong. The only last issue I have is just a preference thing with the disconnected feeling between cycloning and your minion doing the damage. Sometimes he just isn't the brightest bulb around.
"
droshi wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:

Hi StalinsGhost,

For me mystic bulwark isn't enough. I've tried unsocketing tornado (or ball lightning) as well but it seems to just dump all my mana leaving me without enough to cast CWDT or cast on stun effects. Strange enough PoB seems to say I should have enough regen for the mana cost per second of cyclone + ball lightning but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. If it was correct just cycloning in hideout with only that skill linked shouldn't cause mana to drain much.

Only the 1 point to Life & Mana on Hit seems to work if there are enough mobs to get back. Leveling I used Theif's Torment which worked nice for a while also at lower levels, but now with real rings it feels like something else is still needed for mana management to be ideal.

No regen maps or mana drain runes can also pose problems and make an occasional enduring mana flask needed to just power through it.

Other than the above mana issues, the build feels very strong. The only last issue I have is just a preference thing with the disconnected feeling between cycloning and your minion doing the damage. Sometimes he just isn't the brightest bulb around.

I agree, in my entire time playing this build, due to the heavy mana constraints there were very few opportunities for my CWDT or CWStunned to ever go off, no matter what I tried. I specced into mystic bulwark and that for sure made the cyclone -> static -> tornado combo feel good, but in the end I lost mystic bulwark again because I moved my Glorious vanity to the jewel slot next to it.

In my final set up I am using:

Infused cast while channeling -> Cyclone -> CWC -> tornado

As long as it is AOE, I am sitting at my full 88 virulence.

for Single Target/Boss/etc I also replaced the 3 link setup for CWDT with:

Stormburst -> CWC -> Ball Lightning (Static). I spam this if there is 1 high HP mob left after I clear a strongbox or for the last boss if I can stand still.

My setup has me at 27 mana and everything casts when I need it to. I could drop my whispers of doom on my amulet and annoint soverignty to maybe get back to 80~ mana and try the CStunned setup again but at this point I am used to having no mana ever, it feels right.
Your build certainly looks interesting, I never played a minion build before (nevermind one so heavily focused in one type and ailment). Might give it a try this league (who knows if builds like this will exist in PoE 2)
Hi, I managed to get extremely tanky, im comfortably tanking t17 trash and bosses, 0 issues there. Also no issues with mana.

My damage does feel pretty low tho, can you please tell me what Im doing wrong, bosses take 10 min to kill at t17, and trash mobs I need to circle around every pack 5 times in order for my scorpion to clear them all, should I be swapping some gems on HoA for mass clear perhaps?

Also why does my single target feel so low?

The last t17 clear took 27 minutes..

You can see my char Jagger_HoA on my account or poe.ninja (tho it's not always updated)

https://poe.ninja/builds/settlers/character/simeon955/Jagger_HoA?type=exp&i=1&search=name%3Djagger

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by simeon955 on Aug 10, 2024, 4:14:20 PM
"
simeon955 wrote:

You need 3-4 more medium clusters "pure agony".

They are the most effective multiplier with HoA levels and withers and HoA poison.

The complete damage-scaling is shown step by step in the spoiler "the composition of agony".

I take a closer look later at desktop-pob.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 11, 2024, 3:42:45 AM
"
Corvete wrote:
Hey, thanks for the build! Why do you se Cult Leader/Pure Agony jewels, but Cult Leader is never allocated?

200% default increased miniondamage is stacked with the 2 herald-rings circle of ambition/ of nostalgia. With the clusters and supports 300% are increased.

Above higher increasements have not much effectivity and the cult-leader passives are used better for tankyness and in other places.

So you need also only 4 passives medium clusters with pure agony and no second notable. Only in very low levels cult leader is valuable.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 11, 2024, 4:12:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info