🌬️⛵☁️[3.25] The dirty Scorpion-tail|CI Trickster CI|100M Herald of Agony Minion|Arachnophobia Allstars

"
Marrangha wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:

Edit: answer on the right section ^^

Ehi mate, i'm late but i wanted to thank you for your last tips, they've been very useful.
Finally I've completed the build with the perfect balance for my personal playstyle: i wanted very high tankyness, decent damage, high movement speed, no problem with mana (yes, i want pretty everything), and here it is: https://pobb.in/_cIFO9z9a6XJ
I tried various U-bosses and it works perfectly, almost immortal with enough damage to melt them in decent time. I really like high speed so i got onslaught ring + mov tattoo + phase run in automation + quicksilver flask = top of 250% speed.
I resolved mana problem with another magic jewel which grant bleeding immunity, so i put legacy 25% reduced mana cost of skills on quicksilver flask and i can cyclone while casting all spells forever. Also i noticed a 3 link cyclone with just light orb of orbiting is almost the same to get fast virulence as orb + tornado, and it costs less mana.
I'm using glancing blows so i've got 6 passives to invest in damage and another jewel socket.
Now the char is perfect (just for my playstyle as said). And it's wonderfully satisfying.
It's possible to get more tankyness with basalt flask and of course more damage investing tons of divines, but at this point i don't think it has great sense.
Thanks again for this genius setup and ofc if there are some more tips you want to add to my build i'm all ears.

Great done! Congratulations!

And the movementspeed and mana-qol are awesome builded!
Yes, with 100% poisonchance on spellhit and enough mana ball lightning of orbiting is enough in most content. Only against singletargets perhaps a bit slower, I need to test, hehe.
Perfect done.
I would only switch soul drinker to one step ahead. For es-leech the spelldamage needs to be buffed and ball lightnings lvl 20 to be used.

I am very interested how you prefer the different ascendancies!

Arachnophilia!
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 8, 2024, 6:24:34 AM
"
Chromino wrote:

Great done! Congratulations!

And the movementspeed and mana-qol are awesome builded!
Yes, with 100% poisonchance on spellhit and enough mana ball lightning of orbiting is enough in most content. Only against singletargets perhaps a bit slower, I need to test, hehe.
Perfect done.
I would only switch soul drinker to one step ahead. For es-leech the spelldamage needs to be buffed and ball lightnings lvl 20 to be used.

I am very interested how you prefer the different ascendancies!

Arachnophilia!

Thanks! Yes i've already switched to one step ahead, cause using ball light lvl 20 requires a bit too much mana, and anyway ES-leech is not so needed with all these defensive layers.
I've posted my pathfinder version on the right section asking you another thing, if you would want to answer. Actually pathfinder is my favourite ascendancy but only bcs of legacy rumi's flask that can boost block attacks and spells to 75% w/o glancing blows, further it is a granite flask so i can add even basalt flask, reaching an absurd 150k armour with iron reflexes. I thought trickster was the best in tankiness but i was wrong ^^ ofc only in standard and with high value legacy items, all this matter doesn't work in league.
Champion and witch are not the best for my playstyle, the first bcs is too far from key passives like block spells, the second bcs of lack of enough tankiness (only unnatural strenght make it worth a try).
Juicy!
What to you like for leveling and late game item filter?
So, did crawler trickster survive 3.25 shakeup? It would be my first time trying out hoag, want to go tankier overall and easier league start route.
"
LLIHyP wrote:
So, did crawler trickster survive 3.25 shakeup? It would be my first time trying out hoag, want to go tankier overall and easier league start route.

Arachnophilia!

HoAg and minions remain unchanged.
Tattoos are not removed.
The Adorned is not much nerfed in our mageblood-set-up. 10% less HoA poisonchances are okay, or fullgeared instead simply rare ghastly jewels are enough for the 35.7M dot hardcap.

Instead the nerfed armour of determination we invest a bit more into the big buffed ward (ward-flask doubled by skin of the lords). Lost armour will be regained again i.e. with rare boots (es-ar-ev) or rare +2 helmet (es-ar). Perhaps the new rare bodyarmours will become interesting.

Ultimatum got loot!
Simulacrums got buffed big, good clusters and voices will probably be more available.

So much new possibilities!

Buffed rares, buffed ward, as well as the new double amulet-anointments looks awesome. Dual-wielding got buffed in many ways and is possible too.

HoA-Scions, Glads and Wardens have some new interesting defensive possibilties.

With the new taste of hate and some +max/cold-resis we will have 15% more elemental ehp before we use the melding of the flesh or we switch to tides of time.

Balancing a few passives into enfeeble as third curse, into mana for frostshield or into buffed enduring charges (Enduring composure on a cluster / Enduring cry + Zealot's Oath) is easy done.

The easy useable kalguur-crafting-bench is hot and also the recombination-craftings will drop new b.i.s.-pieces or will even make skin of the lords replaceable...

The buffs

With cyclone the new valour and banners and the buffed infused channelling will add 15-20% ehp. Ball-lightning of static will be triggered in different ways (cwdt, arcanist brand, new kalguur-crafts or second cwc).
The new Retaliations with debilitations add another nice flat 10% dr / ehp.
Tempestshield shield could be switched to blood and sand (as necro with mistress of sacrifice or with the buffed arcane sanctuary, the buffed spellblock-clusters etc.) for awesome 25% more flat ehp.

Alternative Necro, Trickster and Pathfinder no longer need to travel the old long western path to the Arcane guarding and use new buffed Arcane sanctuary instead to gain 3-5 flexible passives.

The levelling skill poisonous concoction is buffed nice.

With the huge buffed ward, which is doubled by skin of the lords, we solely get each 2 seconds another 10% + buffed enduring charges before mageblood and 20% more ehp with mageblood.

So in total we gain awesome tanky 20-30% flat additional dr / ehp in [3.25].

I will need some days and the updated pob-simulations for all the maths and improvements.
I wish best energy to the pob-team!

Looks like a great league for HoA again!
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 20, 2024, 1:25:00 AM
"
bewmorg wrote:
What to you like for leveling and late game item filter?

Sorry, in filters I am not experienced.

I like much the progressing "neversink" filters, strict/uberstrict.
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 19, 2024, 5:50:33 AM
Holy moly Chromino, those are some amazing an detailed build guides you have written there, thank you so much for your hard work for the community! :-) I have played my first three leagues and really want to go with your build for next league start.

I am thinking to go for either Trickster or Necromancer - as I understood Necro has higher damage while Trickster is tankiest and fastes to level? Would you say the damage of Trickster is a limitation compared to Necromancer or which would you choose if you would have to?
When do we swap out of pconc to -> cyclone, cwc, tornado, ball lightning?

end of campaign?

does it feel bad if you swap early at lvl 38 when you get cwc?

when get the alt versions of tornado & ball lightning?

Hello! I have read a lot of the guide and tested the build out a tiny bit (got to lvl 40 trickster just to see what HoA even did). I am thinking of league starting this build, it seems like it scales well into all late content and is relatively off-meta, so some items will be cheap to pick up. I have 2 questions:

1) Like the guy above me asked, when do you swap from Poison concoction? Up into level 40 while leveling it was 1 shotting waves of enemies, but you suggest buying a weapon at lvl 53, so at 53 is cyclone spam faster DPS than throwing the flasks? Also, if you are undergeared as you level cyclcone seems risky to spam once you hit maps, would one of the ranged spells be better to use? I was also trying out storm surge and that seemed super safe and offscreen.

2) If you have some PoE knowledge is this that bad a league start? It doesnt seem like you need any specific pieces to get into mapping, and when you are there, the advice seems to be "build tankier stats to get tanky OR get another jewel with more virulence for more DPS", I think buying those jewels with ONLY poison passives and no secondaries is probably cheap. I am thinking of starting trickster since all damage and tankiness is within 20% between ascendancies but I prefer a side of tankiness.

Edit, for me league start means what character am I playing this league, I only play 1 character and want to take them from start to the very end game, so that is how I pick my characters. I do not want to explode into maps and then have to farm and swap to something else.
Last edited by StalinsGhost on Jul 23, 2024, 10:21:42 AM
"
Holy moly Chromino, those are some amazing an detailed build guides you have written there, thank you so much for your hard work for the community! :-) I have played my first three leagues and really want to go with your build for next league start.

I am thinking to go for either Trickster or Necromancer - as I understood Necro has higher damage while Trickster is tankiest and fastes to level? Would you say the damage of Trickster is a limitation compared to Necromancer or which would you choose if you would have to?

I swapped in early maps, around t1 / t2, poisonous concoction out and focussed on faster HoA-virulences-generators.

It's quite variable, with a 6-link or fitting faster attack & chance to poison gloves you could use poisonous concoction till t8 and beyond.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info