3.22.0b Hotfix 2

Not a big deal for one of your new support gems (Flamewood). I can't do Eater, a lot of maps and now i can add the new league mechanic to the list. Timing is also perfect...for leveling a new character.

I mean come on guys. You just added Flamewood. What are you thinking when you deploy a patch that kills the NEW gem for the NEW league mechanic?
Thank you for making them basically immune to any CC, while not fixing them getting 'unable to do anything' when they get interrupted. It is really what the game needed.

More buffs to the AI-guys that 1-shot you because they overwhelm any% of defensive layers, by just ignoring them, while you do 0-damage realistically against them. Time to ignore the league-content until things get reverted. Outright killing Flamewood or any builds that relied on Taunt to even do something - or an Ascendancy that does Taunt - is so good for the health of the game, I know.

Oh, I know. Why not make Ruthless the 'Standard' mode for all and delete the normal leagues outright? To not have fun, while enemies are invisible, textures not loading and/or flicker and give really high Epilepsies?

Thanks for making the league-content that was able to work-around with into shit.
players finding a way to beat the bad league mechanic and they do this. we cant kill off screen mobs but the warriors can one shot us from 3 screens away, they can tank more than a uber boss...
Build bricked... no money to respec. Done with this stupid game.
GG exiles
So what is the design goal of this league mechanic exactly? Force every character into a linear progression until they reach the rank they can't have fun anymore so they either have to make a new character or just stop playing the league mechanic?

you copied the auto-battler system well, but forgot to implement the system those games all include. P2W so you never reach a wall. Brick walls in league mechanics are not fun.
Last edited by KaseyM21 on Aug 25, 2023, 1:17:57 AM
Good to know that the decoy totem flamewood build I've been spending the past several days optimising to run the league mechanic is now worthless because the enemies refuse to target my totem to trigger the skill. Reeeeeaaaaal fun.

I won't deny that taunt was broken, but completely no-selling it makes it so that any build trying to design around flamewood (you know, the gem added in this patch?) completely untenable for the league mechanic, because there's no way to consistently trigger it besides making enemies target the totem.
"
TendraUmbra wrote:
Good to know that the decoy totem flamewood build I've been spending the past several days optimising to run the league mechanic is now worthless because the enemies refuse to target my totem to trigger the skill. Reeeeeaaaaal fun.

I won't deny that taunt was broken, but completely no-selling it makes it so that any build trying to design around flamewood (you know, the gem added in this patch?) completely untenable for the league mechanic, because there's no way to consistently trigger it besides making enemies target the totem.

taunt wasn't even broken. They even considered taunt internally. This is obvious by the Tukohama warriors all having "unaffected by taunt". I completely believe this was a balance made because of player sentiment.
Why would you choose to do this?

People find creatives ways to deal with one-shotting near-immortal scaling stuff, and you just dish out a MID LEAGUE NERF, the ones you "don't do"?

why don't you fix the existing problems with the league mechanic, but solutions players come up with?

Its just... why do you want people to NOT have fun? Wasn't that was leagues were for, testing stuff and showering the players with rewards?

put that shit in ruthless where it belongs, don't make the game ruthless.

Kinda sad about that decision.
Last edited by _hndrk on Aug 25, 2023, 5:36:08 AM
"
KaseyM21 wrote:
"
TendraUmbra wrote:

taunt wasn't even broken. They even considered taunt internally. This is obvious by the Tukohama warriors all having "unaffected by taunt". I completely believe this was a balance made because of player sentiment.

Yeah, even when playing decoy totem flamewood, the mechanic was still a challenge. The totems had to be kept alive and placed in areas where they'd actually draw aggro, and bad placement absolutely could bite you in the ass if any opposing warriors got past the front lines, and that's not even getting into the 4 second cooldown. It definitely made the mechanic much easier, but I'd definitely not call it cheese, unlike the reverse knockback strategy.
Last edited by TendraUmbra on Aug 25, 2023, 1:47:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info