3.22.0b Hotfix 2

So to compensate you're going to drop warrior health by 50% and actually make them take the 4 second stun when hit channeling on our totems, right?

Knockback, okay whatever. It was cheesy but fun. But no taunting?

You literally added two new build types that either rely on taunting or have taunting built in to use it and then make the league that they are released in immune to taunt?

Why is it that when something would change the meta positively you wait til the end of the league, but when it a strat that players use to form a new meta you insta nerf/gut it?

It's not like TotA has much in the way of loot that's all that amazing as it is. Making it even more unplayable is just a ridiculously bad choice.
At least nerf spear dancers, 1 auto attack = one shot, off screen teleport = one shot, how is this balanced?
What a dogshit is 😡
Why So Hard??? Its not sanctum, dont drop 2 mirror every run.
Diz.
does not fix anything
Last edited by Cendree on Aug 28, 2023, 7:50:21 AM
Why is knockback even in the game at all if the one time it's useful it just gets outright disabled?
Just remove the mechanic from the entire game FFS

Why bother adding dumbass gems like divergent knockback only to aggressively ensure it has no purpose
Proper nerf is to make a few enemy types unaffected by taunt, others resist it after being used once per X seconds, and for it to work perfectly on others. And for a few other enemies to be unaffected by knockback or chill while it shuts down others. Very rarely, a few of these could stack for an anti-CC beast that would be weak to a raw damage build.

With the overall effect being that CC methods are SOME OF MANY viable and competitive methods that still requires support from the mechanic itself to actually win.

Lazy fix is to universally ban stuff.

A quick hotfix to stop the bleeding is fine.

So, several days later, where's the BALANCE patch to actually get things balanced?
Absolutely agree. Lazy fixes for taunt and knockback. Temporary fix.. ok, but damn!

"
Andvareel wrote:
Proper nerf is to make a few enemy types unaffected by taunt, others resist it after being used once per X seconds, and for it to work perfectly on others. And for a few other enemies to be unaffected by knockback or chill while it shuts down others. Very rarely, a few of these could stack for an anti-CC beast that would be weak to a raw damage build.

With the overall effect being that CC methods are SOME OF MANY viable and competitive methods that still requires support from the mechanic itself to actually win.

Lazy fix is to universally ban stuff.

A quick hotfix to stop the bleeding is fine.

So, several days later, where's the BALANCE patch to actually get things balanced?
As of this 3.22.0b Hotfix 2,
Warriors can now only be knocked back a maximum of 5 times every 5 seconds.
Warriors are unaffected by Taunt.

Rough minion nerf for this league. I've been wondering why my minion build taunt and knockback didn't seem to be working anymore. Built my whole trial strategy around these two functions. It felt like this nerf was specifically targeting my build. Wish I hadn't missed the announcement. Better yet, wish this nerf hadn't happened. I noticed that I was getting relentlessly chased in an unnatural way with my minions all around me. Been ramping this up for the last few days trying to up my knockback chances for my minions to try to fix it. Guess I need to read the patch notes more closely. Never occurred to me GGG would do this in such a clunky way (gutting core minion mechanics), but I guess you had your reasons.

As far as feedback, I'm definitely not a fan of these changes. No taunt at all?

At least I understand now why it felt like ancestors were ignoring my minions. They were!

As mentioned in a previous post, this was a lazy, blunt instrument fix. Ok in the short term, but at least have these two work for half the monsters or something. Total ban sucks rocks.

Back to the drawing board.
"
Quintessence wrote:
how about making the enemies actually get stunned when you hit them while channeling?

seconded

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info