3.21.2b Patch Notes

STOP CRYING, I'm doing great. If you want to play games now, have machines now, what is that about the developer making the game for their machines?
Last edited by Sastre19 on Aug 10, 2023, 11:35:32 AM
Maybe GGG would be still communicating with us if there were less toxic posts like this.
do you know when 3 22 patch comes out?
"
Maybe GGG would be still communicating with us if there were less toxic posts like this.

Maybe there would be less toxic posts like this if GGG would have been communicating with us at least once on that matter.

Even Quin69 at ExileCon noticed and heard talks about some bad and unexpected framerate issues with the engine on some specific machine.

When you have to make time to play, arrange with your familly time, days off from work that takes weeks to put in place, and not be able to play at all because of a darn patch that broke the game, and absolutely no communication from the devs as of yeah working on it, not fixable, wait for x days/weeks/months, go there do that to get more stability, or whatever else, reaching a point where you are gonna just quit and uninstall the game you invested in for twelve years, how can it not create frustration and hostility from the players ? Completely wasting people's time, maybe even harming their hardware and on top of that totally ignoring them is not gonna bring less anger.

They've never done this to this extent.

Win 10 Pro
I7-4790K 4.0 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 8.0 Go
24 Go RAM

I've done every known move at this point, moved shader folders around, deleted nvidia's and PoE's temp folders, building shaders for hours and hours, changing cache size on nvidia's and Steam's, testing every single graphic option. The only improvement I got is the game now stabilizes when standing still and the green shader bar is full. As soon as it's done compiling, game goes into a horrendous diaporama.

And still not a word from GGG in two weeks.

Can anyone explain why even the menu is completely unstable when nothing at all is happening ?

https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Last edited by DjParagon on Aug 10, 2023, 1:42:51 PM
When will xbox series console get the new engine update/patch? With the new season patch the 18th?
"
DjParagon wrote:

Win 10 Pro
I7-4790K 4.0 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 8.0 Go
24 Go RAM

Can anyone explain why even the menu is completely unstable when nothing at all is happening ?

I have the same CPU and the same problem. I also tried everything until I stumbled onto what I think the issue is. The problem is POE's implementation of multithreading. Your CPU's cores keep idling because there is not enough load. That's why the white line is always spiking and you get the stuttering. There are three solutions I could find. 1) Run programs in the background (videos, low CPU foot print games, etc.); 2) Turn off engine multithreading; or 3) Follow the steps in this link to create a new Windows Power Profile that prevents your CPU's cores from idling: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/.

I am currently using the custom Windows Power Profile discussed in the reddit post and it seems like the best workaround for the problem. I don't want to run stuff in the background and disabling multithreading "fixes" the stuttering but performance on a single core isn't great.

I would recommend changing your power profile back to the default when you are done with your POE session. The custom power profile "fixes" the problem by preventing your cores from idling leading to higher sustained CPU temps. Hopefully GGG will fix the problem with their multithreading code in the next patch.

Last edited by KosmicKerman on Aug 10, 2023, 2:49:07 PM
s
When 3.22 patch notes comes out?
When 3.22 patch notes comes out?
"
KosmicKerman wrote:

I am currently using the custom Windows Power Profile discussed in the reddit post and it seems like the best workaround for the problem. I don't want to run stuff in the background and disabling multithreading "fixes" the stuttering but performance on a single core isn't great.

I would recommend changing your power profile back to the default when you are done with your POE session. The custom power profile "fixes" the problem by preventing your cores from idling leading to higher sustained CPU temps. Hopefully GGG will fix the problem with their multithreading code in the next patch.

Cheers !
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info