3.21.2 Hotfix

To be honest, the advertising campaign BG3 got out of control. We got huge portal to BG3 from D4 patch. And now we get another patch-portal here...
I can't enter the Rogue Harbour anymore after the update. >90% of the time I get stuck in an infinite loading screen.

Tried changing settings, set everything to minimum 1280x720, tried switching between triple buffering on/off, directx/vulkan, multithreading enabled/disabled but nothing seems to help.

The few times I've managed to get into it, I noticed that I get some insane FPS drops and flickering whenever I'm close to the entrance, but those issues seem to go away if I move to the corners of the tile. I've uploaded a video showing the issue in action, you can see how big the drop is near the 10 second mark.

Is anyone else facing the same issue?

My specs are i5-2500k, 8GB RAM, 6700XT GPU and Windows 10 (a potato, I know). I'd been farming Heist flawlessly before the update.
"
"
N4mex wrote:
"
Game loads faster than before and is stabler at previous chokepoints (like some silly oversaturated spots in my hideout Lol,) seems good

Care to share your PC specs?
If game runs so great for you, telling us what pc parts you got, would be really helpful

Sure thing!

Hardware
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core
Video: NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070/PCIe/SSE2
RAM: 32 GB
PoE installed on SSD

Software
KERNEL: 5.19.0-50-generic
GPU DRIVER: NVIDIA 525.125.06
Compatibility layer I run PoE on: GE-Proton8-9 (usually updated to the newest version of GE)
PoE Renderer: Vulkan
Steam Shader Pre-caching: active

thanks lad.
"
Very Disrespectful, Might as well go play another game anyway whatever you're gonna show us at ExileCon I wonder how you are going to show us something on your unplayable server.

Joke on you they wont show it, they'll take footage before the patch for 3.22 and for POE 2 20 second clip are easy to not make laggy.
Why am I still here
"
I can't enter the Rogue Harbour anymore after the update. >90% of the time I get stuck in an infinite loading screen.

After a few heists, the Rogue Harbour greyed out on me. I was on DX12. I switched to Vulkan and everything worked fine again. That's the only issue I've had with the patch so far.
Kirov reporting:

1) Rogue Harbour - fps drop to 3-5 frames, but zoom in with mouse wheel raises framerate to 40-50, bunkers works fine.
2) Entering a map need to wait about 30 sec to loading shaders (imho)
3) Passive tree has 1-2 framerate, and againg use mouse wheel to zoom and fps grows.
Windowed mode for ultrawide screens truncate the left and right sides, it was not like this before. Fullscreen options work correctly.
Tragic performance, Ryzen 5 5500 jumps to 80% lol. The RTX 3080 is ok, but the GTX 1070 set up is unplayable. A friend tried to castrate the effects in the game files, he says that it doesn't make any difference xD
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
'2) Entering a map need to wait about 30 sec to loading shaders (imho)'

Ive read this suggestion from several players. I tried waiting 50 secs...and every map i still have to 'try out' small examples of enemies or movement skills on screen. These 1st instances when i get on a map will lag / freeze the game for at least 5 secs.
Once i get over those initial trial events i can play somewhat normally like before the patch...still freezes some but not as bad when i 1st enter the map. Trying to be careful when playing as even those minor freezes will end up getting me killed even on a somewhat lower tier map.

Just not playing as much or at all due to these issues
JUST TELL US HOW TO SET UP POTATO SETTINGS NOW, GAME'S NOW UNPLAYABLE ON A GAMING LAPTOP THAT'S BARELY 2 YEARS OLD. NOT SPENDING MORE MONEY ON A GAME THAT DOESN'T RUN SMOOTH! MOORE'S LAW HAS SLOWED DOWN! IT AIN'T GETTIN MUCH BETTER. A NOSTALGIA SETTING THAT MAKES IT ALL PIXELATED WOULD BE PREFERRED OVER THIS LAG FEST! I'M NOT READING ANOTHER TRAINING MANUAL ON HOW TO SET UP GRAPHICS SETTINGS AGAIN FOR A GAME THAT WANTS TO CAUSE BRAIN DAMAGE FOR ALT SPINNING. 30 SECONDS TO LOAD A MAP OR HIDE OUT IS TOO DAMN LONG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info