3.21.2 Hotfix

what is minimum configuration for POE. I m not sure if this below mentioned by GGG makes any sense :)

Processor: x86-compatible, 2.6GHz or better. Graphics Card: GTX 650 Ti or HD 7850 or better. RAM: 4GB

to give an update on why i couldnt reach the login screen when i launched the game.exe.. seems like because im using a machine with a windows user with lower admin rights that was the issue, when i launch the game with admin rights it works fine, which is a kinda weird bug because that was never an issue before the update. i still cant switch to dx12 from dx11 in game though, works fine switching between vulkan and dx11 which is even wierder.. because dx12 also worked just fine before the update patch.
"
AintCare wrote:
"
revalk1971 wrote:
71 GB memory (that's all of the game assets, right?) and another 20 GB VRAM.

what kind of numbers are these? lol

Probably 7.1GB system memory and 2.0 VRAM. I mistook 1.3 as 13 when I swapped back to Vulkan after all these years, and roughly 9GB+ system is what my install is using when I get a memory warning to restart.
"
Astri_X wrote:
to give an update on why i couldnt reach the login screen when i launched the game.exe.. seems like because im using a machine with a windows user with lower admin rights that was the issue, when i launch the game with admin rights it works fine, which is a kinda weird bug because that was never an issue before the update. i still cant switch to dx12 from dx11 in game though, works fine switching between vulkan and dx11 which is even wierder.. because dx12 also worked just fine before the update patch.

assuming you recently reinstalled windows, if you still have the problem, I remember having the same issue after freshly installing windows 10 again and I found out that I had to install microsoft redistributable "Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022" somehow not being applied with the windows install.
Here is the link from the official microsoft site: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170#visual-studio-2015-2017-2019-and-2022 and click the x64 link

no idea what's up with that but I could use dx12 afterwards,
Last edited by sham_pain on Aug 4, 2023, 4:44:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info