3.21.2 Patch Notes (part 2 - restart)

Guys I think mistakes can happen, I understand the concern and frustration, but attacking the devs won't help anyone.

They already dropped an hotfix to address some of the problems and I'm sure they will keep improving the performance.

Meanwhile yesterday I ran some tests, I managed to get playable performance with these setting:

1920x1080 fullscreen windowed
Dx12
Triple buffering
All detail set to lowest possible
Target framerate: 60 fps

Specific rig I played on:

GTX 1080 ti
R5 5600x
32 GB 3200 MHz
all running stock.
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Kieren_GGG wrote:

For those experiencing performance problems please make new threads or respond to any that seem specific to your situation in the Bug Forum. We'll need some details to help us investigate, such as:

• Details on problems you're experiencing, and if it's occurring when certain skills are being used.
  • Computer specs: CPU, GPU, RAM.
  • Game Settings: Renderer, Triple Buffering, Multithreading, etc. And if changing any of these helps.
  • Videos or screenshots of your client when it's happening, with performance graphs on (F1 in-game).

We're also investigating any crashes that might have been introduced, and will get fixes deployed as soon as we have them.

I'm not your beta-tester.

ROLL BACK THE PATCH THAT BROKE THE GAME FOR MANY... PLEASE!

QFT
I play on my PC and my Mac and I've logged off the last 2 nights due to how poor the performance is. Game is in an utterly useless state and it baffles me that this patch was sent out like this.
What happened i literally just updated PoE and i went from 240 fps in hideout to 140fps i almost doubled down in fps from this patch that is absolutely crazy i cant play game like this i got almost 50% worse performance i tried doing some mapping i get nonstop lagg spikes? my setup is

RX 5700 XT
Ryzen 5 3600X
16GB 3200mhz ram
windows 10
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Jul 25, 2023, 5:10:22 AM
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
What happened

you are now a beta-tester for poe2
Since the patch, I've gone from ~2 seconds load time (hideout to map - map to hideout) to around 30-40 seconds.

By load times I'm not talking just about the loading screen, but rather loading everything in.

The game doesn't seem to remember what was last loaded and dumps everything, so changing from HO to map and back means pulling every single texture back from the SSD all the time. The VRAM shifts 200MB. So this tells me that POE doesn't actually utilize VRAM correctly. Rather it is pulling common textures back from disk all the time.

You should keep the textures in VRAM (the ones that can be kept) as long as possible, and dump the oldest one to replace the newer ones. Otherwise loading times will suck, and spawning new monsters or switching to the same two instances will be a pain.

These load times result in me dying while I'm at the load screen, which is stupid.

Even though my system is a bit dated by todays standards, 6-8 months ago I kept steady 100-120fps, now I could manage 60fps in HO/maps with it dropping when there were metric ton of monsters on screen.

With the last update I'm barely getting 35-40fps in HO, and I'm not even running 1080p resolution.

Many people will be running the game on mid-low end laptops, which means they won't be able to play it at all.

REMEMBER! You promised during the beta days that POE will be a game for everybody, even if they can't afford high end PC's. Are you holding that promise up?
Call me crazy, but I don't think we'll see anything meaningful on this patch until after their big event this week. I bet they need the POE2 engines up for something at Exilecon and those of us who aren't in the elite class to go are stuck with a crap game until it's over. Once Exilecon is over they'll roll back the patch or make another major update...bet.
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
What happened

you are now a beta-tester for poe2

And? It's a free game, they're releasing a masssive overhaul and some bugs and kinks will happen. Again, ITS A FREE GAME.
The game runs a little better now after some hotfixes.
But I'm still experiencing long loading times.
For instances, after running a Contract, when clicking on the portal back to Rogue Harbour, the screen got stuck at loading. The grinding gears were spinning but after 2-3 minutes, I had to Alt+F4.
Now, trying to enter Rogue Harbour again, it takes quite a lot to load again. But I can hear the sounds of other players' pets.
Ok, it loaded after about 3 minutes and it's very glitching, light seem to be going on and off. Weird. This was on Direct X11, no triple buffering.
Last edited by PathOfDan77 on Jul 25, 2023, 11:08:58 AM
You should add "Tell the truth" and "Sarcasm" in the code of conduct of what we are not allowed to say on the forum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info