3.21.2 Patch Notes (part 2 - restart)

And? It's a free game, they're releasing a masssive overhaul and some bugs and kinks will happen. Again, ITS A FREE GAME.

This doesn't mean it have to be like that even if it's a free game not to mention many of us players have paid for it in some way. I've paid 20$ just to be able to play closed beta for example.

Also PeE wouldn't have existed without us gamers in the 1st place. Our opinion on anything related to the game matters!

Last edited by kory1979 on Jul 25, 2023, 12:49:01 PM
"
kory1979 wrote:
And? It's a free game, they're releasing a masssive overhaul and some bugs and kinks will happen. Again, ITS A FREE GAME.

This doesn't mean it have to be like that even if it's a free game not to mention many of us players have paid for it in some way. I've paid 20$ just to be able to play closed beta for example.

Also PeE wouldn't have existed without us gamers in the 1st place. Our opinion on anything related to the game matters!

nothing is free.
"
kory1979 wrote:

Yeah it matters but people here be actin like GGG spat in their faces. This is a relatively small studio who is on the verge of their biggest update yet, the bugs and kinks will be there and then they will be fixed like always but it's a process. I mean look at this patch alone, you've got thousands of players with different rigs which were affected by the patch in various ways. Different GPUs, drivers, CPUS etc. Even AAA devs have constant problems with game optimization these days. Given that they released this patch at the very end of the league and couple of days before big news event is probably a harbinger of bigger changes so I'm willing to cut them some slack and wait for updates. Oh yeah and people whos been playing poe for couple of years now having a blast and now whining about refunds for their MTXs because theres a patch(that will probably soon be fixed) that decreased their performance...get real.
"
happyz1988 wrote:
This is a relatively small studio

Tencent:
Revenue Increase ¥560.118 billion RMB (US$86.84 billion) (2021)
Number of employees 112,771 (2021)
"
AintCare wrote:
"
happyz1988 wrote:

Tencent:

GGG has approximately 200 employees, Blizzard for comparison 4500. Tencent is a mother company that owns tons of studios and other companies. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Will_GGG on Jul 25, 2023, 1:58:13 PM
I bet this patch was tested on a 5k$ rig. You don't need more than 10 ppl to have this tested before patch goes live, so this doesn't have anything to do with GGG being small or big company. Their approach is unacceptable.

Why would they apply some broken @#$% and then try to fix it ?
Last edited by kory1979 on Jul 25, 2023, 2:00:05 PM
"
happyz1988 wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:
"
happyz1988 wrote:

Tencent:

GGG has approximately 200 employees, Blizzard for comparison 4500. Tencent is a mother company that owns tons of studios and other companies. [Removed by Support]

That conglomerate owns about 90% of the game, if they wanted to do this patch right they would outsource the testing OR probably find testers in other game team of theirs.

This is not a indy game anymore, stop treating it as one.
Last edited by Will_GGG on Jul 25, 2023, 2:00:52 PM

"
That conglomerate owns about 90% of the game, if they wanted to do this patch right they would outsource the testing OR probably find testers in other game team of theirs.

You really don't know how corporate world works. Tencent is 67B a year company. GGG is a blip in their stock portfolio. As long as they're getting returns on their investment they do not interfere in day to day business(and certainly not on patch level jesus). And sure its no longer indie level and at the same time its not quite AAA level yet. But given that even AAA studios constantly struggle with the same problem(optimizing that is) I don't think it's that mind-boggling GGG will struggle in the same area. Like I said before, it's a nature of variety of rigs that we use these days plus we still do not have a full picture of why this patch dropped(again exilecon is in 3 days). So take a breath and just wait 3 days.
"
happyz1988 wrote:

"

You really don't know how corporate world works. Tencent is 67B a year company. GGG is a blip in their stock portfolio. As long as they're getting returns on their investment they do not interfere in day to day business(and certainly not on patch level jesus). And sure its no longer indie level and at the same time its not quite AAA level yet. But given that even AAA studios constantly struggle with the same problem(optimizing that is) I don't think it's that mind-boggling GGG will struggle in the same area. Like I said before, it's a nature of variety of rigs that we use these days plus we still do not have a full picture of why this patch dropped(again exilecon is in 3 days). So take a breath and just wait 3 days.

DUDE, GGG decided to sell their game to Tencent. For A LOT of money. They aren't fkn poor... why are yuo defending them?

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Drew_GGG on Jul 25, 2023, 3:18:13 PM
"
happyz1988 wrote:

I'm not defending them I just hate this river of shit that comes from people like you every time theres even a little mishap. There's no reasonableness, it's always straight to extreme. First: I doubt there is a patch in history of gaming that didn't cause problems for some players. Second: all you have is a 20 page thread with mixed reviews(some people had bad performance, some better, some, like me, had no changes at all.) so you don't really know how the patch worked for community as a whole and yet you throw this absolute statements as if you had all that knowledge.
Third: patching takes time and quite frankly they started hotfixing extremely fast so again some patience would be nice. And finally, yes they got bought in order to expand but they're still small potatoes in comparison with D4 team size(over 9000 people credited) and D4 doesn't have 1/10 of PoE content. To sum it all, I'm just more understanding I suppose and this game provided me with tons of fun for years despite me spending on it like 20$ total so I think the best thing that people can do at this point is to report their performance in bug section and add their specs so devs could hotfix better and more broadly.

This is a HUGE fkn deal. This was an untested patch that made the product unusable for a lot of people with a wide spectrum of hardware configs.

There is no clear communication from the Devs.

There was no attempt at reverting the change, hinting this was intentional.

if you are ok with being treated like this, that's good for you, I don't believe this is how you should be treating anyone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info