[3.25] ❄️ Icicle Mines Deadeye ❄️ Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

"
jddc78 wrote:
First off, love the guide. Love the commitment to the build. You did a fantastic job and much appreciated!

Curious how this stacks up compared to PS Locus Mines & Hexblast mines for 3.25? Been playing trying to play each of these up to white maps to get a feel for the leveling and this is super comfy later acts.

Mostly curious about:
1) At what point does this hit a wall without investment?
2) When you do hit a wall, what is the preferred next steps? Rathpith/Dissolution combo or just upgrading item by item and staying away from reservation?

I've seen lots of videos in past leagues where this build has been able to crush content once they have Mageblood / mirror tier gear. Guess I'm must wondering how well the "medium" version of this build performs. I really want to stick with one solid build for the first month and avoid FOMO while I save up for a Mageblood to roll into my 2nd build.

Any insights to help me make that decision would be appreciated. Keep up the good work!

I can tell you my experience with the 2 builds you mentioned. PS Locus Mines gonna be nuts this league, because it was buffed and only the sky will be the limit. Damage as currency wise. I dont think it has a very good div/dps ratio at all to start with (replica hyrri's e.g.). The same applies to Hexblast to a certain degree, although it is totally league-startable, but always more a bosser than a mapper (also who knows the changed rarity of Sandstorm Visage in 3.25).

I will leaguestart this build here also for the first time, but how I see it, you get the most bang for the buck, compared with fast mapping. This holds true even for the mid investment upgrades and the switch to shroud etc. I checked historically every gear piece and you will not need more than 10-15div for like 10m dps (the slower you are, the cheaper it gets). I'd assume that this is the first serious currency investment wall you hit. Whereas you might wanna look how the thresholds look like at PS Locus Mine & Hexblast. Also my personal opinion, every chaos you safe on gear (and not linking goddamn chests), can be invested in a atlas strategy and returned tenfold.
Last edited by Vortigaunt1337 on Jul 23, 2024, 1:28:43 PM
"
Also my personal opinion, every chaos you safe on gear (and not linking goddamn chests), can be invested in a atlas strategy and returned tenfold.

1000%. I did a test run with this build about a month or so back before quitting Necropolis and Bitterdream felt great even in white/yellow maps. I know there were incremental improvements I could have made to get this to Voidstones & T16s. The savings there is a big reason I will almost definitely start with this build.

Appreciate the context on Hexblast. I completely forgot that Sandstorm will be rarer and more expensive this league. That alone will all but eliminate it from my list. I've fallen for builds in the past that had a unique that never stopped escalating in price and will have a semi-slow start this league as I'll be unable to play for 1 of the first 3 weeks altogether.

Last question. What's your opinion on the Rathpith/Dissolution playstyle? I really wish I had continued my character before deleting him and tested this out. I notice everyone makes this leap at some point and there are tons of build videos with this combo being played smoothly and to great success. What am I missing? What are its downsides?
"
when we should swap pierce -> chain on tree?

You have to use the Pierce Support gem until you get pierce from tree or chain from lab. Then you can replace it with Trap and Mine Damage Support.
Hi! I said only about passive tree, in which moment we shoudl swap pierce nodes -> chain nodes?
chaos
"
kkkbik2 wrote:
Thanks for your build. Gonna try this league
Anything I need to notice about this?
From what I take a quick look, will need 3 green linked for poison concoc
then will be 3 blue 1 green to turn into Mine right. But I wonder any weapon should work or preferable 2H weapon?

For Pconc, you don't equip a weapon.
For Icicle, just loot rare wands and sceptres. Start a few Acts in advance.
You are looking for any kind of high flat damage to spells or increased spell / cold damage and gem levels. Keep in mind that you can also add a craft...
Last edited by 99prosorc on Jul 23, 2024, 3:03:55 PM
"
Hi! I said only about passive tree, in which moment we shoudl swap pierce nodes -> chain nodes?

I think I will always keep the pierce node this time!
"
jddc78 wrote:
"

Last question. What's your opinion on the Rathpith/Dissolution playstyle? I really wish I had continued my character before deleting him and tested this out. I notice everyone makes this leap at some point and there are tons of build videos with this combo being played smoothly and to great success. What am I missing? What are its downsides?

I never played the combo or this build, will be my first time. I tried to understand the wiki of rathpith, but I‘m not gifted in understanding PoE interaction. Wiki says it offsets the negatives from dissolution.
Do you have any filter that highlight some good stuff for league start?
Thank you for the excellent guide! I appreciate all the work you put into it.

Two quick questions:

when do you switch from pconc to icicle? It seems to me that pconc seems to fall off at the end of act 4. And do you get minefield in act 6 or do you ask a friend to get it for you in act 4?

Cheers!
If i remember correctly he swaps around act 6 start

But tbh, in affliction pcoc was bugged and i swapped around lvl 20 or so to icicle(asked a friend to buy gems) with heralds and such, not the perfect leveling but was somewhat smooth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info