widescreen resolution removed from the game.

TL;DR :
Just do something like Overwatch for Pete’s sake : 32:9++++ in standard, 21:9 maximum in the first idk 2-3 weeks of a league then after 32:9++++ and just have fun.

THE LONG VERSION :

Hey, I read about 10 pages of post. I totally agree that removing this feature after 10 years of supporting it willfully is, jacka** bad PR. Especially because it pisses off wealthy players that are the core financial support of GGG.

I played the game for years and years and years ( my steam oldest achievement goes back to 2016 ), and I started giving them money AFTER I was financially able to buy my CRG90 and had a good disposable income.

I ( and I think like a vast, vast majority ) never played the game competitively, so the argument of unfair advantage is absolutely out of the question. I literally played 3 league in close to 7 years of POE. 99% of my time is in standard.

I'm approaching POE for the esthetics of the game, the fun of the hack and slash, the casual play style.

Now the only reason why GGG would remove 32:9 is NOT some weird issue on their server. They would fix it or would have fixed it a long, long, long time ago. There are no entities popping in existence at the edge of the screen and would absolutely not be as much of an issue than 2 gigantic black bars.

This leads me to believe the only reason why they removed it is a race to the bottom of equality so if everyone can't afford something you can't use yours.

This argument for fairness would be valid IN A COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT !!!!! Which POE is not. The absolute only remote way I could see it competitive is the race in the beginning of a league.

The absolute lack of feedback and the locking of the thread in bug is personally appalling as a behaviour and this single total mishandling and break of trust makes me feel SO bad for having given them more money than I paid ANY game in all my history of gaming will surely result in years before I give any money again if ever. Which is ironic AF now that I could give them money having a disposable income.

Now to try to satisfy both sides I'd like to propose an idea. Not perfect as perfection would just be a simple roll back, but might be fine enough to remove the argument of fairness of the equation.

Just do something like Overwatch then for Pete’s sake : 32:9 in standard, 21:9 maximum in the first idk 2-3 weeks of a league then after 32:9 and just have fun.
Last edited by Miranina on Sep 1, 2022, 12:14:15 AM
100 percent agree. ^
I suspect they did it for technical reasons more than equality, but they should fix it before my friends quit!
"
I suspect they did it for technical reasons more than equality, but they should fix it before my friends quit!

The thing is, it's been working for 10 years.

If there were legitimate technical reasons for removing the feature, that makes them sound completely incompetent - they couldn't just solve the bugs, so they had to remove a feature that players have been using without complaint for years?

It just makes no sense. Nothing about this decision makes any kind of sense. It sounds like someone put the unpaid intern who has only ever played console games in charge.

Fix it, GGG.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Bump until fixed.
Totally agree... Bump, till fixed!
Bippity Boppity bump

Fix this stupidity
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 1, 2022, 5:18:12 PM
"

The servers and your client are literally still rendering everything. The black bars are like blinders on a horse, everything is still happening outside of them, you just can't see it.
"
Smooshfaced wrote:
"

The servers and your client are literally still rendering everything. The black bars are like blinders on a horse, everything is still happening outside of them, you just can't see it.

no, it's not.

everything happens on the server. and on the server there is a activation radius around your char which activates monsters which are processed by the server because they do stuff which needs to be calculated.

on the client side, everything shown needs to be rendered. but only the stuff in the activation radius on the server moves and make sense to be rendered.

the activation radius is designed for 16:9 monitors only, showing more left and right is only forcing the client to render dead content.

you can click in that content in ultrawide but that won't do anything cause it's not valid game content.

the only horses with blinders are the 3 guys bumping this thread and irritating people to no avail cause ggg is aware of the issue and will probably find a solution.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Jocker46 wrote:
RIP league... Oo

See you again, when it's fixed.

Yup. I didn't spend 2 grand on a 32:9 monitor to look at black bars.

RIP this game until they fix it

getgood
chances of getting a beta key 0.000001 %
Last edited by GunHammers on Sep 1, 2022, 6:50:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info