widescreen resolution removed from the game.

No, it wasn't cheating. No, it doesn't need to be zoomed in.

Let me just quote myself for all you white knights trying to make the "but muh cheats" argument:

"
tackle70 wrote:
1) PoE has existed for 11 years and this argument didn't exist - EVER - until 10 days ago

2) ZERO competitive players win competitive PoE events by using this supposed "cheat", meaning there is ZERO evidence that this provides a competitive advantage

3) By this same logic, 21:9 is a "cheat", but 21:9 is still allowed.

4) By this same logic, having a fast PC that can run PoE at 200fps instead of 60fps is a "cheat" because it allows you to react to everything much more quickly.

5) By this same logic, M/KB support should be disabled on PC because controllers are supported, and M/KB is basically "cheating" compared to playing on a controller.

6) PVP is not a thing in this game

7) Stop being an NPC white knight

8) GGG, Fix your game.

Take your white knighting elsewhere.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
Jocker46 wrote:
All it needs is visibility management. Some kind of fog of war or at least allowing the menus to be wider than 21:9. The current state is just the worst possible solution.

That seems to be the theme of their decisions recently, they deliberate choose the worst possible solution for literally every problem we currently have.
"
XeoTech wrote:
"
Jocker46 wrote:
All it needs is visibility management. Some kind of fog of war or at least allowing the menus to be wider than 21:9. The current state is just the worst possible solution.

That seems to be the theme of their decisions recently, they deliberate choose the worst possible solution for literally every problem we currently have.

The ideas behind what they are doing with the archnem/loot/crafting changes at least makes some kind of sense, the main problem is godawful execution.

But this decision? Honk honk clown world nonsense at every level. Not the tiniest shred of credibility to any part of their reasoning on this one.

The other changes are sloppy. This change is stupid.

kekw

Having a blast in D3 on 5120x1440.

Happily paid Blizzard $10 for a name change.

Money that GGG will not get until they fix it.
Last edited by XeoTech on Sep 2, 2022, 9:00:10 AM
"
XeoTech wrote:

kekw

Even with some of the shitty rendering that happens in D3 at 32:9, it's far better than black bars.
"
illeagle94 wrote:
"
XeoTech wrote:

kekw

Even with some of the shitty rendering that happens in D3 at 32:9, it's far better than black bars.

I haven't had D3 installed on my computer since 2013... maybe it's time...
Bump
I dont use ultra wide but this is a crazy level of ignorant and unacceptable from GGG. If 3.15 and 3.19 didn't show us they're going to be hubris-ridden with terrible decisions...good lord.
b
u
m
p

Fix this nonsense GGG
Bump.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info