widescreen resolution removed from the game.

Bump. Fix this stupid shit now.
Fix it!
If 32:9 is truly the one thing that pushes the limit of 'unfair' gameplay. Not a better CPU, GPU, Storage Device, Internet Connection, and even the specialty tabs. Quite puzzling. As much as I love this game, I guess that's that. Not worth playing or supporting anymore. It is what it is
"
If 32:9 is truly the one thing that pushes the limit of 'unfair' gameplay. Not a better CPU, GPU, Storage Device, Internet Connection, and even the specialty tabs. Quite puzzling. As much as I love this game, I guess that's that. Not worth playing or supporting anymore. It is what it is

If they really cared about everything being fair, they'd just hard cap the game at 1920x1080 resolution and 30fps.

It is a bunch of absolute clown world level nonsense to try and argue "we have to remove support beyond 21:9 because it's unfair".
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
I've been playing PoE for over 5 years on a 32:9 screen. This restriction is highly upsetting, up to the point where I'm wondering if I should keep playing or not, but I for sure will not invest any further money in the game until the support for ultrawide is back.

The explanations from GGG staff on this arbitrary limit is very light and not convincing. It's most likely not technical as the game has been working with ultrawide ratio for years.

During years of playing with mates, there are very very few times where I felt I had an advantage because I had an 32:9 ratio. I felt it was a disadvantage much more frequently as the HUD couldn't be resized, making it harder to monitor life, ES, mana, debuffs etc... as they were pushed on the side of the screen, outside my FOV. I probably died dozens of times during these years because of this.

I do not understand the reasons behind this limitation. Do the developers consider PoE as a competitive e-sport game now ? That's the only reason I see for cutting off ultrawide support.

Why restrict people because they have a supposedly small hardware advantage ? Are you also going to remove support for 144/240 Hz screens and lock the game to 60 fps for everyone, simply for the sake of equity ? I find playing a smoother high-fps game is actually much more of an edge that having a wider FoV.

Moreover this change makes the game uncomfortable to play, as nothing prevents the cursor from going on the black bars on the sides, disabling the use of the mouse until it's back on the pixels GGG deemed fair to render... No windowed or full screen option prevents this.

This whole thing killed the immersion of the game for ultrawide users and feels both pointless and highly frustrating. I mean there are hundreds of comments about this on the forum and Reddit, I haven't seen a single comment agreeing with this change...
Last edited by SattizatoR on Aug 31, 2022, 5:20:44 PM
"
SattizatoR wrote:
I've been playing PoE for over 5 years on a 32:9 screen. This restriction is highly upsetting, up to the point where I'm wondering if I should keep playing or not, but I for sure will not invest any further money in the game until the support for ultrawide is back.

The explanations from GGG staff on this arbitrary limit is very light and not convincing. It's most likely not technical as the game has been working with ultrawide ratio for years.

During years of playing with mates, there are very very few times where I felt I had an advantage because I had an 32:9 ratio. I felt it was a disadvantage much more frequently as the HUD couldn't be resized, making it harder to monitor life, ES, mana, debuffs etc... as they were pushed on the side of the screen, outside my FOV. I probably died dozens of times during these years because of this.

I do not understand the reasons behind this limitation. Do the developers consider PoE as a competitive e-sport game now ? That's the only reason I see for cutting off ultrawide support.

Why restrict people because they have a supposedly small hardware advantage ? Are you also going to remove support for 144/240 Hz screens and lock the game to 60 fps for everyone, simply for the sake of equity ? I find playing a smoother high-fps game is actually much more of an edge that having a wider FoV.

Moreover this change makes the game uncomfortable to play, as nothing prevents the cursor from going on the black bars on the sides, disabling the use of the mouse until it's back on the pixels GGG deemed fair to render... No windowed or full screen option prevents this.

This whole thing killed the immersion of the game for ultrawide users and feels both pointless and highly frustrating. I mean there are hundreds of comments about this on the forum and Reddit, I haven't seen a single comment agreeing with this change...

All very valid points, thank you. +1
Been playing for a long time now and never had an issue until now.
This change is major in my gaming experience and as such I cannot play until it is fix.
I am perplexed GGG is going backwards in terms of hardware support.

I guess Diablo 4 is the next step for me.

Adios GGG
It was a cheat get over its the game client doesn't provide benefit over 30 fps either
I am not by any means the most prolific spender or player of this game, but I have been spending for the four accounts of my family and myself over the last several years. My wife and I both have 32:9 monitors and have been playing the game successfully in full screen since we have had these monitors. This choice to remove the ability to play in these wider resolutions was not the right 'resolution' to the problem.

Yes, I make jokes, but only to show you that my frame of mind when saying this is not one of raging threat.

This might have been a different situation had I spent all the money I have at this point under the knowledge that I would just not ever be able to play at those resolutions. This was not the case though. I spent that money on the ability to use certain digital goods while playing the game at my monitor's resolution, in the way I prefer.

I go to login excited for the new league and am presented with this significantly downgraded experience.

I will be voting with my wallet. I will not spend any further money on this game as long as ultra-wide screen resolutions are not supported. My wife will not be spending any money on this game as long as ultra-wide screen resolutions are not supported. I don't know if we will ever play again, but I doubt we will have any inclination to do so any time soon with the ultra-'wide' variety of other games out there that haven't betrayed my trust by getting me to invest in an experience that is getting worse, not better over time.

- Nox and Lil
Removing 10+ year old working features for made up fake news reasons is not OK, GGG.

Fix this.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info