widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
vio wrote:
"
Smooshfaced wrote:
"
I suspect they did it for technical reasons more than equality, but they should fix it before my friends quit!

The servers and your client are literally still rendering everything. The black bars are like blinders on a horse, everything is still happening outside of them, you just can't see it.

no, it's not.

everything happens on the server. and on the server there is a activation radius around your char which activates monsters which are processed by the server because they do stuff which needs to be calculated.

on the client side, everything shown needs to be rendered. but only the stuff in the activation radius on the server moves and make sense to be rendered.

the activation radius is designed for 16:9 monitors only, showing more left and right is only forcing the client to render dead content.

you can click in that content in ultrawide but that won't do anything cause it's not valid game content.

the only horses with blinders are the 3 guys bumping this thread and irritating people to no avail cause ggg is aware of the issue and will probably find a solution.

Thanks for bumping the thread :)

For your information, it has been proven in 3.19 that the black bars are hardcoded there and cover up what is already being rendered just like 3.18. I'm not going into details but do some research and you'll find it. They literally did not change anything aside from hardcoded two black bars ONTOP of a rendered scene.

We need a response from GGG, not silence. Please give us a timeline, weeks? months? Next league? Instead of leaving us out to dry. It really is unprofessional as a developer to do this and it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

If 32:9 isn't fixed for another 2 months, we can stop bumping this thread, and we'll keep happily playing knowing it will be fixed. If this isn't planning on being fixed until POE2 then we'll all quit now and never come back.

The real funny thing is, most of us are whales. We invested money into top end monitors only to get shit on with no reason. We spend money on this game, and GGG should be recognizing that you do not piss off whales, if your game revolves around it.

We have asked politely, many times, for a response, and have gotten very unprofessional non-answers, multiple times. This justifies our response like this. This is all we can do.

There have been SEVEN PATCHES since 3.18 and the only response we have gotten was: "Sorry but its gone, deal with it"
Last edited by XeoTech on Sep 1, 2022, 7:20:29 PM
"
vio wrote:
"
Smooshfaced wrote:
"
I suspect they did it for technical reasons more than equality, but they should fix it before my friends quit!

The servers and your client are literally still rendering everything. The black bars are like blinders on a horse, everything is still happening outside of them, you just can't see it.

no, it's not.

everything happens on the server. and on the server there is a activation radius around your char which activates monsters which are processed by the server because they do stuff which needs to be calculated.

on the client side, everything shown needs to be rendered. but only the stuff in the activation radius on the server moves and make sense to be rendered.

the activation radius is designed for 16:9 monitors only, showing more left and right is only forcing the client to render dead content.

you can click in that content in ultrawide but that won't do anything cause it's not valid game content.

the only horses with blinders are the 3 guys bumping this thread and irritating people to no avail cause ggg is aware of the issue and will probably find a solution.

You can say "no" as much as you want, the fact is that the game on client side still renders things behind the black bars.

As I previously said, I didn't get any gain in GPU performance/usage on this league compared to 3.18, that I played in full 32:9, with exactly the same settings and same gear (R9 5900x, RTX3080). The only reasonable explaination is that the game still have the same behaviour client side (seems very unlikely to have a 33% performance loss on a patch without any visual changes).
Other than just checking my perfs, there are even more solid evidences over this claim, and over the fact that it runs the same way as 3.18 server side too, do some search you 'll find it quite fast.

As for server side serialisation, the issue is not new and made some entities disepear on the edges. That is a completely acceptable issue, as long as 32:9 isn't fully supported (and that is what they are working on I think). There were complaints about some issues with ultrawide support, but everyone was at least happy to have it, it still is better than those black bars.
Last edited by onexxx on Sep 1, 2022, 7:30:44 PM
Hmm... guess GGG is saying we should use third party software to fix their shit. Oo
It was cheating and needed to be fixed.
White knights gonna white knight with their fake arguments and irrational posts.

Bump.

Fix this silly nonsense GGG.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 1, 2022, 8:57:18 PM
Fix it!
Fix it! It is inacceptable not to support modern hardware.
"
plaguefear wrote:
It was cheating and needed to be fixed.

give them widescreen, just zoom in so its not a blatant advantage.
because then it will become basically required to play this game.
because GGG loves to balance the game around mirror tier lvl100 characters who are immune to damage. add having Hammer Head shark vision to the equation please. it will be great.
chances of getting a beta key 0.000001 %
true.
All it needs is visibility management. Some kind of fog of war or at least allowing the menus to be wider than 21:9. The current state is just the worst possible solution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info