widescreen resolution removed from the game.

This game has had ultrawide support ever since I started playing years and years ago. Why now? Why? Patch notes and league trailer revealed a UI revamp for ultrawide and you remove all support? I don’t understand what’s happening with this game. I love path of exile and some of these changes just make no sense. Please reconsider. This is such a pointless change to a big part of how a lot of people play path of exile. Please.
Bump.
A statement needs to be made about the development timeline.
Not purchasing any MTX or supporter packs until this is reverted.
I don't have a widescreen, but this seems like the sort of thing that should get some pretty high priority.
Bump
Im on 38 ultra wide my wide screen seems "fine"... what am I missing, I had to "toggle on/off" fulscreen full time to make it work tho.

But +1 if its broken for wider ones so please fix!

Also let me move hp/mana bars closer to centre, do you people at GGG know how hard it is to see those stats when u have wide screen?
Stop being dumb and fix this, GGG.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Bex replied about this here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/x21vgr/comment/imh8k1m/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Again, another non-answer. They're dodging this issue for some reason and it has me suspicious of something. The fact that 32:9 still "works" with the community fix has me wondering what the motivation behind this actually is. It seems like this was a last minute decision by a novice programmer who slapped a bandaid fix on something they thought was a "problem" by rendering black bars and somehow somewhere a GGG manager/senior engineer OK'ed this change. Whoever OK'ed this change needs to have their head examined.

The black bars literally do NOTHING AT ALL aside from piss people off. If you remove the black bars with the community fix the game still functions exactly the same as in 3.18, so this "fix" did essentially nothing.

Here's a comment in that same reddit post with 250+ upvotes and no response from Bex:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/x21vgr/comment/imh1d38/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

We are not some small minority here.
Last edited by XeoTech on Aug 31, 2022, 9:13:08 AM
"
XeoTech wrote:
Bex replied about this here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/x21vgr/comment/imh8k1m/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Again, another non-answer. They're dodging this issue for some reason and it has me suspicious of something. The fact that 32:9 still "works" with the community fix has me wondering what the motivation behind this actually is. It seems like this was a last minute decision by a novice programmer who slapped a bandaid fix on something they thought was a "problem" by rendering black bars and somehow somewhere a GGG manager/senior engineer OK'ed this change. Whoever OK'ed this change needs to have their head examined.

The black bars literally do NOTHING AT ALL aside from piss people off. If you remove the black bars with the community fix the game still functions exactly the same as in 3.18, so this "fix" did essentially nothing.

Here's a comment in that same reddit post with 250+ upvotes and no response from Bex:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/x21vgr/comment/imh1d38/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

We are not some small minority here.

It's worse than a non-answer. It is an answer of "we already dealt with this" i.e. "Sorry suckers, thanks for the support but we're not supporting your screen resolution anymore because reasons"

They are not working on this. They do not agree it's a bad decision. They think their fart doesn't stink.

They straight up removed a feature that's been in their game for 10+ years, for zero even remotely legitimate reasons, and have declared it an immutably good decision for the game.

RIP Path of Exile 2012-2022.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 31, 2022, 9:33:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info