"
Meutrich wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Meutrich wrote:
Hi!
Got late into the league.
So right now, i‘m approaching red maps and enjoy the great build.
What i don‘t understand, and what is not in the build mechanics:
Why stop levelling CwC at lvl 16?

Short answer : it's more DPS.

Long answer : Since we can have a maximum of 5 storms active at one time, proccing the spell too often will cause it to end a storm early. The lvl 15-16 is calculated for optimal uptime of storms while mapping. There's a link to the post with the complete calculations in the guide under Sockets and Links -- Weapon.

Thanks for the answer.
Actually, the link took me one page to far. The calc was on the page before..
The Wiki states icestorm duration scaling as +0.1 sec per 100 int.
That implies to me, the higher our int is, the less we want more cast speed, as we are cannibalizing our storms, that are up, especially for single targets?
So no more cast speed except the staff?

On the single target staff, unless the target is super stationary (it takes about 1.5 seconds to fully ramp up the damage), you will hardly get 5 storms on them, so you'd benefit from casting speed to ramp up on the new location faster when they move. If you could ramp up in 0.8 seconds instead of 1.5 seconds, for example, then from 0.8 to 1.5 second, you'd be dealing more damage, which would happen every time the boss moves. That difference in damage is more important than the damage lost because of the sixth storm interrupting the first one.

For the channeling staff, the calculation is not based on total duration of storms, but on the timing of specific hits. My last post was misleading now that I reread it. There's a new projectile every 0.2 seconds, so if you interrupt the storm after 0.15 seconds, it will not generate that specific ice spike and you lost 0.15 second of DPS. The objective is for the storm to last a multiple of 0.2 seconds, hence the lvl 16.

Hope that clears it up!
"
whiterockxx wrote:
Nowdays i preffer to use lvl 5 or 6 ACwC

i used it as soon as i could get it plus being stun immune helps when you are not as good of a player lol
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
I don't know why I got into this crucible staff, much more pain than profit, everything in the game can be done without this crucible tree... I've spent more than 9k chance orbs + scourings and I only hit one... my wrists they can't take any more clicks, I'm too old for this xD this here is exercising insanity over rationality xD

1k chance orb = 200c
1k scouring = 800c
To make the base with the right tree I spent approximately 14 divs, from what I understood, the chance of success is 30% per attempt.

Altogether, 54 divs are gone, and the last staff still needs to be chanced. I've been at a point where it's okay to waste currency for a long time, but if you're not, don't get into it! Everything in the game can be done without it!

That's was a tip for those who haven't tried it yet and are wondering if they should.
Last edited by whiterockxx on May 7, 2023, 10:54:38 PM
How much weapons like that worth in the market? Those with a tree like mines? I saw a few between 60div to 1 mirror but I have no idea what is the true price for them…
"
whiterockxx wrote:
I don't know why I got into this crucible staff, much more pain than profit, everything in the game can be done without this crucible tree... I've spent more than 9k chance orbs + scourings and I only hit one... my wrists they can't take any more clicks, I'm too old for this xD this here is exercising insanity over rationality xD

1k chance orb = 200c
1k scouring = 800c
To make the base with the right tree I spent approximately 14 divs, from what I understood, the chance of success is 30% per attempt.

Altogether, 54 divs are gone, and the last staff still needs to be chanced. I've been at a point where it's okay to waste currency for a long time, but if you're not, don't get into it! Everything in the game can be done without it!

That's was a tip for those who haven't tried it yet and are wondering if they should.

I'm still trying to fit the 5th passive just because...

It drives me insane
"
whiterockxx wrote:

1k chance orb = 200c
1k scouring = 800c

as i said before, i didn't make this item for league content, i wanted it for standard (in case this league goes away in the future)
"
gruumine wrote:
as i said before, i didn't make this item for league content, i wanted it for standard (in case this league goes away in the future)

i played league at the start. couple days in and was almost out of the acts. then the market turned upside down with prices going nuts. with my rng being as bad as it is, i dropped league and went back to standard. all that said, i will not be getting any of these op staves lol
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Hey, I seem to be dying more than I think I should be (may just be because I'm a noob) would appreciate if you could check my profile and PM me any advice :)

Loving the build so far though, super fun!
"
R4f3 wrote:
Hey, I seem to be dying more than I think I should be (may just be because I'm a noob) would appreciate if you could check my profile and PM me any advice :)

Loving the build so far though, super fun!

Your characters aren't visible. You'll need to make them visible and/or provide a PoB for anyone to look at it.
After a few weeks now i got my raw staffs:

but after more than 10 divines i gotta say chancing the staffs sounded a lot better in theory than reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info