[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Can a synthesized unset ring still roll the +# socketed gems mod?
"
HanibAAAl wrote:
Can a synthesized unset ring still roll the +# socketed gems mod?

I believe both Unset Rings and Bone Rings keep their specific mods in the possible pool, even when synthesized.
I finally got my second staff for bossing!

Unfortunate that a "increased leech per second" and a "less area of effect" on the crucible tree are behind a "-crit for spell" node, but even without a crucible tree, that's a massive upgrade for bosses.

I'm closing in one 100 hours on /played.

My first staff dropped naturally with +44% rarity on the ring for crit kills, an item rarity support, a Gold flask and the Helmet enchant for extra rarity for rares and uniques. Tree specced into Quant/rarity, top hat for modifiers and Blight. From the 50 hours mark onwards, I've been farming Museum T16s with at least +75% quant, often 85%+, and T14+ blight maps whenever I got them to drop.

My second staff I just got from four Incantation cards. I farmed at least 20 hours of T13 Waste Pool and didn't get a single one, so I wouldn't recommend that route. I opened two from Stacked deck (Blighted maps drop 8-15 each). I got the last two in the last 10 hours of gameplay or so through running three T13 Blighted Waste Pool maps annointed with Gold + Opalescent + Amber and rolled to 85%+ quant. Don't know if I was just lucky or if the drop rate is really good in appropriate blighted maps.

Still waiting on The Stampede while fully specced into Blight and two more Polymath cards from Museum maps to get an Astramentis, but this will drastically increased my clear time of uniques, rares and bosses. The average hit is double what I had on CwC and the tighter area of effect means more hits on a single target.

I might try to get a third watchstone from Maven soon or Blight-ravaged maps. Wish me luck :P
Last edited by WinterHiko on May 5, 2023, 10:57:44 AM
So synthesized rings are crazy expensive right now. Whats the best place I could upgrade on my current build without spending 10+ divs on a single item?

https://poe.ninja/pob/bcG
"
CptJesus wrote:
So synthesized rings are crazy expensive right now. Whats the best place I could upgrade on my current build without spending 10+ divs on a single item?

https://poe.ninja/pob/bcG

You could get a better Watcher's Eye with cold pen of flat damage with Hatred.

Your helmet could be upgraded to have more ES.

Your gloves prefixes could be upgraded. You have +mana which is not useful and a crafted prefix. Craft a "suffixes cannot be changed" and hit it with a Veiled Chaos orb or another crafting option.

Your belt really could use some work. Buy a bunch of Essences of Spite and go to town on rerolling. Just in cas you don't know, Increased ele dmg with attack skills doesn't work with Icestorm.

Roll your implicits on Body Armour as a priority. Increased Hatred effect could give you 3-4% more damage and crit damage for spell another 3%, at the lowest tier.

Nature's Patience would also be another nice upgrade when you can stay stationnary.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by WinterHiko on May 6, 2023, 9:31:56 AM
Have to say this is a very nice build, very safe playstyle and good bossing (did all uber pinnacles and simu 30, feared etc).

Crafting the crucitrees on the staff was a chore, but not that bad since the build is able to do 100% buffed crucibles almost always without dying. Big shoutout to @kasar_dobi for the detailed explanation on page 180 and @WinterHiko for their help for various questions.

Only thing left to try is flawless chayula but I doubt I'll be able to do it as clearspeed is not S tier and I'm too lazy to experiment different setups with HoI.

Finally, this is the first league where I do 40/40 since harvest I think, just because I liked this build so much, so thanks Kelvynn!
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on May 6, 2023, 2:32:45 PM
Hi!
Got late into the league.
So right now, i‘m approaching red maps and enjoy the great build.
What i don‘t understand, and what is not in the build mechanics:
Why stop levelling CwC at lvl 16?
"
Meutrich wrote:
Hi!

Short answer : it's more DPS.

Long answer : Since we can have a maximum of 5 storms active at one time, proccing the spell too often will cause it to end a storm early. The lvl 15-16 is calculated for optimal uptime of storms while mapping. There's a link to the post with the complete calculations in the guide under Sockets and Links -- Weapon.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Meutrich wrote:
Hi!

Short answer : it's more DPS.

Long answer : Since we can have a maximum of 5 storms active at one time, proccing the spell too often will cause it to end a storm early. The lvl 15-16 is calculated for optimal uptime of storms while mapping. There's a link to the post with the complete calculations in the guide under Sockets and Links -- Weapon.

Thanks for the answer.
Actually, the link took me one page to far. The calc was on the page before..
The Wiki states icestorm duration scaling as +0.1 sec per 100 int.
That implies to me, the higher our int is, the less we want more cast speed, as we are cannibalizing our storms, that are up, especially for single targets?
So no more cast speed except the staff?
cast speed only counts using self cast so on boss staff is better to have 12%.

The lvl 16 CwC was used in the past, when we only used the same staff for bosses ans mapping.

Nowdays i preffer to use lvl 5 or 6 ACwC because it procs the storm faster and feel better with high damage when mapping.

But it is personal.
Last edited by whiterockxx on May 7, 2023, 12:16:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info