[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Firestrike9 wrote:

Dont buy scourings, buy only chance orbs for chaos, they are 12-14 per 1 chaos, while scourings are 1.6 per 1 chaos, you can convert chance to scouring at 4:1 ratio at the vendors making you get twice as many scourings per chaos.

I bought 4000-6000 chance orbs at a time, divide the number by 5 and thats how many attempts you get (since 80% of your chances are converted to scouring, the remaining chances you use).

I've spent 8000 chance attempts on one staff, that would've been 40 div if i just bought the scourings, instead I spent "only" 15 div on my unluck.
2nd staff chanced in 200 chances.

Sadly chance orbs went up to like 6 or even just 5 per chaos the last 2 days. The first 3-4k I bought like you said for 10+ per chaos and converted to scourings, now it's just stupidly expensive, too expensive probably for how much I've left right now.

Crucible sucks. The whole snipe trade -> imprint -> run map -> get a fucked tree back -> repeat loop is already a really bad experience. But for uniques it's even worse with having to chance them after that. I should've just played the game instead, now I'm stuck with 2 "perfect" staffs that I can't do anything with. Should've just opted for that stupid totem build with a rare weapon like everyone else...
Honestly, you can do all content without crucible bonuses. If it's painful for you, you can skip it.
I want to talk about bossing gem setup

Since Kalandra i tested different boss gem setups and came to conclusion that cast speed is criminally underrated here. Now after i did around 200 ubers, pleny invitations this league im very confident that faster casting support superior to other options both offensively and defensively. It let us stutter step because of faster cast animation and move from danger, ramp damage much faster. Most bosses move and teleport a lot, so i feel that with faster casting i kill some of them 2x+ faster.

We max at 5 storms, without FC i reach full dps after 2.35 seconds, and 1.75 with FC. my skill effect duration for storms is 3.7 seconds. So we have much smaller window to move from danger during fights and moving without FC feels clunky and delayed. 90% bosses in game move/teleport every 3-5s and how much dps we lose ramping our dps at new locations again and again. Its obv hard to calcualte. I tested white uber ~ stationary searing exarch and even then i feel killing time difference gap is big. But take eater of worlds that love to jump around or last stage maven where you need to move and chase her and there be light years difference.

I know its nice to achieve higher number on average hit but i would take smoothness of gameplay over dps any day, but in this case i feel we lose average hit in POB(my actually show full dps increase) but gain actuall dps in different game scenarios
also some thoughts/tips

1. There is ~new feature in Pob that let us search for upgrades calculating the weights and easy to use. Go to "items" -> at top "Trade for these items", at top right you can adjust search weights and after choose item slot, press find best and cntr click to open trade site. Trade site always sort by price for deafult so you need to click "Sum" after item mods and enjoy your cheap upgrades. I think its powerfull tool for start-mid of character building, but thanks to Kelvynn we already know what stats and bis items we want to see in the end setup so its not that usefull, still very good to find jewels that usually have plenty of different stat combinations.

2. For those who dont like cast curses on damage taking i suggest to try hextouch blink setup. Everything i want to be cursed is cursed on sight with 100% uptime.

3. One step ahead is so good for mapping. Also Armour and energy shield mastery 10% phys to chaos is very powerfull for few points you may face tank more reliably during ubers (+ still 3% more dmg)

4. Oriaths End's amazing flask for us, imporove clearing time, a bit costly tho.

later i plan to test double corrupted headhunter and mageblood with int%/hatred/smth for endgame
Last edited by lev1afun on May 2, 2023, 12:38:21 PM
Where do you pull points from to allocate Sovereignty to switch to Hatred?

Currently trying to figure out best next steps I can take on my build:

https://pobb.in/YwhHrfL_WiBp

I've got 1 more Cluster to switch over as well.

As a side note, does the map mob Cannot Leech from Enemies affect this build?
"
lev1afun wrote:
I want to talk about bossing gem setup

Since Kalandra i tested different boss gem setups and came to conclusion that cast speed is criminally underrated here. Now after i did around 200 ubers, pleny invitations this league im very confident that faster casting support superior to other options both offensively and defensively. It let us stutter step because of faster cast animation and move from danger, ramp damage much faster. Most bosses move and teleport a lot, so i feel that with faster casting i kill some of them 2x+ faster.

We max at 5 storms, without FC i reach full dps after 2.35 seconds, and 1.75 with FC. my skill effect duration for storms is 3.7 seconds. So we have much smaller window to move from danger during fights and moving without FC feels clunky and delayed. 90% bosses in game move/teleport every 3-5s and how much dps we lose ramping our dps at new locations again and again. Its obv hard to calcualte. I tested white uber ~ stationary searing exarch and even then i feel killing time difference gap is big. But take eater of worlds that love to jump around or last stage maven where you need to move and chase her and there be light years difference.

I know its nice to achieve higher number on average hit but i would take smoothness of gameplay over dps any day, but in this case i feel we lose average hit in POB(my actually show full dps increase) but gain actuall dps in different game scenarios

The variant of the build proposed by Kelvynn relies on moving as little as possible for extra DPS during boss fight while face-tanking everything that you can (hence Nature's Patience, for example). Faster Casting is kind of antisynergistic. If you rely on face-tanking and only occasionally Forstblink out of the big hits like Shaper Slam, then Faster Casting is less useful.

Not to say that your suggestion isn't good, just that it's a different playstyle.

As for your other suggestions :

- PoB new feature : this is really a great addition for trade league, especially when starting out. Thanks for pointing it out!
- Casting Curses : I believe some people were also using Vortex, as we are already dropping it on bosses. Frostblink is a great variant too, especially with your more mobile playstyle. I think those three options are great, though Ball Lightning might be safer, especially against bosses, and if we're using a more immobile playstyle, more reliable.
- Phys to Chaos is great for extra tankiness, as is the Evasion Mastery for EV per int. I think in Kelvynn's build, they decided those were overkill on the survivability angle and more damage was more useful (more damage = less time fighting the boss, which means less damage taken anyway). However, it's a great choice for anyone who wants it.
- Oriath's End is also super great, though also super costly.
"
CptJesus wrote:

You're still level 93. Going to 95 will provide two.

The Watcher's Eye is usually slotted top, with the jewel slot it currently occupies being unallocated, which gives you one more.

I can't see on the website where your points are allocated with the clusters, but you might be able to find the last point there. You can also level to 96.

Cannot Leech prevents our ES leech, so it's very detrimental, but you still get ES from Polymath on kill and regular regen. Not worth it IMO and I always roll over it.
"
CptJesus wrote:

you can pull them from dreamer in your tree
also, you can anoint whispers of doom to save the skill points

and yes, cannot leech from enemies affect the build, you absolutely cannot do those maps
"
Akisailent wrote:
Made 2 variants of the staff: First one for my non-crit scion build in standard, second one for crit trickster. Still need to finish chancing the second variant (7k so far...)

very nice
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
The only problem so far i have is flawless chayula breachstones. On paper we should do them easy, but no
All ubers are trouble-free, but i already failed 2/3 breachstones. I know that they roll random modifiers and therefore can be tricky with extra life, reduce crit, ele res, etc.; rares there take some time with our clear setup and boss staff just way to slow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info