[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
GG my friend !

very brave is the path you choose exile, i'm actually thinking about trying this build in a SSF but pfiouuuu, i dont know how difficult it is and i'm already afraid xD

It's really nto the best build for starting SSF. It requires a lot of specialized gear. I still don't have Stampedes, despite being fully specced into Blight. Split Personnalities are just a fever dream. Synthesized stuff is almost impossible to farm for.

I wouldn't recommend. I just love the build and have way too much time on my hand.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
GG my friend !

very brave is the path you choose exile, i'm actually thinking about trying this build in a SSF but pfiouuuu, i dont know how difficult it is and i'm already afraid xD

It's really nto the best build for starting SSF. It requires a lot of specialized gear. I still don't have Stampedes, despite being fully specced into Blight. Split Personnalities are just a fever dream. Synthesized stuff is almost impossible to farm for.

I wouldn't recommend. I just love the build and have way too much time on my hand.

yeah i can imagine, but if i do it it will be to play in std, so time is not a problem
anyway, i will finish minmax the one i play now before any SSF adventure

its just that SSF is so satisfying, every improve you make, every stepis a victory, for me ssf is the real game (i insist on "for me", everyone plays as he wants)

ps : about rings did you try to farm corrupt rings ? before my synthesized ring i had 2 very good corrupted rings with +40 to intel more or less and implicit 6% increased intel
and one of those had hatred lvl21, it can be a way (i dont knox for hatred but for implicit i remember i looted couple of them without looking for it so maybe it can be realistic)
Last edited by pat_hibulaire on Apr 30, 2023, 8:45:07 PM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Necro_42739 wrote:
Is CwC being lvl 16 still relevant?

I am asking bc in the past it seemed relevant because we used it for bossing. These days we use selfcast for bosses, and I don't see where we stand still on maps for 2+ seconds.

Also is there a Dev Answer of there is the Icicle created exactly at the 2.8s Mark.

Kelvynn made some specific calculations earlier in the thread. Lvl16 is still where it's at. You can find their post and the whole calculation is there.

I've read that and this info is kinda old and maybe outdated, because as I said, in the past CwC was used for bossing, too. That is exactly why I asked.
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:

yeah i can imagine, but if i do it it will be to play in std, so time is not a problem

its just that SSF is so satisfying, every improve you make, every stepis a victory, for me ssf is the real game (i insist on "for me", everyone plays as he wants)

ps : about rings did you try to farm corrupt rings ? before my synthesized ring i had 2 very good corrupted rings with +40 to intel more or less and implicit 6% increased intel
and one of those had hatred lvl21, it can be a way (i dont knox for hatred but for implicit i remember i looted couple of them without looking for it so maybe it can be realistic)

Yeah, when you have the time, SSF can really stretch things out and make each upgrade a great feeling!

How would you go about farming corrupted rings? Rolling them and Vaaling seems very difficult to do. Corrupted strongboxes + Vaal areas I guess? It's a great idea though! I'll consider it.
Last edited by WinterHiko on May 1, 2023, 7:13:18 AM
Made 2 variants of the staff: First one for my non-crit scion build in standard, second one for crit trickster. Still need to finish chancing the second variant (7k so far...)

Last edited by Akisailent on May 1, 2023, 7:48:01 AM
"
Akisailent wrote:
Made 2 variants of the staff: First one for my non-crit scion build in standard, second one for crit trickster. Still need to finish chancing the second variant (7k so far...)

Very very nice!

How good and relevant is the Cyclone Knockback Direction?
"
Necro_42739 wrote:
"
Akisailent wrote:

Very very nice!

How good and relevant is the Cyclone Knockback Direction?

Not much, the build doesnt focus on accuracy stacking (beside the acuracy gained from dexterity), so the rate at which you actually hit the enemies with cyclone is not that great. I still need to try it out to see how many times I hit enemies, for sure it can help bring the enemies closer to you while cycloning around, but its more of a min/maxing as thats the only skill in the 5th slot that can do anything for this build.
Last edited by Akisailent on May 1, 2023, 10:26:24 AM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:

How would you go about farming corrupted rings? Rolling them and Vaaling seems very difficult to do. Corrupted strongboxes + Vaal areas I guess? It's a great idea though! I'll consider it.

for me it was vaal areas yes, but i dont know if corrupted strongboxes can be a better way

"
gawdqt wrote:
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
"
lev1afun wrote:
@Firestrike9
gz, i still postponing this torture

Second one in 200 chances, go figure.

can i make the background of my weapon this "spacy" too?

just "finished"(800 chances) my crucible weapon and the forge upgraded the first node to 20% global dmg and the second node mutated from spellcrit.. to 30% evasion :D

doesnt even feel bad, 1200 evasion and somehow 1000 es more wearing this weapon =>

Is there anything I need to care for? Afaik neither ilvl nor location matters for chances, right? I'm at over 1000 now and wonder if I do it right, considering it's like a divine for each 200 tries :/
"

Is there anything I need to care for? Afaik neither ilvl nor location matters for chances, right? I'm at over 1000 now and wonder if I do it right, considering it's like a divine for each 200 tries :/

Dont buy scourings, buy only chance orbs for chaos, they are 12-14 per 1 chaos, while scourings are 1.6 per 1 chaos, you can convert chance to scouring at 4:1 ratio at the vendors making you get twice as many scourings per chaos.

I bought 4000-6000 chance orbs at a time, divide the number by 5 and thats how many attempts you get (since 80% of your chances are converted to scouring, the remaining chances you use).

I've spent 8000 chance attempts on one staff, that would've been 40 div if i just bought the scourings, instead I spent "only" 15 div on my unluck.
2nd staff chanced in 200 chances.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info