[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
ok thanks a lot, but so you mean "if i'm struggling with bosse's maps" ? sorry just to be sure

If you need more damage during regular mapping, for example if you're running high delirious maps or simulacrum, you might want to reroll.

However, if you have enough damage for regular mapping, killing pinnacle bosses faster can be a better option.

Put another way, you need all the damage you can get to kill Maven and Sirus, but at some point, enemies die so fast in T16s that having more damage doesn't make you go faster.
ok but the goal is to have "while a unique enemy is in your presence, 5% increased damage per 100 intelligence" so anyway it not helps for regular mapping like delirious maps or simulacrum no ?

I'm currently at like 25k tooltip damage without buffs for my mapping icestorm.. how are you guys getting up to millions of tooltip damage? Even if I get the rest of the gear mentioned in the guide.. doesn't seem like my DPS will skyrocket that much
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
ok but the goal is to have "while a unique enemy is in your presence, 5% increased damage per 100 intelligence" so anyway it not helps for regular mapping like delirious maps or simulacrum no ?

Delirious mapping and simulacrum both have beefy uniques (the three delirium bosses).
"
KiraDoodle wrote:
I'm currently at like 25k tooltip damage without buffs for my mapping icestorm.. how are you guys getting up to millions of tooltip damage? Even if I get the rest of the gear mentioned in the guide.. doesn't seem like my DPS will skyrocket that much

Here is a more detailed explanation I posted earlier in the thread :

"
This build has many moving pieces that work off each other :

- Flat intelligence modifiers, which give flat damage on staff and multiplies ES;
- Damage per intelligence, which multiplies the flat damage from the staff;
- %intelligence modifiers, which multiply the flat int;
- Elemental resist reduction, which multiplies all damage;
- Leech, which benefits both from total ES (as you can leech a % of your max ES) and specific leech nodes;
- Crit, which multiplies damage again;
- Increased damage taken (punishment and Unnerve on gloves), which multiplies damage again.

[...]

However, more generally, think of the damage of this build this way :

Int flat damage X resistances X total increased damage modifiers X crit X increased damage taken

If you raise only one part of the equation, it's not as potent as raising each part, since they play off each other. To illustrate, let's imagine the numbers are like this :

10 (flat damage) X 0.5 (50% res) X 4 (400% total increased damage) X 2 (50% chance to crits for 200% more damage) 1.4 (40% increased damage taken) = 56 damage.

If you raise only int and your flat damage is quadrupled, your new damage would simply be four times, so 224.

If, however, you double damage on each part of the equation, then it becomes :

20 flat X 1 (0% res) X 8 (800% increased) X 5 (100% to crit for 400% more) X 1.8 (80% increased damage taken) = 1 440, or 7 times more damage.

It's a crude image, but it's to illustrate how multiplicative elements bounce off each other exponentially.

PoE is all about exponential growth via multipliers stacking. This is why we love to get flat increases on top of % increases. This is why having 80% of five multipliers, which seems like being *almost there*, will result in 32% of the damage. This is also why people will talk about %more damage when evaluating options, instead of flat damage. The more the build progresses and you min-max your items, the more each upgrade will add damage or defenses.

Hope this makes it clearer!
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:

Delirious mapping and simulacrum both have beefy uniques (the three delirium bosses).

okok i see i was afraid to miss something here, thank you for your patience xD
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
KiraDoodle wrote:

Here is a more detailed explanation I posted earlier in the thread :

"
This build has many moving pieces that work off each other :

- Flat intelligence modifiers, which give flat damage on staff and multiplies ES;
- Damage per intelligence, which multiplies the flat damage from the staff;
- %intelligence modifiers, which multiply the flat int;
- Elemental resist reduction, which multiplies all damage;
- Leech, which benefits both from total ES (as you can leech a % of your max ES) and specific leech nodes;
- Crit, which multiplies damage again;
- Increased damage taken (punishment and Unnerve on gloves), which multiplies damage again.

[...]

However, more generally, think of the damage of this build this way :

Int flat damage X resistances X total increased damage modifiers X crit X increased damage taken

If you raise only one part of the equation, it's not as potent as raising each part, since they play off each other. To illustrate, let's imagine the numbers are like this :

10 (flat damage) X 0.5 (50% res) X 4 (400% total increased damage) X 2 (50% chance to crits for 200% more damage) 1.4 (40% increased damage taken) = 56 damage.

If you raise only int and your flat damage is quadrupled, your new damage would simply be four times, so 224.

If, however, you double damage on each part of the equation, then it becomes :

20 flat X 1 (0% res) X 8 (800% increased) X 5 (100% to crit for 400% more) X 1.8 (80% increased damage taken) = 1 440, or 7 times more damage.

It's a crude image, but it's to illustrate how multiplicative elements bounce off each other exponentially.

PoE is all about exponential growth via multipliers stacking. This is why we love to get flat increases on top of % increases. This is why having 80% of five multipliers, which seems like being *almost there*, will result in 32% of the damage. This is also why people will talk about %more damage when evaluating options, instead of flat damage. The more the build progresses and you min-max your items, the more each upgrade will add damage or defenses.

Hope this makes it clearer!

Thanks alot! if it's not too much trouble, could i get you to help look at what's my best 'bang-for-buck' upgrades given my current set up?
Can you post your PoB?
O.K. I usually run harbi's and have noticed them being spicier than normal this league. I think I may have pinpointed why I am having trouble. I noticed getting hit with Executioners Presence quite a bit on harbi bosses and getting one shotted almost instantly. Anyone have a counter for this?
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Can you post your PoB?

Not sure if I imported my build correctly into POB. Literally just figured out that i can import builds from game into POB directly haha

https://pastebin.com/MMPSAV2Y

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info