[3.25] Cassie's ⚡ Galvanic Arc ⚡ Inquisitor | 40M DPS | League Starter to Ubers & 40/40 | SoK-READY

Starting to die by an odd mechanic quite often at T15-16+ maps. Just completely drains the Energy Shield in 3-4 seconds, and then since we have near zero HP, it 1 shots. Not sure if it's burning ground... or what specifically, but noticed it on Lighthouse T16 and on T16 Orchard (Eater of Worlds).

Does Eater maps cause the same burning ground that nearly instant kills us?
"
Starting to die by an odd mechanic quite often at T15-16+ maps. Just completely drains the Energy Shield in 3-4 seconds, and then since we have near zero HP, it 1 shots. Not sure if it's burning ground... or what specifically, but noticed it on Lighthouse T16 and on T16 Orchard (Eater of Worlds).

It could be burning ground, or minus max res map mod, or both. Maybe Corrupted Blood if you didn't finish your flasks and pantheons? But yea exarch ground can be pretty deadly if you're not careful.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
"
Cassie322 wrote:
"

It could be burning ground, or minus max res map mod, or both. Maybe Corrupted Blood if you didn't finish your flasks and pantheons? But yea exarch ground can be pretty deadly if you're not careful.

Yeah flasks are all good! Might have been some kind of burning ground, or chaos degen?

Also... I didn't realize that all our Atlas nodes for Blight, dont apply to blight maps ;( like the 20% Chests to be opened again, cry.
"
"
Cassie322 wrote:
"

Yeah flasks are all good! Might have been some kind of burning ground, or chaos degen?

Also... I didn't realize that all our Atlas nodes for Blight, dont apply to blight maps ;( like the 20% Chests to be opened again, cry.

The good news is ravaged maps are insane loot anyway
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
"
Cassie322 wrote:

It could be burning ground, or minus max res map mod, or both. Maybe Corrupted Blood if you didn't finish your flasks and pantheons? But yea exarch ground can be pretty deadly if you're not careful.[/quote]

Also... I didn't realize that all our Atlas nodes for Blight, dont apply to blight maps ;( like the 20% Chests to be opened again, cry.[/quote]

The good news is ravaged maps are insane loot anyway[/quote]

Are they a low drop? I've done about... 7-8 Tier 14-16 Blight maps at them oment, haven't had a single one drop, guessing fairly rare? Oh! Also do Blight Ravageds, drop in Blight Ravageds? hahaha

-- EDIT ---
As I was writing this message, my first Blight Ravaged map dropped. The secret to success, complaining.
"

Are they a low drop? I've done about... 7-8 Tier 14-16 Blight maps at them oment, haven't had a single one drop, guessing fairly rare? Oh! Also do Blight Ravageds, drop in Blight Ravageds? hahaha

-- EDIT ---
As I was writing this message, my first Blight Ravaged map dropped. The secret to success, complaining.

It's a low drop, but you can get it much more frequently by running blooming scarabs (which isn't really profitable because the scarab is expensive)

I just bulk buy ravaged maps and ignore the atlas for a while
"

I too am struggling with survivability in high tier maps. Eater maps specifically usually have a large number of magical projectiles for which we have zero passive defence. We don't block them and we have no spell suppression so they are very deadly. They often shoot from offscreen before we get a chance to react so we need to be on our toes and actively dodge the projectiles then zap or zap them first before they can shoot. I noticed that switching Increased Critical Damage for Faster Casting helped a lot in getting an Arc off before the mobs can shoot or not being rooted in place when the projectiles arrive.
Hey Cassie,

I am now doing T16 maps but I have problems with two things.

1st: My boss damage is horrible. I always apply my curse, use galvanic field. etc. I do not use shimmerion right now, because I think the wand I have is a little bit better right now. But I cant even scratch Hydra/Minotaur/etc. Can't even thing about the crusader guys. I almost have every gear piece except the Crown of the Inward eye.

2nd: I literally get oneshot like once of twice every map either by Physical hits (I have literally 0 mitigation except the really poor Determination) or by spells that come in at the same time (getting shotgunned kind of). We have 0 Spell supress, almost 0 spell block, no high resistances.

What can I do? I can't even clear normal T16 content properly (not counting the bosses, the maps are a joke dmg wise, very easy)

Please help? I think my character is open to see
"
Bl4cksun wrote:
Hey Cassie,

1st: My boss damage is horrible. I always apply my curse, use galvanic field. etc. I do not use shimmerion right now, because I think the wand I have is a little bit better right now. But I cant even scratch Hydra/Minotaur/etc. Can't even thing about the crusader guys. I almost have every gear piece except the Crown of the Inward eye.

2nd: I literally get oneshot like once of twice every map either by Physical hits (I have literally 0 mitigation except the really poor Determination) or by spells that come in at the same time (getting shotgunned kind of). We have 0 Spell supress, almost 0 spell block, no high resistances.

What can I do? I can't even clear normal T16 content properly (not counting the bosses, the maps are a joke dmg wise, very easy)

I feel you, it's rough. I'm farming T16s with full Beyond juice. We really can't really take many hits on this build so we have to play very snappy and proactively to dodge enemy attacks. Have you upgraded your Lunaris Pantheon? This helps a lot for mapping in terms of projectile mitigation which is our biggest weakness.

Do you have enough ES? That plays a huge part in our tankiness. Why are you not using Inward Eye? It's a massive boost to armour and ES and it's cheap for a basic one.

In terms of damage, I noticed you aren't using Wrath, that is a huge dps loss. Is it because you don't have Enlighten? Try to pick one up. Level 2 if you can, if not level 1 and level it up. With Enlighten 2, you can already fit in all the auras, it's just that Vitality and Clarity will be lower level.

Try picking up your Militant Faith jewel, there's more damage there. Also if you can, a Watcher's eye, there's both damage and defense in that. Prioritise the cast speed, it really helps.

I see that you've deviated from Cassie's tree for your level. You should get rid of the nodes at the Templar start and invest them into something better, like cluster jewels if you're able to craft them/buy them.

For mapping, swapping Imp. Crit. Dmg for faster casting really helps not stay rooted in place so much while casting, try that.

I know the above items are expensive but this is quite an expensive build for the amount of dps to be honest. It's not the fastest farmer or the tankiest character. It's a fantastic concept build and very fun but not the most bang for your buck. Are you farming blight + some other mechanic for currency?

I hope this helps. Perhaps Cassie has some more/better advice.

Best of luck!
Last edited by OzManiak on Aug 5, 2024, 8:31:24 PM
"
Bl4cksun wrote:
Hey Cassie,

You're on the right track, the biggest thing you need right now is levels and cluster jewels. Keep working on finishing all of your items and gems.

You need Prism Guardian, that'll help a lot.

I noticed your auras aren't set right, you should be using Determination rather than Vitality until you get enlighten 3 (then you use both). Also your clarity is overleveled, it should be level 10. (We fix mana regen using cluster jewels).

Finish up the uniques, get your gems and flasks set correctly, and get leveled up, and you'll notice a difference. The build can only be good as the actual items used in the POB, the holes in your character's upgrades currently are the problem.

(I have semi-budget gear still while i save up for mapping supplies, and I've killed guardians and run blight-ravaged daily)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info