3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Mentoya wrote:
Hey Brunowa. You actually did a carry for me a few leagues back, and I remember you were running EA at the time and obliterated the boss so quickly. I can't remember what is what. One of the high end bosses though.

My question is, how well do you think this will do against Ultimatums? Just curious. Looking forward to your updated POB, if it needs it that is.

Not Brunowa, but I think the build should do very well, the biggest question is defenses to survive, this build easily hits the dot cap, the new EA change in quality means we just need to put more aspd. Dmg is buffed from +2 max!
Last edited by TheAtrocity on Dec 6, 2023, 1:39:05 AM
The only bad thing about this build is that it's addictive. If you are going to start learning this build this season, I would like to suggest something. Learn to calculate the fuse, pay attention to the attack speed and accuracy, learn the break points. Don't forget to calculate the fuse when you change items. Remember, more fuse more damage. Check the poeninja from time to time when you reach the endgame. You can find ea ballista build with very creative modifications. Brunowa has given you all the key points. Learn the key points and you can improve the build according to yourself. Have fun!
"
Mentoya wrote:
Hey Brunowa. You actually did a carry for me a few leagues back, and I remember you were running EA at the time and obliterated the boss so quickly. I can't remember what is what. One of the high end bosses though.

My question is, how well do you think this will do against Ultimatums? Just curious. Looking forward to your updated POB, if it needs it that is.

That's awesome! I think I remember your name Mentoya.

Hard to say with Ultimatum only because I didn't play that league so I can't say with certainty how it would go. It kind of looks like ritual tho??? And rituals are fine.

DPS won't be an issue. Like you say, I was doing Uber Boss carries. The only thing with ultimatums would be whether the delayed fuse explosion allows that split second for you to get hit, but because I haven't played Ultimatums, I don't know how bad that would be.

Personally, I am running Champion this league simply because I've never tried it and this in itself may also mitigate the issue above because of being more tanky.
"
Nevérmind wrote:
The only bad thing about this build is that it's addictive. If you are going to start learning this build this season, I would like to suggest something. Learn to calculate the fuse, pay attention to the attack speed and accuracy, learn the break points. Don't forget to calculate the fuse when you change items. Remember, more fuse more damage. Check the poeninja from time to time when you reach the endgame. You can find ea ballista build with very creative modifications. Brunowa has given you all the key points. Learn the key points and you can improve the build according to yourself. Have fun!

Agree!

I've been running Shockwave Totems the last couple of leagues so I will be a little rusty to begin with returning to this.

The +2 fuses and shorter duration make it even more important to keep an eye on your total count. Because hitting those 22 fuses will be harder (because of shorter duration), but the potential for more DPS is there.

This is another reason I am running Champion this league. With the ascendency, you can take Worthy Foe which means your ballistas always hit, meaning you don't have to worry about accuracy whatsoever. This frees up your gear slots so you can focus purely on attack speed and duration. Hitting the 22 fuses means the DPS will be higher than previous which was the downside of the Champion compared to Elementalist. The DPS will still be significantly lower than Elementalist, but it should be a nice little improvement.

I'm not saying Champion is superior and trying to convert anyone. I'm just sharing my own personal thoughts as to why I am personally going to run Champion this league.
Last edited by brunowa on Dec 6, 2023, 4:04:26 AM
"
brunowa wrote:
"
Nevérmind wrote:

Agree!

I've been running Shockwave Totems the last couple of leagues so I will be a little rusty to begin with returning to this.

The +2 fuses and shorter duration make it even more important to keep an eye on your total count. Because hitting those 22 fuses will be harder (because of shorter duration), but the potential for more DPS is there.

This is another reason I am running Champion this league. With the ascendency, you can take Worthy Foe which means your ballistas always hit, meaning you don't have to worry about accuracy whatsoever. This frees up your gear slots so you can focus purely on attack speed and duration. Hitting the 22 fuses means the DPS will be higher than previous which was the downside of the Champion compared to Elementalist. The DPS will still be significantly lower than Elementalist, but it should be a nice little improvement.

I'm not saying Champion is superior and trying to convert anyone. I'm just sharing my own personal thoughts as to why I am personally going to run Champion this league.

Then I'll drop the bomb. Champion build when?

Edit: I think the gem quality changes hit the elementalist worse. It is very difficult to reach 22 fuse until very end game. Worthy Foe huge advantege for champion. I'll play 52% Champ - 48% Elementalist. Didnt choose yet.
Last edited by Nevérmind on Dec 6, 2023, 4:23:56 AM
"
Nevérmind wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:
"
Nevérmind wrote:

Agree!

Then I'll drop the bomb. Champion build when?

Edit: I think the gem quality changes hit the elementalist worse. It is very difficult to reach 22 fuse until very end game. Worthy Foe huge advantege for champion. I'll play 52% Champ - 48% Elementalist. Didnt choose yet.

Quality changes probably hit Champion worse imo because it makes it harder to get 100% change to ignite. Whereas Elementalist gives it free with the ascendency. So that's a big downside to Champ, you have to ensure you get 100% chance to ignite. I forgot to mention that.

actually both have upsides and downsides. you dont have to worry about ignite chance if you playing elementalist. and if you playing champion you dont have to worry about accuracy. im also using shaper of the storms for my very endgame variant. hard to choose. but i think now 51% elementalist 49% champ for me :D
Last edited by Nevérmind on Dec 6, 2023, 4:37:31 AM
I have a question, if the DPS of Champion is significantly lower than Elementalist, why is it that players take it? I know there's the +2 fuse thing that Brunowa explained, but if there's such a "significant" difference in DPS between Elementalist and champion, what am I missing?
Are we just to take the POB from 3.21 at the bottom? Im not seeing one marked for 3.23?? Please and thank you <3
"
Mentoya wrote:
I have a question, if the DPS of Champion is significantly lower than Elementalist, why is it that players take it? I know there's the +2 fuse thing that Brunowa explained, but if there's such a "significant" difference in DPS between Elementalist and champion, what am I missing?

Champion is just more tanky.

For softcore, Elementalist would be the choice for 90% of players. It's only if you want more tankiness that you would go Champion, with the downside of less DPS.

In saying that, Champion still has the potential to reach the DOT cap which means it can equal the DPS of Elementalist, but it takes more effort and currency which most people wouldn't manage to achieve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info