3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Regarding the unique mask,
Wouldnt the "Inflict fire exposure on hit" brick the elemental equlibrium?

I mean we avoid any flat fire damage on gear just to NOT get any fire exposure.
So wouldnt this item be useless to us or actually shit, or am i missing something?
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
Regarding the unique mask,
Wouldnt the "Inflict fire exposure on hit" brick the elemental equlibrium?

I mean we avoid any flat fire damage on gear just to NOT get any fire exposure.
So wouldnt this item be useless to us or actually shit, or am i missing something?

Hey mate think you have it a bit backwards, we avoid flat fire damage so we DO get fire exposure.
Fire exposure is good, but EoM is not the best (still not bad IMO) for other reasons previously listed.
To be clear with th eye of malice mask :

What you get :
- eva/es
- fire/cold res

What you don't get :
- exposure on hit (because you already get it from ee, and a stronger one)

What you might get :
- some damage from the nearby line, but it's so nearby that it doesnt really make sense to use it compared to other items such as a good crown.

Why top dps guys on poeninja use it (i haven't checked but i assume) :
- Because poeninja doesnt care for that nearby line, will always consider it active.
- Because poeninja considers that the exposures stack or something, the calculations are wrong and if you want to "dps warrior" your way on that website, you'll use every trick to get "more". It doesnt apply in the real game, nor does it in PoB.
- If you see guys that use this item + the exposure implicit on gloves on poeninja you can be pretty sure they're just trying to boost their numbers there, but it's all pointless when actually playing.

In short : it's an ok helmet, but please don't use just because you see other people use it. The nearby line on it is really really close and even then it doesnt give that much "more", you'd be losing dps most of the time compared to the double elevated blizz crown.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Sep 23, 2023, 5:21:27 AM
https://pobb.in/fdmTmnbaTVBN
If anyone could please give me some pointers on where to go from here ?
I think my Dps is somwewhat ok, not sure what i should be doing to increase my survivability.
Budget is around 18 Divine Orbs.
OK so i thought of the fire exposure in the wrong way, fire exposure is good for us.

But i dont really understand why increaded monster fire resistance would be good for us (for example in the unique mask).
Since we use EE wouldnt the fire res always be the minus number from the EE passive?
Or does EE invert the fire res so if a monster has huge fire res say 200% fire res they get -200% from the EE?

In that case the red altars that give increased fire res to monsters would be a huge bonus for us instead of a drawback.

Anyone can explain how this works?
Last edited by Mateo_swe on Sep 25, 2023, 6:41:08 AM
Turbopuschel1

Im not an expert on EA totems but i looked at your char and one thing you should do is to use either elemental or speed catalysts on your belt.
You can raise the faster ignites from 35% to 42% by using the catalysts.

If you shoose an evasion based helmet you can take the increased spell supression on the evasion mastery.
Also you could use one of the unique jewels that says "Command xx soldiers under Rakiata" (cant remember what its called) and place it where you have the impossible escape jewel (put that in other gemslot on tree).
This will give you much faster ignites depending on the variant you have.

Also the Damage over time mastery that gives more damage if you killed recently i think is wasted.
Because you kill ordinary monsters fast anyway and the time you need extra damage are at hard bosses and they rarely have minions.
So i would spend that point elsewere.
Same with the point in totem mastery that give 2 totems, it can be made better use elsewere.

If you dont hit the 20 fuses cap you might consider using a Broad quiver instead that gives attack speed.

Probably more things you can do but you seem to have got the most stuff.
You can always min/max everyting and get awakened empwer and such high budget improvements.
Others can probably give some other pointers.
Last edited by Mateo_swe on Sep 25, 2023, 10:51:49 AM
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
OK so i thought of the fire exposure in the wrong way, fire exposure is good for us.

But i dont really understand why increaded monster fire resistance would be good for us (for example in the unique mask).
Since we use EE wouldnt the fire res always be the minus number from the EE passive?
Or does EE invert the fire res so if a monster has huge fire res say 200% fire res they get -200% from the EE?

In that case the red altars that give increased fire res to monsters would be a huge bonus for us instead of a drawback.

Anyone can explain how this works?

Ok let's go with numbers, using my build, perfect conditions, then trying the mask. :

Pinnacle bosses etc have 50% base fire resistance. Say we go with a regular Pinnacle Boss, with no special buff whatsoever.

The build will apply -x% to that fire resistance.

-39% from flammability
-10% from combustion
-12% from the crown
-10% from scorch
-55% from elemental equilibrium* (base ee + boosts) (*yes the exposure from ee is freaking amazing)
Total : -126%

Bringing the enemy from +50% to -76% : meaning i have a 1.76 multiplier to damage due to enemy fire "negative" fire resistance

At that point in the calculations, the multipliers (increased damage taken) also apply (on my build, 6% from summoned totems + 10% from cinderswallom urn + 20% from covered in ash.
Total : 36%.

damage is multiplied by 1.76 and by 1.36.

----

Now if i used the mask again the same enemy (and played melee at all time, i insist) :

Well first number calculations would be :
-10% (combustion)
-39% (flammability)
-55% (elemental equilibrium)
-10% scorched
For a total of -114.
50-114 = -64%

And ONLY THEN you apply the eye of malice effect :
Enemy resistance is -64%, EoM increases that number by 50% : -64*1.5 = -96

Enemy has now -96% resistance, giving me x1.96 to my damage

Then, just like before, i also have the multipliers to damage taken by the enemy, giving me another x1.36 to my damage.

damage is multiplied by 1.96 and by 1.36.

---

Recap :
(1) Elemental equilibrium is just amazing, greatest fire exposure ( -55% :o )
(2) Exposures don't stack, only highest exposure counts, so you can forget about all other exposure sources, because (1)
(3) Eye of malice nearby line is a multiplier to the enemy resistance : if enemy has negative res, it makes it "even more negative", if you want
(4) Eye of malice only works if you're in melee range, otherwise it doesnt give you damage at all, considering that the other damage line is the chance to inflict exposure on hit. (2)
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Sep 25, 2023, 5:33:45 PM
Has anyone had any luck running Flawless Breachstones solo? Normal stones are no problem and I ran a Pure (using the map craft) and that went alright, too. It seems like I'm just not killing fast enough in flawless and the timer runs out. I've bricked 3 so far and they haven't had crazy mods on them (no fire res to monsters or anything). PoB Explosive Arrow ignite dps is about 27 million against guardians which I figured would be good enough, but I guess not. :/

PoB link below, any tips or pointers would be appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/6U2t3LdR
Last edited by ILjXYZ on Sep 25, 2023, 8:58:14 PM
Thanks for the fire res exposure and EE writeup.
So the red altars with higher fire res on monsters are a big downside, not as the multiplier on the mask.
I seem to kill stuff anyway when taking these altars but maybe it would be faster if i didnt.
"
ILjXYZ wrote:
Has anyone had any luck running Flawless Breachstones solo? Normal stones are no problem and I ran a Pure (using the map craft) and that went alright, too. It seems like I'm just not killing fast enough in flawless and the timer runs out. I've bricked 3 so far and they haven't had crazy mods on them (no fire res to monsters or anything). PoB Explosive Arrow ignite dps is about 27 million against guardians which I figured would be good enough, but I guess not. :/

PoB link below, any tips or pointers would be appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/6U2t3LdR

You have convergence checked. Those 30% damage won't be up during the breachstone.

That was the hardest thing I did. Failed two and finally did the third (after getting a lot more damage) but was down to like 2s when the breach reached the boss arena.
I have a lot of damage and a lot of attack speed.

You need to run fast and not stop to wait for packs to die. I'm using divergent ex arrow and lots of attack speed including haste. Also feels much smoother for mapping.

Here's my character:
https://pobb.in/NWxcl0wWIuZ7
The damage calc is set to uber pinnacle.
Last edited by Krogon on Sep 28, 2023, 9:27:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info